Matt's Diary

Year 1, Day 44 (Day 412)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 180.2

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 3 Coffees.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/ Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 1 Orange.

Dinner: 2 pieces of Rainbow Trout, 1 side of roasted Mini-Potatoes, 1 Salad, 1 Apple.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters, 2 bottles of Bud Light, 1 Rum and Diet Coke.

Estimated Calories: 2660

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

My weight jumped up I guess I shouldn't have ate that Popcorn (Especially since it wasn't that great, it was kind of burnt so I guess you can call it poopcorn!).

Last edited:
What on earth is a Devil's Backbone lager? Sounds very Halloweeny! When you say 4 hours of walking is that after work in one go? Or just like throughout the day? Popcorn is a lovely treat - I can never put back half a bag and end up eating the whole lot. Salt & vinegar popcorn is my favourite!

Devils Backbone is a local beer company. A lot of local beer companies have sprouted up around here in the last few years or so. As for the walking I'll either do 2 hours in the morning and 2 at night or lately I've been doing 1 hour in the morning, 1 in the afternoon and 2 hours at night. Yeah same here that's why I've been avoiding popcorn, I've never had salt and vinegar popcorn before!

Year 1, Day 45 (Day 413)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 4 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 1 Orange.

Snack: 3 Chocolate Chip Cookies, Various Free Samples

Lunch: 1 Angus Roast Beef Club Sandwich and 1 side of Steamed Vegetables all from McAllister's Deli.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Chicken Teriyaki).

Miscellaneous: 2 Cups of Diet Ginger Ale, 2 Cups of Diet Iced Tea, 1 Diet Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 2500

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking.

I might as well called today a cheat day since I ate some things I shouldn't have. I need to stay away from the Free Samples lol. The club sandwich wasn't the best choice at least I have the steamed veggies.

Year 1, Day 46 (Day 414)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 1 Large Yogurt (32 oz.), 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/ Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 2 Pan-seared Chicken quarters, 1 side of mini- Roasted Potatoes, 1 side of Spinach.

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled waters, 1 cup of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2540

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

I'm not sure if I didn't cook it right or something was wrong with the chicken but it bled as I was cooking it and continued to bleed. I went online to see if it was still ok to eat and got differing opinions and I ate it anyway. Unfortunately also there wasn't much meat it seemed luckily it wasn't that expensive but I probably am not going to buy it again. I just hope I don't get E-Coli lol.

I would always slow-cook chicken with bone in the oven, Matt, with a little oil, salt & pepper. Use some baking paper on the tray, to stop it sticking & then you only need a small amount of oil. Cook for about 3/4 of an hour on 180 degrees C (350F).

Year 1, Day 47 (Day 415)

Weight: 178.4

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Mini York Peppermint Patty, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken)

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled waters, 1 cup of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2610

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

Today was kind of a crappy day and I had to get my oil changed so I didn't get home until late. I skipped weight training unfortunately.

I would always slow-cook chicken with bone in the oven, Matt, with a little oil, salt & pepper. Use some baking paper on the tray, to stop it sticking & then you only need a small amount of oil. Cook for about 3/4 of an hour on 180 degrees C (350F).

I'm still new at cooking, so I don't think I'm ready to use the oven yet! (I don't think I even know how it works! lol). I don't think I'm going to buy chicken again with the bone in it.

Just turn it on Matt & see if you can work it out, without actually cooking anything. It could be yet another accomplishment for you if you started cooking things in it. It opens up lots of possibilities.

Year 1, Day 4 (Day 416)

Weight: 178.2

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 7 oz. Sirloin Steak, 12 pieces of shrimp, 1 side of Mini-Roast Potatoes, 1 small salad.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2620

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

A better day, though not for my dog who got scratched by one of the neighborhood cats. Luckily it was a minor cut. I forgot to mention I got a new type of dressing: Pumpkin Harvest Vinaigrette perfect for the fall. I may have to start getting cheaper dinner items, its getting expensive.

Just turn it on Matt & see if you can work it out, without actually cooking anything. It could be yet another accomplishment for you if you started cooking things in it. It opens up lots of possibilities.

Ok, I should mention also I don't have any trays or pans to bake in.

Ahh I hope your pet is okay!

Sorry if this sounds rude but if you don't cook using an oven...how do you cook? Do you have hobs or anything? I'm confused :/

It's times like this I wish I could just pop into your kitchen & help get you set up for cooking. You would never eat a TV dinner again. Pfft!
Didn't work, did it? Does your mother live anywhere near you Matt. Nearly all mothers have way more cooking things than they need. Garage sales & charity shops often have baking trays. The older trays are better than new nasty coated ones. Baking paper is not expensive & will cover old-looking trays & works well.
Hope your dog is OK Matt!

Ahh I hope your pet is okay!

Sorry if this sounds rude but if you don't cook using an oven...how do you cook? Do you have hobs or anything? I'm confused :/

She's fine now. She licked off the blood and didn't give it a second thought! I cook on my stove, using a frying pan.

Year 1, Day 49 (Day 417)

Weight: 177.2

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Yogurt, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 7 oz. Sirloin Steak, 1 side of Mini-Roast Potatoes, 2 pieces of Toast.

Snack: 1 Orange.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

Just to let everyone know, my dog is doing fine. The scratched bled a little but she was fine after that. I just have to make sure to avoid that cat (Who I've named Nasty Cat) and her kitten.

It's times like this I wish I could just pop into your kitchen & help get you set up for cooking. You would never eat a TV dinner again. Pfft!
Didn't work, did it? Does your mother live anywhere near you Matt. Nearly all mothers have way more cooking things than they need. Garage sales & charity shops often have baking trays. The older trays are better than new nasty coated ones. Baking paper is not expensive & will cover old-looking trays & works well.
Hope your dog is OK Matt!

I wish you could to it would make it easier! Sadly my mother passed away in 2005. My dad does live near me and I believe still has baking stuff. I have wax paper that I wrap my sandwiches in.

I grew up baking and cooking but I have found that Youtube is an amazing resource! There is a video for EVERYTHING. I've learned to knit, play the guitar and sew using videos. If you want to do it, you can. Also, I watch a lot of Food Network. I rarely actually cook anything from there but they describe spices and dishes in a way that I think "i'd like to use that spice in...(whatever I made last week that I'll make again).

You'll get it!

Also, your dog is awesome!

Back