Matt's Diary

Year 1, Day 29 (Day 397)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 180.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal,2 Poached Eggs, 1 piece of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Chicken and Cheese Wrap.

Snack: Various free samples.

Dinner: 2 Pieces of Salmon, 1 side of Mini-Roasted Potatoes, 1 Yogurt.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2520

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

That's funny. No matter how many times I take my little 11lb dog walking, he goes for about a half an hour and then he starts lagging behind. I've never pushed him to see how long he'd go though. I just have to drop him back off at the house and go back out if I want to keep walking.

Yeah I every dog I've had would just go out, do their business and go back in. I've never seen a dog like Misty before, who ALWAYS wants to walk and walk for hours. Not that I'm complaining.

Year 1, Day 30 (Day 398)

Weight: 180.4

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 1 Banana, 2 Poached Eggs, 1 piece of Sour dough Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 Orange, 1 bag of Cashews, 1 Roast Beef sandwich/Cheese on Sourdough.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Beef Teriyaki).

Snack: A few grapes.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2520

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

I went grocery shopping, and decided to try a different type of bread and got a loaf of Sourdough bread. It was actually really good, though my sandwich was a bit bland (I should have added a dab of horseradish sauce)

Year 1, Day 31 (Day 399)

Weight: 180.2

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 piece of Sourdough Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal.

Lunch: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Beef Teriyaki), 1 Apple.

Snack: 3 Chocolate Chip Cookies, 1 Snickers Mini.

Dinner: 1 Red Snapper Filet, 1 side of White Rice, 1 Side of Spinach, 1 small Salad.

Miscellaneous: 6 cups of Diet Iced Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

Year 1, Day 32 (Day 400)

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 piece of Sourdough Toast, 1 Banana, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 Coffees

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 bag of Cashew/Dried Cherry mix, 1 Roast Beef sandwich/Cheese on Sourdough.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Meatloaf)

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking, 5 minutes of various exercises (Push-ups/Sit-ups/Lunges/Squats)

I ate a little more than I wanted, I think I might have to trim the calories. I'm thinking of experimenting with different types of exercise I trying to find some that will tone the body. BTW I can't believe it has been exactly 400 days!

Great job on the 400 days. You have come a long way. Are you finding it hard to add a little bit to your daily intake? I am still basically eating the same things as when I was dieting. Although I do add an occasional treat or something- I am probably not eating enough considering the exercise I am doing. It is hard to eat more when that is not what you are used to doing.

Year 1, Day 33 (Day 401)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 piece of Sourdough Toast, 3 Coffees

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1, bag of Grapes, 1 bag of Cashew/Dried Cherry mix, 1/2 Roast Beef sandwich/Cheese wrap.

Dinner: 1 Chicken quarter w/spaghetti noodles and pasta sauce, 1 side of Spinach

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Estimated Calories: 2540

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 15 minutes of Weight training.

Today my stomach was bothering me, I think it's a side effect to the Ferralet I'm taking. I tried to do my weight training but since my stomach was bothering me I only did 15 minutes.

Great job on the 400 days. You have come a long way. Are you finding it hard to add a little bit to your daily intake? I am still basically eating the same things as when I was dieting. Although I do add an occasional treat or something- I am probably not eating enough considering the exercise I am doing. It is hard to eat more when that is not what you are used to doing.

Kind of. I try to add something to each meal which helps, also since I'm cooking more, that adds calories also. I'm basically eating the same things also, but I'm experimenting more, which I may have to stop since I'm poor and it's getting expensive lol.

Year 1, Day 34 (Day 402)

Weight: 181.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 piece of Sourdough Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 2 Coffees

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 Orange, 1 bag of Dried Cherries, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Roast Beef and Chicken w/Cheese sandwich on Sourdough.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Beef and Broccoli)

Estimated Calories: 2330

Exercise: 2.75 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

My weight went up again which is worrying. I decided to cut calories a bit in hopes it goes down.

Cut the bread down Matt a little, especially at breakfast time & see if that's it. Don't be worried. You have this under control :)

Year 1, Day 35 (Day 403)

Weight: 181.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 Coffees

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Chicken w/Cheese sandwich on wheat.

Dinner: 1 Fillet of Mahi-Mahi over Spaghetti noodles w/Pasta sauce, 1 side of Mixed Greens.

Miscellaneous: 7 Bottled Waters

Estimated Calories: 1860

Exercise: 3.67 hours of walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

My weight went up again so I'm in damage control mode. I cut calories even more and made sure to exercise no matter what.

Cut the bread down Matt a little, especially at breakfast time & see if that's it. Don't be worried. You have this under control :)

Thanks. I cut the bread in the morning, though I probably should have skipped the spaghetti noodles also.

Have you tried spaghetti squash instead of noodles? I heard they're a good substitute and it's the season of the squash so they're bountiful right now. Great work on on meals and exercise!!

Have you tried spaghetti squash instead of noodles? I heard they're a good substitute and it's the season of the squash so they're bountiful right now. Great work on on meals and exercise!!

I've never tried, it, I'll have to. The only reason I have spaghetti noodles is that my dad made extra and gave them to me.

Year 1, Day 36 (Day 404)

Weight: 181.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 Coffees

Lunch: 1 Apple, 1 cup of Grapes, 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs, 1 cup of Salad w/Chicken, 1 Chicken w/Cheese sandwich on wheat.

Snack: 2 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Beef and Roasted Potatoes).

Snack: 1 Orange

Estimated Calories: 2040

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

My weight going down which is good.

There will be a lot of trial & error with maintenance Matt. Keeping an eye on it & making instant adjustments, as you are doing will soon correct anything. Well done!

Back