Matt's Diary

Your dog is such a cutie Matt! I love your new profile pic too :)

Year 1, Day 214 (Day 582)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 180.6

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 bowl of Chicken Penne.

Snack: 2 Yogurts, A few Grapes.

Dinner: 2 pieces of grilled Salmon, 1 bowl of Linguine w/Marinara, 1 Dinner Roll.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 Hot Teas, 2 Diet Iced Teas,

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3.4 Hours of Walking.

Year 1, Day 215 (Day 584)

Weight: 179.0

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs

Snack: 4 Yogurts, 1 bag of Popcorn.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of Chicken w/BBQ sauce, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 Dinner Roll.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 3 Hot Teas, 1 Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

I went to the Doctor and it turns out I'm not sick, it's just bad allergies. So I'm taking four different allergy medications :( . Also I don't know if I mentioned this before but sometimes I screw up on the numbering of the days, so sometimes you may see two entries with the same day number and sometimes you'll see one that looks like I skipped a day.

Year 1, Day 216 (Day 585)

Weight: 179.2

Lunch: 1/2 California Club, 1 cup of Organic Vegetable Soup, 1 Bag of Baked Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 2 pieces of Chicken w/BBQ sauce, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1.5 Hot Teas, 1 Diet Sprite.

Estimated Calories: 2680

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Luckily I'm feeling better, I wasn't as stuffed up as I was.

I'm glad you're not as stuffy Matt. Be careful that the medications don't interact with one another. I'm having to use Rhinecort at the moment as my allergies play up in Autumn. There's a lot of burning off happening before Winter sets in & the air is quite smoky. You are only meant to use nasal sprays for a short time & then have a 2-week break. I have been doing that & it's noticeable that I need to start using it again. My nose is SO itchy.
I'm worse in Autumn than I am in Spring. It's crazy really. Glad your symptoms are better :)

Year 1, Day 217 (Day 586)

Weight: 179.0

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of salmon, 1 bowl of Penne w/Meat Sauce.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Hot Teas, 1 can of Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 2710

Exercise: 2.67 Hours of Walking.

I'm glad you're not as stuffy Matt. Be careful that the medications don't interact with one another. I'm having to use Rhinecort at the moment as my allergies play up in Autumn. There's a lot of burning off happening before Winter sets in & the air is quite smoky. You are only meant to use nasal sprays for a short time & then have a 2-week break. I have been doing that & it's noticeable that I need to start using it again. My nose is SO itchy.
I'm worse in Autumn than I am in Spring. It's crazy really. Glad your symptoms are better :)

Thanks! Yeah I was worried but the nurse at the Little Clinic assured me they would not interact. I'm using Flonase and only when needed.

Year 1, Day 218(Day 587)

Weight: 179.4

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Meataballa sub, 1 bag of baked chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: A few crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Hot Tea, 1 can of Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 2680

Exercise: 2.67 hours of walking.

If the format of this entry looks weird it's bc I'm writing it from my phone. I overslept yesterday so I didn't have time to make breakfast, and I could only walk my dog for about 5 minutes (which she hated).

Year 1, Day 219 (Day 588)

Weight: 178.6

Breakfast: 5 Doughnuts, 1 Starbucks Cappucino

Lunch: 1 Bacon Cheeseburger, 1 order of Fries all from Red Robin.

Snack: Various free samples, 1/4 of a beer.

Dinner: 1 Small Gourmet Pepperoni Pizza.

Snack: 4 Cupcakes, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water, 2 cans of Diet Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 6570

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Wow I went crazier than I ever have. I'm going to try my darndest to scale back a little even on cheat days b/c this is ridiculous. Also I haven't ggotten a chance to walk as much b/c it's been raining all week.

I am 174lb now, but two years ago was 145lbs.

One banana, a little bit of soy milk, and a handful or two of frozen fruit(the bag I get is mixture of blackberries, cherries, red currants, black burrtants, and blueberries) in the blender. It makes a thicker smoothie, reminds me of gelato ice cream. I would then put a handful of granola on top. That breakfeast really helped.

I didn't lose a lot of weight until I ran every day until I was soaked in sweat, but healthy eating and smaller portions is a big turning point.

Think about it this way, yes, you are use to eating a lot, but your body can and will eat the fat you already have stored. Try to eat smaller portions to give your body time to burn the fat you have accumulated.

Year 1, Day 220(Day 589)

Weight: 181.8

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w cheese Sandwich.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan).

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2500

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I did a lot better today even though my weight went up. I also did a bit more walking. I can't wait for it to stop raining!

I am 174lb now, but two years ago was 145lbs.

One banana, a little bit of soy milk, and a handful or two of frozen fruit(the bag I get is mixture of blackberries, cherries, red currants, black burrtants, and blueberries) in the blender. It makes a thicker smoothie, reminds me of gelato ice cream. I would then put a handful of granola on top. That breakfeast really helped.

I didn't lose a lot of weight until I ran every day until I was soaked in sweat, but healthy eating and smaller portions is a big turning point.

Think about it this way, yes, you are use to eating a lot, but your body can and will eat the fat you already have stored. Try to eat smaller portions to give your body time to burn the fat you have accumulated.

I'll have to try the smoothie. I have a blender but I haven't used it in YEARS. I'm not sure if it still works lol.

Year 1, Day 221(Day 590)

Weight: 180.2

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Santa Fe Chicken sandwich, 1 side Salad, 1 Bag of Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 4 Yogurts, piece of Ham

Dinner: A few pieces of Ham, 1 side of corn, 1 side of Collard greens.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Hot Tea, 1 cup of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2690

Exercise: 3.33 Hours of Walking.

Year 1, Day 222(Day 591)

Weight: 181.0

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2460

Exercise: 3.67 Hours of Walking.

My weight creeped up a bit (eek) so I ate a little less. I also ate the last of the yogurt so I need to go to the store!

Back