Cate's Diary

Thanks, Em. Liza & Llama.
We had a good day yesterday & did some pottering about. Last night I felt a rough bit in my mouth & thought the very temporary tooth may have been coming loose so went to check it in the bathroom mirror. It wouldn't have mattered. From feeling so relieved that I was close to having my crown finished at last I saw that I have a split tooth on the other side of where the crown was meant to go. I haven't bitten on anything hard to do this damage. It has really knocked me for six. I'll ring the dentist when we get back from town to let him know. I don't know what will happen now. It will obviously have to be pulled out & then who knows? I could cry.

:grouphug: That sucks, my friend. Especially when things are already so expensive.

Thanks, Llama. I just got off the phone with my dentist, after a quick trip into town, including the tip. I just emailed a couple of photos of my teeth & they will probably ring me back soon. I think I can get through to Thursday but I'll see what he says. It has got me down. I really thought I would be done with the dentist for a year. I will probably have a good cry today. I don't think I have the energy right now.

Thanks, Liza. The dentist looked at my photos & told the receptionist that he was sure it was my temporary tooth that was split. I'm sure it's not, but I have decided to not think about it. I said to G this morning that one of us is going to feel like a big goose & I hope it's me. For the tooth next to the split one I can get a pickster and dental floss underneath it. Maybe I don't understand the procedures. 🤞

It's cool here at the moment, considering we are mid-summer. It's 10oC only getting to 18. I don't mind. I might do some house cleaning today & perhaps some gardening. G is at golf. His friend is coming out for the day & hopefully, G will find out some more info about his cancer. I hope it's early stage.

Thanks, Em. I hope he's right too :)
I feel a fair bit more positive today. We do have to just keep tootin' along 🚂 I like that emoji :)

Wow, sorry about your tooth. I hope the dentist is right about it being the temporary fix having trouble. Do you go in again soon to check? I have 3 more cracked teeth to cap. Are you wearing a bite guard in the night now? I have one in and my enamel on the cutting ends of my teeth feels good and solid again now. Do you think you would want to find a fun way to raise a little extra money here and there like my friend used to rent space from a farmer and she grew elephant garlic because it was one of the most expensive crops per pound. She sold it to local food coops and at farmer's markets when the crop matured a couple times a year. You could grow something low maintenance like herbs and make beautiful dried bundles of them with pretty ribbon and a heart included or something fun like that or learn to make herb oils in nice little bottles with ribbons and hearts. Just a couple of ideas off the top of my head - if this sounds tiring, just ignore what I wrote!

Thanks, Llama, Marsia & Liza. I didn't get around to all the diaries this morning, including mine. I didn't feel like going to golf, but I did. I know that I am better off playing than not. I played poorly but had good company with K & T, my two favourites. We all played poorly. I am so glad to be home again. I was out of sorts. I'm OK now.
I have my next dental appointment tomorrow at 10 am. I have just tried not thinking about it.

Thanks, Llama, Marsia & Liza. I didn't get around to all the diaries this morning, including mine. I didn't feel like going to golf, but I did. I know that I am better off playing than not. I played poorly but had good company with K & T, my two favourites. We all played poorly. I am so glad to be home again. I was out of sorts. I'm OK now.
I have my next dental appointment tomorrow at 10 am. I have just tried not thinking about it.
Good for you getting out to golf Cate. I know when I am feeling anxious forcing myself out is usually best. Really glad you had some good time with your favorite golf buddies! Fingers crossed that the dentist goes well!

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em. I think the dentist appointment has been playing on my mind. I sure hope he's right & I'm wrong! I'll come back later I think xo

I’m in the waiting room at the moment, trying not to bite my bottom lip! I hope this won’t be any more expensive than I thought. He may have forgotten what he quoted me. I sure hope he’s right about which tooth is split 🤞

So wonderful! I'm so glad that they didn't charge for their mistake. How is your new cap feeling?

Back