BA ...Bingers Anonymous

Welcome to the club Ayashino!! If you have a problem with binging, this is definitely the group for you. The people are so supportive and helpful ... it can really help you through any cravings you might get.

Bronsk, I am going to HAVE to go to Waitrose soon and try those goat's baby bells!!! Plus I need to pick up some more Rice Bran (yeah :rolleyes: ) from there anyway, so it will make the trip a bit more worthwhile. And that is great that you were able to put off eating the cheese until a more appropriate time. That is the key I think. You don't have to swear off anything, just have reasonable amounts at the right times.

PS - I do hope you don't stroke and talk to DVDs when your in a shop!?! People might think you are a bit loopy :D (that's right, its a cheesy grin)

Last edited:
rofl..

My employer got this cheese to die for.. balder something. its white.. but really strong flavor. *dies*

might have a slice for lunch :D

I m a little annoyed.. I froze some watermelon.. and the fridge I use over-freezes.. annoys me. crystalizes everything.

Okay I'm back, no idea what i missed, wayyy too many posts to catch up!

I hope everyone is doing well considering the holiday! I binge after being around the family - ugh. I brought a long beef jerky to help tame my binges or at the least tire my jaws so much that I don't feel like reaching for anything else lol.

FYI - I read this article this weekend about eating non-fat and about greens. Apparently, fats help your body digest and maintain the good stuff in many veggies such as spinach leafs. So if you are having a big old green salad but avoiding fat in it - you might think again about adding a bit of fat such as cheese, cottage cheese or a bit of dressing - so that your body actually gets the benefits from the greens.

Very interesting about the fat in the vegetables, Epi. I can't get behind the low fat cheese either. I haven't found one yet I like. I would rather just have a bit than have the other. I did a bit of inappropriate eating last night. I discussed it in my diary. Nothing too out of control, but I wished I would have talked myself out of it. I quit smoking for god sake! When I wanted to smoke I would just tell myself that the feeling of wanting that cigarette would pass and it always did. I should have done that with the snacking after dinner last night. Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Welcome, Ayashino. What drain are you in?

Last edited:
maleficent said:
watermelon slushies... :) just blend it up :D

Unhuh! Sounds yummy with a bit of yogurt (low carb, low fat, low cal whatever is in your diet plan) and freeze it a bit ... mmmm

low fat/low cal/low sugar.. just plain lowwww... lol

had a little bit of ice cream tonight. however.. I was only at 800 cal when I had it so I don't feel bad about it.. didn't go over 1k cal even with it.

Epi said:
Unhuh! Sounds yummy with a bit of yogurt (low carb, low fat, low cal whatever is in your diet plan) and freeze it a bit ... mmmm

Or a bit of Bacardi ;)

Epi, that is really interesting about the fat and eating greens ... i will have to keep that in mind.

Mm, watermelon slushies sounds like a plan!! If a trip to Waitrose is approaching, then I'm going to have to get my hand on some watermelon!

Maybe mix in strawberries and a touch of apple juice :p

Epi, that is interesting about the vegi-tonks and the cheese. My dad's dieting as well, and always has cheese in his salad. So long as the cheese is in moderation, then it's OK. Same with everything.

Mrs B, if I'm on my own, I don't stroke DVDs because then I look crazy. I do it if my friends are around though! Just so they remember I'm with them :D

I'm sorry you had a bad night Pineola. It's been mentioned before, losing weight isn't like giving up smoking; we still need to eat food *hugs* Hope you've had a better day today/have a better day tomorrow, depending on timezone...

Bronsk

I never thought about the fats and them aiding your body to get the good out of other foods. I am trying to remember which magazine I got the article from, I want to say it was Fitness Magazine.

Hi all!! I have had some naughty food and drinks today, and because I ate more when I was already feeling full, I have to class it as a binge. So its back to zeros for my signature, but I expected that to be honest. So its back on the wagon tomorrow, next weekend I will be going to my parents for a BBQ and I may have some sugar, but I will try not to binge, then after that I should hopefully be able to cut out the sugar and the binging all together. Keep 'em crossed for me ;)

Well, you did have it planned, so it wasn't like it was a binge from out of the blue. At least now again you have a fresh, new challange to start the week with, along with the group challange if you're doing that.

*hugs* babe.

Bronsk

Cheers Bronsk, and I am going for 6 days this week, which means Sunday straight through until Friday, then just the one day (sat) then back to no sugar/no binge after that for, hopefully, the long haul.

You will have to find something to threaten me with, to make sure that when I am making dessert on Friday for the BBQ on Saturday (my family is mad on BBQs) I don't sample. It really worked last time!!

Big ((((hugs)))) for keeping me on the straight and narrow!!!! :cool:

You see my avi? *That's* Evil Erik the Phantom of the Opera teddy bear. He does know how to weild knives; if I could post up the animation we did, I would just to prove how dangerous he is. I think he's threat enough :cool:

Personally, I think it's quite good that the no binge and no sugar challenges are being broken up. It means that you can work your way up to new and longer challenges each time. First it's 5 days, now it's 6. Next time, who knows? A week, maybe more? You've done so well this last week or so, I know you'll do fab this week :)

And of course, Erik and I will be watching you. Especially Erik :p *big hugs* hun, any time you need a paw wagging, just giz a call :D

Bronsk

Well that's a coincidence, because I could do what I've been doing without you either :) And no worries, I'll always keep you on track, Evil Erik or not :D

Bronsk

Thanks guys, for all your encouragement. I will be doing my best next weekend, and I will keep you all in mind. It really helps me stay motivated to know that I will post here exactly what I have done, and that you are all rooting for me to succeed!! :)

Back