Matt's Diary

Awesome! Love the trees and bkgd trees! I'm sure you've heard of Bob Ross? That's my guy!

Year 1, Day 233 (Day 602)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 180.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts.

Lunch: 1 Chocolate Chip cookie, 1 Hot Dog, 1 20 oz. Dr. pepper, all from Wawa.

Snack: 1 Cheese Danish, 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream.

Dinner: 3 slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 1 Slice of Spinach Pizza, 2 Slices of BBQ pizza, 6 Garlic Knots, 3 slices of Dessert pizza , 1 Dr. Pepper, all from Cici's pizza.

Snack: 1 Banana, 1 pack of Zingers, 1 bottle of Gatorade.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 4600.

Exercise: 4 Hours of Walking.

As you can guess today was a cheat day which I shouldn't have done mainly b/c my stomach was bothering me and the LAST thing I needed was greasy food.

Year 1, Day 234 (Day 603)

Weight: 181.4

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 1 Banana, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 Hot Teas.

Lunch: 1.5 Pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Green Beans, 1 side of Applesauce, 1 Dinner Roll all from Golden Corral.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Stouffer's Fit Kitchen TV Dinner (Oven Roasted Chicken)

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450.

Exercise: 3.33 Hours of Walking.

Of course my weight went up. Because my stomach was still acting up I tried to stick to a relatively bland diet today

Lately it seems we are living at the vet. I had to take my dog in because she was trouble getting up and walking around. I was worried it was a stroke, but it looks like its Vestibular Syndrome, which according to the vet isn't as serious. Only thing is we won't be doing as much walking.

Hi Matt! I just read through the majority of your diary and I am so impressed!! Your weight loss is amazing, but what's even better is that you've stayed in maintenance for like 8 months. Congrats on that!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Is this diagnosis long term or something that she can bounce back from? I hope she'll be okay. Will you continue your long walks without her?

Anyway, well done on all of your achievements :)

Year 1, Day 235 (Day 604)

Weight: 181.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ranchero Wrap, 1 Bag of Potato Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 1 Apple, A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts, 1 Cookie.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Miscellaneous: 3.5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2510

Exercise: 1 Hour of Walking.

Like I said earlier my dog is sick with Vestibular Syndrome so I couldn't take her on long walks. I tried to do some walking by myself and I did an hour of power walking.

Hi Matt! I just read through the majority of your diary and I am so impressed!! Your weight loss is amazing, but what's even better is that you've stayed in maintenance for like 8 months. Congrats on that!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Is this diagnosis long term or something that she can bounce back from? I hope she'll be okay. Will you continue your long walks without her?

Anyway, well done on all of your achievements :)

Thanks! She should be fine and she seems to be getting better already!

Year 1, Day 236 (Day 605)

Weight: 180.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Chicken and Cheese sandwich.

Dinner: 1 piece of Norwegian Salmon, 1 side of Asparagus, 1 side of Mashed potatoes.

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1.5 glasses of Wine, 1 Manhattan.

Estimated Calories: 2410

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

My weight went down it looks like the power walking is working. My dog is doing much better, but she will be on light exercise for the next two weeks so she won't be going on long walks which she hates. I went to a wine tasting meetup so I had dinner at the place that was hosting the tasting. The food was good just expensive! I wasn't impressed with the wine lol.

Year 1, Day 237 (Day 606)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Banana, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Chicken and Cheese sandwich.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of Blackened Chicken, 1 bowl of Penne w/Meat Sauce.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

It looks like the power walking is working. Unfortunately my dog is probably going to be miserable for the next 2 weeks and I look forward to her waking me up in the middle of the night.

Year 1, Day 238 (Day 607)

Weight: 179.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2540

Year 1, Day 239 (Day 608)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bag of Potato Chips, 1 Ranchero Wrap all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, Various Free Samples.

Dinner: 2 pieces of Grilled Salmon, 1 side of Collard Greens, 1 Banana.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Hot Tea, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Year 1, Day 240 (Day 609)

Weight: 178.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 4 Doughnuts.

Lunch: 1 Bag of Potato Chips, 1 Spicy Bite Hot Dog, 1 32 oz. Big Gulp all from 7-11.

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Smoke and Pepper Burger, 1 side of French Fries, 2 Dr. Peppers all from Red Robin.

Snack: 1 Slice of Cake.

Miscellaneous:1 Diet Iced Tea, 1 Can of Pepsi, .5 Sprite Zero.

Estimated Calories: 5270

Exercise: 2.75 Hours of Walking.

As you can guess today was a cheat day. Since I was off and it was a beautiful day I did more walking than usual.

Last edited:
Very nice pictures!

Back