Matt's Diary

Day 337

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: ACHIEVED! Final Goal: In Progress...

Weight: 191.6

Breakfast: 2 slices of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 serving of Bourbon chicken w/rice, 1 piece of Corn on the cob, 1 piece of corn bread, 1 side of Broccoli, 1 side of Cantaloupe all from Golden Corral, 1 Apple.

Snack: 1 Yogurt

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Beef strips Portabella)

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters

Estimated Calories: 1860

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

Ugh, my weight went up, which sucks also I didn't get much walking in since there were a lot of thunderstorms. At least I'm feeling better, it turned to be bad allergies. At least the weather wasn't in the triple digits.

Matt, I don't eat much corn & I steer clear of cornbread. It's so starchy & starchy carbs put weight back on me quick smart. How high in salt are your packaged meals? You may also be retaining fluid, but my guess would be the bread & corn. I suffer from allergies too!

Matt, I don't eat much corn & I steer clear of cornbread. It's so starchy & starchy carbs put weight back on me quick smart. How high in salt are your packaged meals? You may also be retaining fluid, but my guess would be the bread & corn. I suffer from allergies too!

Yeah I went to Golden Corral that one day b/c that's payday and grocery shopping day so my fridge was almost empty. Except for my corny jokes :biggrinjester:I'll remember to steer clear of corn products in the near future if I can. I checked the meals they have anywhere between 500-600 mg of sodium. I guess I could be retaining fluid, but doesn't drinking a lot of water help with that? Allergies suck don't they? I don't know if its related but I used to be allergic to cats but now they don't bother me as much. Which is good because one of the neighborhood feral cats likes to follow me around on my walks!

Drinking lots of water will help flush out some of the sodium, but reducing it would put less strain on your kidneys & improve your heart health. I try to have <1800mg a day. The recommended amount is between 1500mg & 2300mg per day. I love corny jokes :D

Day 338

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: ACHIEVED! Final Goal: In Progress...

Weight: 191.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 17 oz. Salad w/ Chicken, 1 Ham and Cheese sandwich, 1 Apple.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Meatloaf)

Exercise: 2.7 hours of walking; 10 minutes of HIIT training.

Well my weight went down a little which is good. Since I don't feel sick any longer I'm going to start exercising more again. One thing I need to stop doing is walking so late at night (Which is hard to do since its so hot I actually can't wait till fall!).

Drinking lots of water will help flush out some of the sodium, but reducing it would put less strain on your kidneys & improve your heart health. I try to have <1800mg a day. The recommended amount is between 1500mg & 2300mg per day. I love corny jokes :D

Yeah I check and I can take in anywhere between 2400-2500 mg so I'm going to try to cut down.

Day 339

Weight: 189.6

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 1 Banana, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking; 30 minutes of weight training.

This might be a dumb question, or maybe not... but do you do all of that walking in a single sitting or is it broken up over a couple of sessions?

Day 340

Weight: 189.0

Snack: 1 Banana.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Beef Strips Portabella)

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters, 1 Diet iced tea.

Estimated Calories: 1800

Exercise: 2.5 hours of walking; 10 minutes of HIIT training.

This might be a dumb question, or maybe not... but do you do all of that walking in a single sitting or is it broken up over a couple of sessions?

It's not a dumb question, its broken up during the course of the day. Typically .5-2 hours in the morning, sometimes I'll walk some in the middle of the day, and 2 hours in the evening (lately very late at night).

Sometimes we'll go in early like if the weathers bad (which has been happening a lot lately) or if its too hot. Also if its garbage day since my dog is afraid of the garbage truck. Also she doesn't like motorcycles.

Day 341

Weight: 189.0

Snack: Various free samples, 1 York Peppermint Patty.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Beef Strips Portabella)

Estimated Calories: 1930

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking; 30 minutes of weight training.

That 189 is sticking :D
"Thanks! It does feel good! Only 9 more lbs. to go!"
Well done Matt! Now, you'll just keep getting fitter & fitter & ..............:D

Back