Matt's Diary

I'm sorry about your Mum Matt. My sister & brother-in-law died in 2005 too. I will always miss them. Your Dad might be able to spare you some baking stuff if you ask him. I think you would need Baking paper. It's not expensive & it saves you some washing up, plus you need less oil.

Year 1, Day 50 (Day 418)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 177.6

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Chicken Teriyaki), 2 pieces of Toast.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2610

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

I was feeling lazy so I had the TV Dinner, also probably shouldn't have had the extra toast also.

I grew up baking and cooking but I have found that Youtube is an amazing resource! There is a video for EVERYTHING. I've learned to knit, play the guitar and sew using videos. If you want to do it, you can. Also, I watch a lot of Food Network. I rarely actually cook anything from there but they describe spices and dishes in a way that I think "i'd like to use that spice in...(whatever I made last week that I'll make again).

You'll get it!

Also, your dog is awesome!

Yeah I use YouTube a lot also. I check out if they have a "how to use the oven video."

I'm sorry about your Mum Matt. My sister & brother-in-law died in 2005 too. I will always miss them. Your Dad might be able to spare you some baking stuff if you ask him. I think you would need Baking paper. It's not expensive & it saves you some washing up, plus you need less oil.

Thanks, sorry about your sister and brother-in-law. I'll ask him next time I see him. I actually have baking paper that use to wrap my sandwiches in.

Year 1, Day 51 (Day 419)

Weight: 177.4

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef/Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 fillet of Silver Corvina, 1 side of mini-Roast Potatoes, 1 side of Spinach.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled waters, 3 12 oz. Alagash white ales.

Estimated Calories: 3050

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

Wow. I can't believe my calorie intake was so high.

Year 1, Day 52 (Day 420)

Weight: 177.0

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 4 pieces of Toast.

Lunch/Snack: 2 Cupcakes, 6 Vanilla Creme cookies, 2 Chocolate Chip cookies, 1 Snickers Bar, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Dinner: 2 slices of Supreme Pizza, 2.5 slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 1 slice of Buffalo Chicken Pizza, 1 slice of Chicken BBQ Ranch pizza, 8 pices of Garlic bread, 2 slices of Bavarian Cream Dessert Pizza, 2 Cinnamon Rolls, 1 cup of Dr. Pepper.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 4500

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Today was a cheat day and I went nuts lol. I figured it was ok since my weight went down a little more than I would have liked.

How did you feel after all of that Matt? I know I felt a little sick reading it. Being at your ideal weight in itself will not have you healthy if you eat like this. I so wish you would eat healthier..........sorry..... that's the Mum in me :blush5: xoxo

Year 1, Day 53 (Day 421)

Weight: 179.6

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef/Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 fillet of Salmon, 1 side of mini-Roast Potatoes, 1 side of Spinach, 1 piece of Garlic Toast.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2560

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

My weight jumped up not surprisingly b/c of yesterday. I could have done without the garlic bread and extra yogurt.

How did you feel after all of that Matt? I know I felt a little sick reading it. Being at your ideal weight in itself will not have you healthy if you eat like this. I so wish you would eat healthier..........sorry..... that's the Mum in me :blush5: xoxo

Yeah, I can definitely do without the pizza but at least its only on cheat days and not every day. FYI don't be sorry, it's good you are willing to call me out at times. :)

Last edited:
Year 1, Day 54 (Day 422)

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Twix fun size bar.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken).

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

Well today was a horrible day...for America. I can't believe Trump won. It's truly frightening to think what's going to happen now we have a fascist in the White House. :(:flame::banghead:

Year 1, Day 54 (Day 422) Addendum

Weight: 180.4

I forgot to change my weight it was 180.4 not 179.6 as I previously said.

Year 1, Day 55 (Day 423)

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 Bananas, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Snickers fun size bar.

Lunch: Pulled Pork BBQ, 1 piece of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Broccoli, 6 pieces of Bacon, 1 Piece of Corn Bread all from Golden Corral.

Snack: 2 Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Beef and Roasted Potatoes).

Estimated Calories: 2750

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

I'm still pissed at the election and I'll admit I did some "rage eating", while it wasn't as bad as some of my cheat days I did make some poor choices.

Today is another day Matt. Enough of the rage eating. You're stuck with him for now. You can be in control of your own life, but not the nation's. Be healthy Matt xo

Year 1, Day 56 (Day 424)

Weight: 180.6

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Estimated Calories: 2570

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

Today is another day Matt. Enough of the rage eating. You're stuck with him for now. You can be in control of your own life, but not the nation's. Be healthy Matt xo

That was a one time thing don't worry lol. I'm still pissed off, but eating a bunch of crap isn't going to help any.

As Barack Obama said in his speech, after the election results were announced-
"We all go forward with a presumption of good faith in our fellow citizens, because that presumption of good faith is essential to a vibrant and functioning democracy."
We must hope.
I didn't think you would undo all your good work Matt :)

Year 1, Day 57 (Day 425)

Weight: 178.4

Dinner: 1 Fillet of Salmon, 1 side of Spinach.

Estimated Calories: 2630

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

As Barack Obama said in his speech, after the election results were announced-
"We all go forward with a presumption of good faith in our fellow citizens, because that presumption of good faith is essential to a vibrant and functioning democracy."
We must hope.
I didn't think you would undo all your good work Matt :)

Good point, Yeah I've invested too much to throw all my hard work down the drain.

Year 1, Day 58 (Day 426)

Weight: 179.0

Breakfast: 1 large Yogurt, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 2 Yogurts, 1 Roast Beef/Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Estimated Calories: 2420

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Back