Matt's Diary

Hi Matt. Re: Mediterranean food-
Use olive oil as your main added fat, eat vegetables with every meal, include legumes, eat more fish & less red meat, eat fresh fruit every day & dried fruit & nuts as snacks or dessert, eat yoghurt every day & cheese in moderation. I love avocados as well & they go well with tuna and/or egg, mixed with a little mayo, pepper & salt.
I love Dolmades, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, dips, like hommus, tzatziki, etc, pickled veg & seafood. I think the less processed food you eat the better. Plain, unsalted nuts & some dried fruit are a great snack & very filling. They are not as moreish as salted, which is a good thing as nuts are high in calories. Brazil nuts are good.
Now that you have got to your goal weight :D you can concentrate more on good nutrition & becoming as healthy as you can. The good oils will help with skin elasticity as well.

Year 1, Day 16 (Day 384)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 179.6

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 1 Nutri-grain bar, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 Nutri-grain bar, 1 Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 4 oz. piece of Salmon, 1 side of White Rice, 1 side of Spinach

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters, 4 Rum and Diet Cokes, 1 shot of Fireball.

Estimated Calories: 2300

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking; 30 minutes of weight training

Yeah peanut butter is high in calories. Sometimes I eat way too much. Eliminating it sounds like a good plan. I have eliminated it for the most part.

Yeah I don't eat it all the time, I had it for a snack and didn't realize it would be so bad.

Hi Matt. Re: Mediterranean food-
Use olive oil as your main added fat, eat vegetables with every meal, include legumes, eat more fish & less red meat, eat fresh fruit every day & dried fruit & nuts as snacks or dessert, eat yoghurt every day & cheese in moderation. I love avocados as well & they go well with tuna and/or egg, mixed with a little mayo, pepper & salt.
I love Dolmades, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, dips, like hommus, tzatziki, etc, pickled veg & seafood. I think the less processed food you eat the better. Plain, unsalted nuts & some dried fruit are a great snack & very filling. They are not as moreish as salted, which is a good thing as nuts are high in calories. Brazil nuts are good.
Now that you have got to your goal weight :D you can concentrate more on good nutrition & becoming as healthy as you can. The good oils will help with skin elasticity as well.

Thanks I've put some of those things on my list,I'll check them out next time I go shopping.

Year 1, Day 17 (Day 385)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 6 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal.

Lunch: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan), 1 Apple.

Dinner: 1 4 oz. piece of Salmon,1 4 oz. piece of Steak 1 side of White Rice, 1 side of Spinach, 1 side of Asparagus, 1 Orange.

Miscellaneous: 1 Orange Juice.

Estimated Calories: 2160

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking

My weight went down a little, I hope it doesn't go down anymore (I never thought I would say that!). I'm trying the right amount of calories to maintain my weight. Also, I tried cooking w/Olive Oil but I might have done it wrong. Little bits kept "spitting" out of the frying pan.How can I keep that from happening?

When I'm heating with olive or canola oil I don't turn the heat on the stove top above maybe a 4 (out of 10) until I've added the other foods, otherwise it can get too hot and start splattering. Same idea as bacon grease, the hotter the more likely it is to jump out at you. :p

Once you get the food in, you can heat it more and it shouldn't pop too much.

Hi Matt, Mowens is right about the olive oil. Don't have it very hot.
I see you had 6 yoghurts for breakfast. You must be waking up very hungry. I would maybe add some almond meal/ fruit & nut mix to your yoghurt to make it more filling. Perhaps it's time to start experimenting with breakfast. Perhaps an omelette or scrambled eggs on some oat toast or a good quality, high fibre bread, baked beans on toast maybe, with a little lean short-cut bacon.....It's good to eat a little of something good, like a rye or an oat sour-dough bread. We avoid highly processed bread. (You may as well eat cardboard.)
Two eggs fried in a little olive oil on low heat, on 2 slices of good toast is a lot more filling than it sounds. If you add a few mushrooms & maybe a little zucchini(courgettes) & even a little garlic into the pan, you have one delicious breakfast.
Sorry about the essay. Isn't it wonderful that you are now worrying about getting too low? :D

Year 1, Day 17 (Day 385) Addendum

I forgot to mention I had a York Peppermint Pattie as a snack.

(I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been a little absent minded the last few days.)

Year 1, Day 17 (Day 385) Addendum

I forgot to mention I had a York Peppermint Pattie as a snack.

(I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been a little absent minded the last few days.)

York Peppermint Patties seem to have that effect on people. In fact, the last time I had a York Peppermint Patty it was so refreshing I forgot where I lived and ended up walking into a complete stranger's house. It was weird. I slept in their bed, ate the food in their fridge, I even took their dog outside to go for a walk. Then, the freshness wore off and I realized I was a criminal.

Year 1, Day 18 (Day 386)

Weight: 178.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 3 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 1 Apple, 2 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Snack: 1 Orange.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2230

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking; 10 minutes of HIIT.

When I'm heating with olive or canola oil I don't turn the heat on the stove top above maybe a 4 (out of 10) until I've added the other foods, otherwise it can get too hot and start splattering. Same idea as bacon grease, the hotter the more likely it is to jump out at you. :p

Once you get the food in, you can heat it more and it shouldn't pop too much.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind next time I cook.

Hi Matt, Mowens is right about the olive oil. Don't have it very hot.
I see you had 6 yoghurts for breakfast. You must be waking up very hungry. I would maybe add some almond meal/ fruit & nut mix to your yoghurt to make it more filling. Perhaps it's time to start experimenting with breakfast. Perhaps an omelette or scrambled eggs on some oat toast or a good quality, high fibre bread, baked beans on toast maybe, with a little lean short-cut bacon.....It's good to eat a little of something good, like a rye or an oat sour-dough bread. We avoid highly processed bread. (You may as well eat cardboard.)
Two eggs fried in a little olive oil on low heat, on 2 slices of good toast is a lot more filling than it sounds. If you add a few mushrooms & maybe a little zucchini(courgettes) & even a little garlic into the pan, you have one delicious breakfast.
Sorry about the essay. Isn't it wonderful that you are now worrying about getting too low? :D

Well its not that I wake up starving, its just I love yogurt! lol. Last few times I went to the store the clerk asked me if I was on a yogurt diet. I've never had baked beans on toast, but I love baked beans, after all they are good for your heart, the more you eat, well you know the rest! That's funny you mention sourdough I almost got some once, but I thought it had too much calories. I may get some next time I'm at the store.

York Peppermint Patties seem to have that effect on people. In fact, the last time I had a York Peppermint Patty it was so refreshing I forgot where I lived and ended up walking into a complete stranger's house. It was weird. I slept in their bed, ate the food in their fridge, I even took their dog outside to go for a walk. Then, the freshness wore off and I realized I was a criminal.

Ha! Luckily that's never happened to me! While I'd have a problem with someone eating my food and sleeping in my bed, I wouldn't have a problem with them taking my dog for a walk, after the first hour they would realize what a big mistake they made!

Your dog looks meatier than I expected given how much it walks. :p

Yeah probably b/c she loves to eat! When we walk she is constantly trying to get into the trash and finding discarded food. Sunday night she found a whole Egg McMuffin and grabbed it before I could take it away.

I love yoghurt too! I have started only having the Greek-style natural yoghurt & have learned to love it. It was too sour at first, but I have acquired the taste. Now that you are at your GW a little sour-dough toast should be ok. You could cut up the loaf & freeze it in portion sizes.

Year 1, Day 19 (Day 387)

Weight: 179.6

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 Fried Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Apple, 2 hard-boiled Eggs, 1 cup of salad w/chicken, 1 Roast beef, Avocado and Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: A few crackers, 2 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Meatloaf)

Snack: 1 Orange.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking; 30 minutes of Weight training..

I love yoghurt too! I have started only having the Greek-style natural yoghurt & have learned to love it. It was too sour at first, but I have acquired the taste. Now that you are at your GW a little sour-dough toast should be ok. You could cut up the loaf & freeze it in portion sizes.

I've had Greek yogurt on occasion, but most of the yogurt I get is generic Kroger brand.

Back