Floater's diary

Gym was good but it seems like I have injured my right hand. I can´t recall hurting it, so has to be a strain injury.

Incline bench press: 10x10x20kg. LAt pulldowns: 35 kg for the first two sets, failed on the third switched to 30, failed that on the fourth and switched to 27,5 and did the rest of the sets with that except for the last one which I did with 30kg.

Maybe the cold and rainy weather played a role, hard to say. I only have one more week to go before my next tattoo appointment and I need to take a break from gym for a week or so afterwards. Because the tat is on the back of my neck, and I want to eliminate rubbing it and putting pressure on it for a month or so, I´ll continue doing GVT for another meso, but I´ll switch the incline bench presses for cable chest presses and squats for front squats.

According to the InBody machine I´ve gained 100g of muscle and lost 400g of fat in two weeks. I know the machines aren´t super accurate, but it´s not an impossible result.

Once the tat on my neck has completely healed and I´m done with my second GVT meso, I think the meso after that could be focused on running and swimming on most days with maybe just 3 gym sessions per week.

Hit the gym last night, took it easy on the wrist by using 5kg for my 10x10 DB overhead presses. Still got a decent burn so all is well in that regard. Did squats with 50kg and made it to the sixth set of ten but got so nauseous I decided to wrap things up early.

Got cold sweats afterwards, and they persisted long into the night, which tells me I need a rest day and I need to deload soon as well. Today I´ll just go on a walk and clean up and do stuff like that around the house.

Rest day did me good. Ate plenty of veg, fruit, and protein, did house chores and tended to my houseplants.

sounds like maybe you had low blood sugar. That could cause you cold sweats. maybe have a small glass of orange juice if you feel that way.
Decent advice, but because I ate and it didn't really go away, my money is on CNS fatigue.

Today I've been doing chores. Feel pretty loopy still.

Had to take another day off the gym, but the pain in my hand is gone now, and I organized my smaller room so it's ready for the winter and put a plant light for my plants there because otherwise the midwinter will be too rough for them.

Gym tomorrow. Gotta eat a bit more before sleeping but I need to lie down for a minut

that's good that your injured hand is feeling better. your plants should be happy in their new space. I dont have a green thumb so most of the plants we have been shedding their leaves.

that's good that your injured hand is feeling better. your plants should be happy in their new space. I dont have a green thumb so most of the plants we have been shedding their leaves.
Thanks!

Today was third day off the gym but I spent it doing a big autumn cleanup. Weather's getting warmer so I may even be able to wash the windows tomorrow or at least get started, it's a big project after all. No gonna have some greek yogurt with honey and cocoa nibs and hopefully fall asleep easily.

Tomorrow I WILL hit the gym no exceptions, ifs or butts, but cleaning up is also very important.

Thanks!

Today was third day off the gym but I spent it doing a big autumn cleanup. Weather's getting warmer so I may even be able to wash the windows tomorrow or at least get started, it's a big project after all. No gonna have some greek yogurt with honey and cocoa nibs and hopefully fall asleep easily.

Tomorrow I WILL hit the gym no exceptions, ifs or butts, but cleaning up is also very important.
Tbh window washing is strenuous enough that if I pull that off, I might just as well call it an upper body day lol

On days I do GVT I´ve noticed I get a beastly hunger a few hours after the workout which makes sense of course. Because I´m not looking to bulk but to maingain, I´ve been thinking about nutritional and yet high enough kcal options that would also feel like treats. I may be onto something with my dessert for today:

300g of 0,8%fat 8,8g protein per 100g yogurt
A chopped up banana
Handful of cashews
Heaping spoonful of lemon curd

mix and enjoy. Loved it. Gonna buy lemon curd to add variety to my yogurt toppings anyway.

I think 300g of yogurt is like 170 calories the banana is 100 calories that's 270 calories so far without cashews that are like 5 calories for each one. not sure on lemon curd. I would not want to add much more stuff as it keeps pushing the calories up. I use https://www.nutritionix.com/ to track calories.

I think 300g of yogurt is like 170 calories the banana is 100 calories that's 270 calories so far without cashews that are like 5 calories for each one. not sure on lemon curd. I would not want to add much more stuff as it keeps pushing the calories up.
I presume that your personal goals solely circle around kcal deficit. Why do you presume mine do, especially when I contextualized the meal and its purpose in my message? Your goals are not my goals.

Arranging things around the apartment took me the whole day today and quite a bit of elbow grease so I might go to bed early instead of hitting the gym, but we'll see how I feel after a cup of coffee and a snack.

Yup decided to prioritize rest. New mattress is very comfy.

Back