Cate's Diary

Thanks, Llama. Maybe the anti-virals messed with my stomach flora. I might take some extra pro-biotics & eat more yoghurt. I have a 90-minute appointment at the dentist today (another 80 km return trip). I am dreading it. It's to have a bridge removed, a crown measured up & then a temporary tooth replaced....Ugh!

Best of luck with the dentist! Your stomach should have no flora but even gut flora should be unaffected by antivirals unless they also contain antibiotics for some reason.

Thanks, Llama. I didn't know or read anything about antivirals & just did. I think I had assumed they were just antibiotics. I may have been suffering from some side effects of them. Who knows 🤷‍♀️
"Antiviral medicines target the virus (SARS-CoV-2) that causes COVID-19 to prevent it from infecting healthy cells in your body and multiplying. This helps stop the spread of the virus inside your body and helps your immune system to fight off the infection."
I'm glad I took them. A much younger friend had a heart attack recently a week after having covid.

A much younger friend had a heart attack recently a week after having covid.
That's terrifying. And I know that the same can theoretically happen if people don't take it easy after the flu but I haven't heard of it happening to anyone in my 43 years of living.

I am glad you are feeling a little better Cate. Too bad about needing to go into the dentist for all that work done. Would be nice to just rest some more I'm sure...

That's terrifying. And I know that the same can theoretically happen if people don't take it easy after the flu but I haven't heard of it happening to anyone in my 43 years of living.
He may have been going to have a heart attack anyway, Llama. Who knows? 🤷‍♀️
I am glad you are feeling a little better Cate. Too bad about needing to go into the dentist for all that work done. Would be nice to just rest some more I'm sure...
Thanks, Liza. I was in the chair for 70 minutes & it wasn’t fun. We have too much happening at the moment!
Tomorrow I have a hair appointment at 9.15, Wednesday golf, Thursday clean our house, Friday family lunch here, Saturday golf, Sunday lunch with friends up the coast, Monday Archie annual vet check, Tuesday day at home for me, Wednesday ladies Christmas breakup, Thursday back to the dentist….after that nothing stressful!

Oh gosh--yes it is sounding very busy! Good you got the dentist over with at least. I hope you continue to feel better and can at least enjoy the golfing and the visiting!

I know I need a day between things to recover but it has been almost impossible to organise.
R is sick at the moment. I think he has crashed physically. He has been doing too much.
I am looking forward to getting my hair cut this morning!
3 things I am grateful for-
Our lovely, peaceful house,
my lovely, caring husband &
our adorable, good-natured dog.

Sometimes the body just takes what it needs, especially with people who only ever think of others. Enjoy that haircut!

I know I need a day between things to recover but it has been almost impossible to organise.
I'm the same way--I like a lot of down time between social things. Hopefully things don't get to feeling too overwhelming!

Thanks, Llama, Liza (& Vic).
I feel I have ticked a few things off this week. I will try not to think too much about it all.
I have been hopeless at tracking again so I just went & put today's food in. I may have a piccolo after golf, but I'll see how I feel. Most likely I'll have a diet dry ginger.

I feel I have ticked a few things off this week. I will try not to think too much about it all.
Excellent about getting a few things done. Always a good idea to try to not think about all the things left waiting to be done!

Wow, you are doing so much while still trying to recover. I hope things calm down soon so your body can catch up. I hope R is feeling better, too. Probiotics really help us when our stomach is off - hope they help!

Are you feeling better Cate? Sounds like a busy schedule but manageable. I hope you're feeling okay after the dentist visit.

Thanks, Llama xo
Excellent about getting a few things done. Always a good idea to try to not think about all the things left waiting to be done!
I think so too. I might make my New Year's resolution to make sure I space things out better.
Wow, you are doing so much while still trying to recover. I hope things calm down soon so your body can catch up. I hope R is feeling better, too. Probiotics really help us when our stomach is off - hope they help!
Too much, M I know. I'm starting to feel stronger physically but have Asthma this morning. I think I know why though & it's my fault. I have a weakness for salt & vinegar flavoured anything & had bought some salt & vinegar rice crackers & yesterday ate about 20 🫣 Of course, they will have MSG in them, which triggers my Asthma. Sometimes we do things we know we shouldn't. Lesson learned- again.
Are you feeling better Cate? Sounds like a busy schedule but manageable. I hope you're feeling okay after the dentist visit.
I am, thanks Em. My teeth have been very sensitive after the visit, but feel better this morning. I'll be pleased when the job is finished (the 14th). Hopefully, it will be quick. My dentist said this will last 20 years. You would love my dentist. We have some great conversations.
You'll be happy to know I had a cracking day out yesterday. I had a net 67 & played to 7 shots better than my handicap, which on most days would win easily, but my friend, T had an even better day out with a net 64, also 7 shots better than her handicap. It was a stroke event (our monthly medal) but if it had been a Stableford I would have won on a countback. We both had the same stableford points. If I am ever going to be beaten I am happy for it to be by T. She was so chuffed & so was I. We're playing in a team of 3 together on Saturday & I think this means both of our handicaps will have come in quite a bit. I just had a quick look & we have both lost one shot. Yay! She'll be happy. Apparently, our rounds were both considered exceptional & you get cut an additional shot.
OK- I had better start doing some housework!
Hope you feel better.
Thanks, Blue :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about the asthma. I also eat stuff that triggers allergies - so weird we do that! Do you know any cures for temperature sensitive teeth? My new cap on my tooth hates cold so much that I am warming up all my water before drinking it. So fun hearing about your golf game with T. You seem like two peas in a pod!!

Sorry to hear about the asthma. I also eat stuff that triggers allergies - so weird we do that!
I think I crave stuff I know is not good for me. It is very weird!
Do you know any cures for temperature sensitive teeth? My new cap on my tooth hates cold so much that I am warming up all my water before drinking it.
I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing, but I'll ask my dentist when I see him next week for the fitting.
So fun hearing about your golf game with T. You seem like two peas in a pod!!
I love this woman, M. I'll take that as a great compliment.
I thought we should have a name for our women's team on Saturday (& any subsequent team). I came up with the 3 T's & said they can think what they like about what the Ts stand for. She burst out laughing when I said that & we both then started coming up with silly things like the 3 titties or the 3 tarts. We'll give this some more thought. I like the idea of people wondering what the Ts stand for as T is the only t in the team. Actually, there's only one T in the word team. I think I might stick to the 3 Ts. All 3 of us tee off on each hole too & the 3 Ts can be 4 Ts etc......

I think I crave stuff I know is not good for me. It is very weird!
Don't we all, or most of us here? I can't ever recall craving a light salad or not eating...
the 3 titties or the 3 tarts. We'll give this some more thought. I like the idea of people wondering what the Ts stand for as T is the only t in the team. Actually, there's only one T in the word team. I think I might stick to the 3 Ts. All 3 of us tee off on each hole too & the 3 Ts can be 4 Ts etc......
Here's to the T lady! And ladies!

Back