Matt's Diary

Today's Weight: 184.4

Breakfast: 4 packets of Yogurt, 4 Doughnuts, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Large Chicken Nugget meal (12 Nuggets, large Fries, and 1 Large Dr. Pepper) all from Chic-Fil-A.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Soup.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 3 Old Fashioned's, 2 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3500

Exercise: 3 Hours Walking.

I screwed up and had some junk food when I shouldn't have. Especially considering the fact my weight went up. I wanted to walk more but it's gotten so cold again I could do any walking without freezing. What's worse is it's supposed to snow again. I'm REALLY getting sick of this weather.

Today's Weight: 185.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 1 Large Coffee.

Snack: 10 Cookies, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Lunch/Dinner: 6 Slices of Pizza, 6 Pieces of Garlic Bread, 1 Salad w/Ranch Dressing. 2 Dessert Pizzas all from CiCi's pizza.

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Miscellaneous: 1 large Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 3570

Exercise: 3.25 Hours Walking.

I screwed up again I'll have to be vigilant during the week. I was going to go to a meetup but I cancelled it.

Amazing results over your first year and impressive consistency on the maintenance. It seems you have found a formula that works for you and you've gotten my respect. Do you feel very differently about yourself since accomplishing the goal and maintaining it?

Today's Weight: 186.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Lentil Quinoa w/Chicken Broth Bowl, 1 French Baguette all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken).

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2230

Exercise: 3.33 Hours Walking.

Amazing results over your first year and impressive consistency on the maintenance. It seems you have found a formula that works for you and you've gotten my respect. Do you feel very differently about yourself since accomplishing the goal and maintaining it?

Thanks. I feel a lot better then I used to!

Do you have pictures of before and after? I would really like to see it.
Also, I know it varies on the person but.... how long did it took for you to see results in the mirror (not talking about scale) after starting your daily workout?
It's been a week and a half to me and I start to feel a bit different in my clothes... but I don't know if its just my impression.

Today's Weight: 186.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Soba Noodle w/Chicken Broth Bowl, 1/2 Ham Sandwich, 1 Apple all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (BBQ Seasoned Steak w/Potatoes).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2200

Exercise: 4 Hours Walking.

I wish the weight would go down more. I waked more today since my fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and I had to leave my apt building for a while. I had to pick Misty up and carry her b/c she didn't want to go (she was scared of the fire engines). Of course one out she didn't want to go back in so I walked her until the fire trucks left. It turned out my downstairs neighbors water heater caught fire!

Do you have pictures of before and after? I would really like to see it.
Also, I know it varies on the person but.... how long did it took for you to see results in the mirror (not talking about scale) after starting your daily workout?
It's been a week and a half to me and I start to feel a bit different in my clothes... but I don't know if its just my impression.

Yeah I do have one that I can share. Its not that great though. The before pic is kind of old. I wish I took pictures while I was losing weight. I think I first noticed results around January of 2016 ( about 5 months in), when I noticed my face was getting thinner and I was able to fit into clothes that were too small.

I don't take pictures of me since ages. I avoid pictures as I really dislike what I see. This feeling isn't only by my weight gain but adds to it.
I am taking pictures every week at the same week day but I am not looking at them. I ask my boyfriend to take pictures of me (whole body) and I don't want to look at them because it makes me feel very anxious, sad... I prefer to wait before check them out.

I don't know if this happens to you (I think it might) but its like I am in a constant fight with 2 "conscience" me's in my head. One, the fatty girl, is always like "oh, you can grab some fries, you workout a lot so... it will not be that bad. take some fries!". And the other me in my head is like "you ate a banana... what a waste of workout. just give up, you are wasting your time. Next time don't even think about eating a banana. Now you have to skip your dinner. You will not skip dinner? That fits you well, you fatso. Eat, dig in fat.".
So... Its like I can't even trust in me properly. Anytime I have a feeling about workout, food or anything I am always thinking twice to see where it comes from and if I need to fight it or not. This is the hardest for me.

Today's Weight: 186.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Soup, 1 Bag of Chips, 1 Ham and Swiss sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan).

Miscellaneous: 2 Cups of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2610

Exercise: 3 Hours Walking.

Today was kind of a crap day. It snowed and I was bored. To top it off I had a nasty headache.

I don't take pictures of me since ages. I avoid pictures as I really dislike what I see. This feeling isn't only by my weight gain but adds to it.
I am taking pictures every week at the same week day but I am not looking at them. I ask my boyfriend to take pictures of me (whole body) and I don't want to look at them because it makes me feel very anxious, sad... I prefer to wait before check them out.

I don't know if this happens to you (I think it might) but its like I am in a constant fight with 2 "conscience" me's in my head. One, the fatty girl, is always like "oh, you can grab some fries, you workout a lot so... it will not be that bad. take some fries!". And the other me in my head is like "you ate a banana... what a waste of workout. just give up, you are wasting your time. Next time don't even think about eating a banana. Now you have to skip your dinner. You will not skip dinner? That fits you well, you fatso. Eat, dig in fat.".
So... Its like I can't even trust in me properly. Anytime I have a feeling about workout, food or anything I am always thinking twice to see where it comes from and if I need to fight it or not. This is the hardest for me.

Yeah it's a constant battle. It's easier when you develop better habits. That's why I like this forum it keeps you honest. I still have a problem with going crazy on cheat days.

FYI I found some pics I thought I'd share them:

View attachment 25070
This is the most recent "before" pic before I decided to lose weight, it was taken 02/2015.

View attachment 25067

This pic is a few months after I started losing weight I took it about 2 years ago. I was happy b/c the shirt I'm wearing barely fit me before now it fit (of course it's too big now.)

View attachment 25068

This is a few months before I met my goal. I think I was about 200 or so in this pic. It was taken 05/2016.

View attachment 25069

And of course a before and after. The one on the left was taken in 2012 and the one on the right was taken 03/2017.

Today's Weight: 184.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Lentil Quinoa Broth Bowl, 1 French baguette all from Panera Bread.

Snack: a few free Samples.

Dinner: 1 Octopus Sashimi, Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry w/ House Salad, 1 Butter Cake, 2 Earl Grey Old Fasdhioned's all from Kona Grill.

Miscellaneous: 7 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 3610

Exercise: 2.5 Hours Walking.

A much better day than yesterday. The snow was melting and it was much warmer. I went to a meetup and unfortunately ate too much. I think next time I'll avoid alcohol so I don't eat (and spend) as much.

WOW ! Absolutely amazing!
You seem like you gained life! Congratulations and keep going! Also lovely dog :)

Thanks! They aren't arent' they? Actually the dogs aren't mine they were dogs that were up for adoption at this rescue org I volunteer for.

Back