🏋️‍♀️Science of Diet and Exercise Journal👩‍🎓

I couple of thing I saw yesterday about the challenge, firstly was our state premier doing his push-ups for the challenge at a press conference and secondly that a Uni here in Aus is doing a study to look at the effect the challenge is having on mental health.

1718151648238.png

I don't know your state politics but if officials are joining in: good for them! How was his form? :p
That study should be interesting and if it comes out a couple of weeks before the start of next year's challenge it might get some good publicity as well.

I don't know your state politics but if officials are joining in: good for them! How was his form?

His form was quite good.

1718319537005.png

Data shows that around 3.4 million of us saw a health professional for our mental health in a 12-month period, falling well below the 4.2 million Aussies who experience mental health difficulties each year.

In the gym yesterday arvo, little miss has decided she loves my spin bike. Rhythm on the rower is good but still have a tendency to slowly creep over my target intensity.

Practical exam DONE !

The emergency scenario I drew out of the hat was a 50 year old collapsed playing tennis, so CPR , I got of lightly, there was some doozys in the mix after talking to other students afterwards. It was the professor I have struggled with that assessed this one but you cant get marked down for being intimidating if the patient is unconscious and not breathing.

For the second part of the the exam I drew a Thumb MCP RCL Taping for a Basketball player out of the hat. The person assessing this one I had never met before and they commented after the assessment that it was a very neat effective thumb strap and my sideline experience really showed.

Shoulder is playing up, I have replaced push-ups with squat to be on the safe side despite the ROM for push-ups being ok, I cannot lift my arm above shoulder height again, I think throwing a toy for the dog a few days ago aggravated it.. The shoulder also handled the full 10 minutes of CPR ok

Exams all done !!!!

went to little misses sport carnival today after exam, she had a lot of fun.

Looks like I have a new challenge to work with, a teen with cerebral palsy looking to make it to the Brisbane Para Olympics for Powerlifting and Rowing. Working with my friend J who owns a local gym we hope help this girl achieve her Olympic dream.

Wonderful you did so great on your exam that was videoed! It must feel so good to be done with exams, too. So cool you get to train someone for the Para Olympics!! Can't wait to hear how that goes.

Congratulations on the end of exam season! That must be a load off. If anyone can get that girl to the Olympics it's you.

Shoulder is playing up, I have replaced push-ups with squat to be on the safe side despite the ROM for push-ups being ok, I cannot lift my arm above shoulder height again, I think throwing a toy for the dog a few days ago aggravated it.. The shoulder also handled the full 10 minutes of CPR ok
Do you have frozen shoulder? I do, and am wondering what to do for it, or if it's really individual based on which shoulder muscles are pinched.

Do you have frozen shoulder? I do, and am wondering what to do for it, or if it's really individual based on which shoulder muscles are pinched.

My shoulder problem is a little more complex than frozen shoulder, I have a mix of tears, calcification, bone spurs, impingements and bursitis in my right shoulder.

I have had adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) in my left, I had a mix of treatment including having the joint capsule inflated with a CT guided injection, this procedure is very painful but it allowed enough movement and pain relief for rehab exercises to be effective. I never quite recovered my full ROM but got close.

Hooray for the exams being done!!!
Looks like I have a new challenge to work with, a teen with cerebral palsy looking to make it to the Brisbane Para Olympics for Powerlifting and Rowing. Working with my friend J who owns a local gym we hope help this girl achieve her Olympic dream.
That is exciting, Tru. I, too have confidence in you. If anyone can do it, you can!

Oh, ow, that sounds quite painful, and I hope they can rehab the second shoulder. My friend has calcification, and she'll need surgery. I hope it is better with yours.

I have been keeping up with the challenge and looking at what will be involved in next semester's subjects

Looks like I will be assessed on mentoring 1st year students in the Advanced coaching subject which incorporates mentor certifications and assessor cert. If the professor for the performance enhancement subject is who I think it will be, I will have a great opportunity to pick the brains of a Paralympic legend above and beyond his textbook which I will need to buy.

The training and assessor cert is required to assess people being tested for lower level qualifications like personal trainers as part of the national education framework.

Cate you would probably know who Dr Brendan Burkett is

I have spent the afternoon catching up as surgeon in the plushie hospital. They had been accumulating on the bookshelf, almost all of the injured plushies have had small holes sewn up, Peter rabbit remains in plushie hospital until I can get new batteries to give him his voice back before repairing his leg injury.

I had heard of him, Tru but just looked him up. That would be such a thrill.
I see you have many skills. Plushie surgeon, hey? 👏

Back