Cate's Diary

That's what I have been thinking, Llama. He sleeps on our bed at night. It has only been a recent thing that he can't jump up, but It's not a low bed & he is a little dog 🐶 💜

Wow, sorry you are so sick you are crawling places. I hope someone can bring you nice library books soon so you aren't so restless. Also I don't know if your library does this or not, but some books from my library can be checked out electronically through their website. I never checked to see if any of them were books on tape, but I imagine so, as I bet those books are only downloadable files or on a website and streamable now. I read To Kill a Mockingbird when K was assigned it for school. Such a sad book. About how old is Archie now? When my cat got older we put a little pouf that you put your feet on by the bed so she could jump onto something soft and then down to the floor. Anyway, I hope you can sleep this off soon!!

That's what I was thinking: he isn't a young dog. Do you know how his joints are? It could be a pain problem rather than a strength problem.

Thanks, Rob. I have been taking it easy. I went to get in the shower this morning & instead crawled into bed. Archie wasn't impressed & growled at me, so I very reluctantly crawled out & had a shower. He doesn't seem to be able to jump up on our bed easily any more, but he also doesn't like a change in the routine.
I haven't had any energy at all, but have re-read To Kill A Mockingbird. It was my original book from High School, which I first read in 1968.
I will be happy when I feel well again. I managed to re-schedule my dentist appointments & hair appointment yet again.
I am so sick of being at home.
Oh that Archie growling you back into the shower-- I probably would have sent him out and stayed in bed!

Having such low energy isn't fun at all. Feel better soon, but yeah don't rush it and keep resting lots like the doctor says.

Wow, sorry you are so sick you are crawling places.
Sorry to worry you, Marsia. That's just a common expression I use. I'm not that bad.
I hope someone can bring you nice library books soon so you aren't so restless. Also I don't know if your library does this or not, but some books from my library can be checked out electronically through their website. I never checked to see if any of them were books on tape, but I imagine so, as I bet those books are only downloadable files or on a website and streamable now. I read To Kill a Mockingbird when K was assigned it for school. Such a sad book.
T is dropping some books off for me at the golf club this morning so G will bring them home tonight. I think I'll work my way through all of my books & see if there are any I can discard. I can get most books online from the library, but I really like reading physical books.
About how old is Archie now? When my cat got older we put a little pouf that you put your feet on by the bed so she could jump onto something soft and then down to the floor. Anyway, I hope you can sleep this off soon!!
I've been thinking of something like that. I'll start keeping an eye out.
Sleep is such a healer. G slept back in our bed last night & I ended up in the spare bed. He had restless legs & was snoring & snuffling. I sleep so much better when we're in separate beds, but he really doesn't like it.
Oh that Archie growling you back into the shower-- I probably would have sent him out and stayed in bed!
I know. He's a cute, little, bossy boots.

Having such low energy isn't fun at all. Feel better soon, but yeah don't rush it and keep resting lots like the doctor says.
I'll get there, Liza. I feel a little better this morning I think, but will have another quiet day.

Good, I'm really glad you aren't crawling to the shower, and that you'll get books hand-picked by T. I hope by the time you are reading this you have a nice new book started!

Good, I'm really glad you aren't crawling to the shower, and that you'll get books hand-picked by T. I hope by the time you are reading this you have a nice new book started!
You just made me smile. I'm re-reading a novel from my bookcase. I only keep books that I think I will want to read again & from now on I will put the date I read it like my Mum used to do.
It's a beautiful day here. I did manage a small walk with Archie around the paddock, washed the dishes & have been sorting through my hearts, thread etc. Also made a quick call to my sister this morning while I had some energy.
Back to my book again xo

Sounds like a really lovely day Cate. Glad you are continuing to improve! Must be nice to get out for a little walk.

Thanks, everyone. It really is nice to get such lovely messages. :grouphug:
I had the best night's sleep for ages last night. I slept in the same bed as G, but this time he didn't snore or toss & turn or kick his legs around & I must have crashed. I didn't nap during the day or evening either which helps.
It's funny, but it's 8.40 am & I still feel I could go back to sleep. Sleep is the best healer.

Thanks, everyone. It really is nice to get such lovely messages. :grouphug:
I had the best night's sleep for ages last night. I slept in the same bed as G, but this time he didn't snore or toss & turn or kick his legs around & I must have crashed. I didn't nap during the day or evening either which helps.
It's funny, but it's 8.40 am & I still feel I could go back to sleep. Sleep is the best healer.
Wonderful to hear you got such a great night's sleep!

Thanks, Liza. I am still really lacking in energy & have been feeling quite woozy at times. Maybe the antivirals (or Covid itself) are interfering with my blood pressure meds. I have been taking it easy. I hope I feel a bit better tomorrow. I have been craving sugar like you would not believe. I would love some aniseed rings! I haven't had any for years! I'll have some fruit soon & that will just have to do. I rarely eat or want lollies *sigh* Black jellybeans, aniseed rings, jelly snakes..........

Aren't cravings weird like that? It's like our body/brain needs something (be it phsysical or mental) and just takes a wrong turn on the way there so you end up with a weird-ass desire for a specific sweet.

I wonder if feeling woozy and having sugar cravings might be related? I just read this article on potential causes of sugar cravings, and it seems so complex https://www.verywellmind.com/why-do-i-crave-carbs-1065212 . I remember reading to try eating some protein before reaching for sweets and see if that satisfies the urge. I've had good luck trying that if I remember to do it. Anyway, glad you got good sleep, and I hope the temptation subsides soon!!

You're probably really lacking in energy - maybe the sugar would give you a boost! And yes, I only have the two mandated Covid shots. I never got the boosters.

Thanks, Liza. I am still really lacking in energy & have been feeling quite woozy at times. Maybe the antivirals (or Covid itself) are interfering with my blood pressure meds. I have been taking it easy. I hope I feel a bit better tomorrow. I have been craving sugar like you would not believe. I would love some aniseed rings! I haven't had any for years! I'll have some fruit soon & that will just have to do. I rarely eat or want lollies *sigh* Black jellybeans, aniseed rings, jelly snakes..........
Interesting cravings...but yeah maybe just looking for a quick energy boost. I know with me if I'm not feeling well, I eat whatever feels right. Do you take your blood pressure at home?

Thanks, Llama, Marsia, Em & Liza.
I do have a blood pressure kit at home & it has been low. It has been fluctuating quite a bit & I know that I have had to really take it easy. I feel a whole lot better today, but still have sugar cravings & that is weird for me. It's either having the virus or the meds or both.
Tomorrow we are going into town to do the final shop for the golf tournament next week & I will get some more fruit, especially berries. We don't have any at the moment. I will mask up etc & won't overdo it.
Last night I went down to our bar & found a bottle of Kahlua & had a glass of that & that satisfied my sweet craving. Then when I felt like more I had some fresh pineapple and an orange.
I just got a call from R who was thinking of coming up for a night to surprise G for his birthday. It sounds like he has covid too so he's just going to rest for a few days.
It's G's birthday today & we are staying at home as it's only day 6 for me. It was going to be the family lunch here today so he was going to be cooking anyway. He's going to make a prawn risotto.

Happy birthday to G!!!

Back