Cate's Diary

So glad you enjoyed yourself and didn't worry about inner critic stuff! And nice you got good sleep on top of that, too!!

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Marsia.
The woman who I didn't want to play with again, after playing in a team with her twice before, sent me a message asking me to play with her & K (one of my favourites) this coming Saturday. *sigh* I said yes & thanks for asking me. I try to like her but she's such a know-it-all and is very bossy.
I had a bit of a lazy day yesterday after golf on Sunday & also had another good night's sleep. I'll go to golf tomorrow, but it may be called off as storms are predicted.

Glad K is fun to play with, but I hope you can practice some polite ways of saying "no" to people who are bossy and not fun. Is G any good at coming up with good reasons not to play? Glad you slept well, and hope you dodge the storms ok!

Haha. G would always say yes, either to him or me playing. I love playing in team events where I can play with G & 1 or 2 others. We used to have 4-person team events but they have changed it to 3-person as there were teams who travelled around winning tournaments & they thought some were cheating. Now they play 2 x teams of 3 & it's more accountable. G is popular & gets asked to be in a team early.
I may ask if K, P & I can play with a group that I know & like (no women) if they're happy to play with us. G is going to ask today.

I think yes is your default Em. :) I am trying to be a yes person when it comes to a game, but still no to taking any positions.
I may not come in here in the morning so I thought I would have a quick look now.
I weighed myself this morning & was very disappointed. I subsequently had a tofu salad for lunch, nothing afterwards, no wine before dinner & have eaten my chicken with veg tonight. I am a bit hungry but I think I am going to have to get used to being hungry again.
I took Arch for 2 walks.
I just put my food in for the day & I'm on 1190 cals, after some fruit salad & a scoop of ice cream, with a deficit of 336. I have my calories set at 1450. I'll get that fruit salad & i/c now. It's 6.30 pm. I hope I can get through until tomorrow morning without eating anything else.

The woman who I didn't want to play with again, after playing in a team with her twice before, sent me a message asking me to play with her & K (one of my favourites) this coming Saturday.
Heh, and you were worried you might not be fun enough to play with :p

It makes sense your weight might be up a little with all the resting you had to do to get over the last Covid symptoms. It's great to see you getting your calorie intake where you want it again and eating so well. I guess if you say yes to the bossy golf lady, you could train her subtly not to be so bossy and not let her boss you around. She'd either get tired of not being obeyed and not want to play with you anymore, or maybe some easy-going-ness will rub off on her. You could use your secret weapon on her and give her a heart!! Take that, miss bossy!

Disappointing weigh-ins are never fun but looks like you're right back on track.

I hope you can enjoy the golf even with the woman you don't like playing with!

Heh, and you were worried you might not be fun enough to play with :p
I'm not sure she is thinking about having fun, Llama, but OK point taken :ROFLMAO: I invited her to play with K & I last time so it would have been impolite not to ask me.
It makes sense your weight might be up a little with all the resting you had to do to get over the last Covid symptoms. It's great to see you getting your calorie intake where you want it again and eating so well. I guess if you say yes to the bossy golf lady, you could train her subtly not to be so bossy and not let her boss you around. She'd either get tired of not being obeyed and not want to play with you anymore, or maybe some easy-going-ness will rub off on her. You could use your secret weapon on her and give her a heart!! Take that, miss bossy!
Thanks, M. I really didn't move much for over a month. I got on the scales this morning & I was back down that kilo. Phew! Now to keep working on it!
I will try to stop her being so bossy. She may see me the same way for all I know. I might ask her if she wants to do our card. I also might just make her a heart. Good thinking :)
Disappointing weigh-ins are never fun but looks like you're right back on track.

I hope you can enjoy the golf even with the woman you don't like playing with!
Thanks, Liza. I am. It gave me the fright I needed.
I will certainly try. I can organise us to play with a group of three men- T's husband, D who I bought my cart off & his friend D who I really like, rather than playing with a group of other women. It's usually more fun. The 2 Ds play in our social group & we usually have a lot of laughs.

We had eggs & avocado on toast this morning as we were both meant to be playing golf. There is thunder & lightning & torrential rain & we are not going anywhere.
Lunch will be the soup I was going to take with me.
Dinner will be curried venison with veggies.
No wine.
I dropped my calories to 1450 from 1550. I want to lose some weight before our national golfing comp in March.

I think it's lovely to fight annoyance with kindness if you want the day to be ok but it might not be the best way to avoid her asking you again.

I think it's lovely to fight annoyance with kindness if you want the day to be ok but it might not be the best way to avoid her asking you again.
The next time we have one of these days I can get myself sorted into a group of 3 with G & someone else & then another 3 that we like. It's doable, without being obvious. I have made a couple of hearts today & I will only give her one if I feel like it on the day.
What a lazy day we have had. Too lazy!

Yay to being back down that kilo! That is one good thing about weighing more often--you see those ups and downs and know they can shift quickly--you can easily 'gain' a kilo with just a bit of water retention or whatever!...and then just as easily lose it...but yes always good if those little increases can help us stay on track!

I like it - keep your friends close and your bossy golfers closer! A lazy day inside with avocado toast and the rain pouring down outside sounds so nice and relaxing. Pairing anything with avocado toast makes it sound cozy and good! Glad that the weight gain didn't stick, and hopefully you can just keep dropping!!

Yay to being back down that kilo! That is one good thing about weighing more often--you see those ups and downs and know they can shift quickly--you can easily 'gain' a kilo with just a bit of water retention or whatever!...and then just as easily lose it...but yes always good if those little increases can help us stay on track!
Thanks, Liza. I'll try weighing more often, but, more importantly, I need to drink less wine.
I like it - keep your friends close and your bossy golfers closer! A lazy day inside with avocado toast and the rain pouring down outside sounds so nice and relaxing. Pairing anything with avocado toast makes it sound cozy and good! Glad that the weight gain didn't stick, and hopefully you can just keep dropping!!
Thanks, Marsia. It was a little bit too lazy. I need to move more!
I'm off to the dentist soon. He quoted me $2K for this crown. I hope there isn't anything else to be added as I am juggling a bit at the moment with bills. Money is tight.

Wow, good luck with you crown! Mine was about that, too. Do they do 2 visits, with the first being making a cast of the tooth and then they send away for the permanent crown while you have a temporary one? That's what they did with mine. I hope the money situation can resolve itself in some easy way. I sometimes picture you guys as event planner temps. for when you need to save up for vacations and such. Anyway, hoping all goes well at the dentist.

Thanks, Marsia. We're home again & it was a good trip. G went through a car wash with my little car (I hate doing it) & he went to a new Indian supermarket. We were early so I called into the big library down there & got lots of books. All went well at the dentist's. The cast wasn't good enough for the technician last time so I had to have it redone today. He made sure of it! He's a lovely guy. I met G at the fancy supermarket/deli & we did a great grocery shop- mostly fruit & veg.
We came home for lunch & are having a pot of tea.
We'll take Arch for a walk a bit later as we left him home today.

Glad everything went well at the dentist's and the tech didn't just mock something up when the cast wasn't good enough for a decent crown.

Back