Matt's Diary

Ouch! I think it has all gone to the Bahamas.Brrrr!!!!

They must have! That's the one bad thing about being skinny is I get cold waaay too easily! I used to be able to go out in a T-shirt in 50 degree weather, now I have to wear a jacket!

Your body does adjust a little, but it may take a year or so.

Year 1, Day 152 (Day 521)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 176.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 Apple, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w/Cheese Sandwich

Snack: 1 Yogurt, 1 Chocolate Chip cookie.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Snack: 1 Yogurts; a few Grapes.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2750

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Kind of a crap day, I did well keeping the calories in check though I could have avoided that cookie! My dog got attacked by my neighbors Jack Russell during our walk. Luckily she seems fine; none of the bites broke the skin I didn't see any bleeding and she didn't seem to be in pain. I, on the hand hurt my back trying to get the dog away.

I'm sorry about your dog being attacked Matt. That's awful! Jack Russells seem to want to fight almost every dog they see. We had one once but he kept attacking our Blue Heeler & hung off his tail all the time, breaking it. He was very jealous. We gave him away.

Year 1, Day 153 (Day 522)

Weight: 175.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Steak and White Cheddar Panini, 1/2 BBQ salad w/Chicken, 1 Apple all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 piece of Grilled Chicken w/Rice Pilaf, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes.

Snack: 3 Yogurts; a few Grapes.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Hot Tea, 1 glass of Diet Orange Juice.

Estimated Calories: 2840

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

A bit of a better day. My back is feeling better though I have to take my dog to the vet b/c her side seems to be hurting.

I'm sorry about your dog being attacked Matt. That's awful! Jack Russells seem to want to fight almost every dog they see. We had one once but he kept attacking our Blue Heeler & hung off his tail all the time, breaking it. He was very jealous. We gave him away.

Thanks. I'm sorry you had to give away your Jack Russell. My aunt had one and he was real sweet.

Year 1, Day 154 (Day 523)

Weight: 176.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 2 Apples, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w/Cheese Sandwich

Snack: 1 Banana, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 glass of Diet Orange Juice.

Estimated Calories: 2760

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Year 1, Day 155 (Day 524)

Weight: 176.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 Apple, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w/Cheese Sandwich

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 glass of Diet Orange Juice.

Estimated Calories: 2840

Exercise: 3.67 Hours of Walking.

My dog is doing better, I took her to the vet and they gave her some pain killers. I was able to resist temptation by going to a McDonald's and just getting as plain hamburger. (The hamburger was a treat for my dog).

Just found this site today. I didn't read your entire journey but I see your starting weight and where you are now. Very impressive.

So I don't have to spend 9 hours reading this thread can I ask a few questions.

1. Did you hit a plateau, and at how much loss where you when you did? How did you over come it?

2. If you had to turn back time and redo this, what would you do differently? Obviously you have done great but maybe there is something that you feel that could have helped earlier?

Thanks and good luck meeting your next goal.

Year 1, Day 156 (Day 525)

Weight: 177.0

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 Waffles w/Syrup, 3 Doughnuts.

Snack: 2 Pints of Halo Top Ice Cream, 1 Piece of Chocolate Cake, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, Various free samples.

Lunch/Dinner: 3 slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 1 slice of Kansas City BBQ Pizza, 4 pieces of Garlic Bread, 2 cups of Sprite all from Cici's Pizza.;

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream.

Miscellaneous: 2 glasses of Diet Orange Juice, 1 can of Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 5050

Exercise: 4.4 Hours of Walking.

Obviously today was a cheat day so I went nuts, mainly on the Halo Top ice cream. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm getting sick of Cici's lol.

Just found this site today. I didn't read your entire journey but I see your starting weight and where you are now. Very impressive.

So I don't have to spend 9 hours reading this thread can I ask a few questions.

1. Did you hit a plateau, and at how much loss where you when you did? How did you over come it?

2. If you had to turn back time and redo this, what would you do differently? Obviously you have done great but maybe there is something that you feel that could have helped earlier?

Thanks and good luck meeting your next goal.

Hi thanks for the kind words.

1. I didn't really hit as plateau this time around. There were times were it seemed I was stuck at a certain weight, but that didn't last longer than a week. I tried going on a diet about ten years ago and actually did hit a plateau which was one of the reasons I abandoned it. As tough as it is when you hit a plateau you just have to keep at it and not be discouraged. Also maybe think about if you did anything to hit a plateau.

2. Well the only thing and a big thing I would have done differently is I wouldn't have consumed too LITTLE calories, I think that was a reason I became anemic. I recommend doing a search and finding a calorie counter to determine the right amount of calories you should be consuming for weight loss. And of course check with your Doctor. Good Luck!

Year 1, Day 157 (Day 526)

Weight: 179.0

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 2 Apples, 1 cup of Salad, 1 Ham/Pepperoni/Salami w/Cheese Sandwich

Snack: A few Crackers, 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, 1 Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Meatloaf)

Snack: 1 Kodiak Cakes Flapjack on the go, 1 Yogurt.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 glass of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2850

Exercise: 3.6 Hours of Walking.

I ate the last of the Halo Top I'm going to try to stay away from it for a while. I got something called Kodiak Cakes Flapjack on the go at Target, I decided to try it today, it was okay nothing to write home about.

Hi Matt,

I read your whole journey from start to finish and let me say you are an inspiration well done you for all your hard work in you weight loss journey. I decided to start my own diary and hope for it to be as successful and motivational for others as yours was for me.

Keep up the good work!

Morgane

Year 1, Day 158(Day 527)

Weight: 178.2

Lunch: 1/2 Angus Beef Club, 1 cup of Fire Roasted Vegetable soup, 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of BBQ Chicken, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Spinach.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 3150

Exercise: 3.6 Hours of Walking.

I ate a little more than I would have liked, mainly b/c I ate too much mashed potatoes.

Hi Matt,

I read your whole journey from start to finish and let me say you are an inspiration well done you for all your hard work in you weight loss journey. I decided to start my own diary and hope for it to be as successful and motivational for others as yours was for me.

Keep up the good work!

Morgane

Thank you! Good luck on your journey!

Back