Matt's Diary

It is funny. Now that I am on maintenance too. I find I eat exactly the same way I did when I was trying to lose weight. Looking at your food diary- it looks like you do too. I guess it is because I have eaten that way for so long now- it just feels right. I am in no hurry to introduce cakes and cookies back in. As long as I am maintaining I think I will continue to eat the way I have for the last while. Safer that way-lol.

Year 1, Day 20 (Day 388)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 179.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: A few crackers, 3 Yogurts

Dinner: 2 3 oz. piece of Salmon,1 3 oz. piece of Steak 1 side of White Rice, 1 side of Spinach.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2730

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking; 10 minutes of HIIT.

I ate a little more than usual, I'm trying to strike a balance in eating the right amount so I don't gain and I don't lose.It's kind of tricky.

It is funny. Now that I am on maintenance too. I find I eat exactly the same way I did when I was trying to lose weight. Looking at your food diary- it looks like you do too. I guess it is because I have eaten that way for so long now- it just feels right. I am in no hurry to introduce cakes and cookies back in. As long as I am maintaining I think I will continue to eat the way I have for the last while. Safer that way-lol.

Yeah it is safer. I probably can eat a little more junk, but I don't want to get back in the habit of eating junk food all the time. Other than cheat days I'm going to play it safe.

Year 1, Day 21 (Day 389)

Weight: 177.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 cups of Coffee

Brunch: 3 Pancakes, 1 piece of French Toast w/ Syrup, 1 side of Scrambled Eggs, 3.5 pieces of Bacon, 1/2 piece of Rotisserie chicken, 1 side of Broccoli, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 Dinner Roll, 1 slice of Carrot Cake, 3 Chocolate Chip cookies all from Golden Corral.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Beef Strips Portabella), 1 slice of triple chocolate Cake.

Estimated Calories: 3100

Exercise: 3 hours of walking

Today was my birthday, so I made it a cheat day. My weight went down a little too much so I tried to eat a little more.

Year 1, Day 22 (Day 390)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner ( Beef and Roasted Potatoes), 2 Fried Eggs, 1 piece of Toasts.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters, 1 shot of Fireball, 1 Hardywood Singel beer, 2 Devils Backbone Vienna Lager

Estimated Calories: 2910

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

Year 1, Day 23 (Day 391)

Weight: ???

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 piece of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 piece of baked fish, 1 side of Collard Greens, 1 side of Broccoli all from Golden Corrall

Dinner: 1 Victoria's filet steak, 1 steamed Lobster Tail, 1 side of steamed Broccoli, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 piece of Bread all from Outback steakhouse.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters, 2 Hardywood Singel beers, 5 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3500

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Today started off rough. My alarm didn't go off so I didn't get a chance to weigh myself. Also since I was in such a rush I didn't get a chance to make my lunch so I went to Golden Corral. I felt bad because I could walk my dog as much as she likes; I was out there for like 5 minutes. I walked her later, we had to walk in the rain (Courtesy of Hurricane Matthew) which sucked.

Year 1, Day 24 (Day 392)

Weight: 178.4

Breakfast: 4 packets of Oatmeal, 2 Boston Cream doughnuts, 1 Glazed Doughnut, 1 Cup of Coffee from Wawa.

Lunch/Dinner: 6 pieces of Garlic Bread, 2 slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 2 slices of Supreme Pizza, 1 slice of Chicken Bacon Ranch flatbread pizza all from Cici's pizza.

Snack: 4 Yogurts, A few pieces of Dried Cherries, 1 Banana

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Today was kind of a half cheat day. I went to Cici's, but I didn't have as much as usual.

Good for you though Matt. You have a very well loved & cared for dog :)
Lobster tail- jealous!

Thanks! Yeah usually around this time of year she tends to want to go on longer walks. Also one drawback of being thinner is that I get colder easier.

Year 1, Day 25 (Day 393)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal,2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Chicken wrap w/cheese, 1 bag of dried cherries, 2 Hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana

Dinner: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 side of Mini-Roasted Potatoes.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2830

Exercise: 4 hours of walking, 10 minutes of HIIT.

I ate a little more than I would have liked, I probably should trim down the calories a tad. I went shopping also to get some stuff for the cold weather. I also got an cast-iron grill pan to cook with. I THINK I seasoned it right, though the chicken stuck to the pan (even though I sprayed cooking spray on it.It turned out okay, bland, but okay.

Year 1, Day 26 (Day 394)

Weight: 180.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal,2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 bag of Cashews, 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 1 Orange, 3 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Steak and Roasted Potatoes)

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

Chicken breast can be dry. I usually lightly fry a chicken breast in a little olive oil & some balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.

Year 1, Day 27 (Day 395)

Weight: 180.4

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 side of Mini-Roasted Potatoes, 1 Yogurt.

Estimated Calories: 2560

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

I really hope I'm not coming down with something again. I kind of felt crappy today. Probably due to the fact that I was walking my dog in the cold and my feet got soaking wet because she likes to walk in the grass.

Chicken breast can be dry. I usually lightly fry a chicken breast in a little olive oil & some balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper.

It was dry as much as it was bland. I cooked two pieces and had the other piece yesterday. I put a little balsamic vinaigrette on it and it tasted much better!

Year 1, Day 28 (Day 396)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal,2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Banana, 1 bag of Cashews, 1 Orange, 1 Ham and Cheese Wrap.

Dinner: 2 Pieces of Salmon, 1 side of Mini-Roasted Potatoes.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3 hours of walking

Yeesh. I know you and your dog enjoy walking and you love your yogurt, but have you ever thought to yourself, "I could walk a lot less today if I skipped a thing or 2 of yogurt today?" :p

I'm just surprised you aren't totally burned out either one yet.

Yeesh. I know you and your dog enjoy walking and you love your yogurt, but have you ever thought to yourself, "I could walk a lot less today if I skipped a thing or 2 of yogurt today?" :p

I'm just surprised you aren't totally burned out either one yet.

LOL! Even if I went cold turkey and gave up yogurt, I'd still be doing the walking because she demands it. This time of year she REALLY wants to walk, the last 2 nights I almost had to drag her back in b/c she still wanted to stay out after 2 hours! One time I got curious and decided as an experiment I'd keep walking until she wanted to go back in. After 4.5 hours I finally gave up and said "This is enough! and went back in.

That's funny. No matter how many times I take my little 11lb dog walking, he goes for about a half an hour and then he starts lagging behind. I've never pushed him to see how long he'd go though. I just have to drop him back off at the house and go back out if I want to keep walking.

Back