Matt's Diary

Excellent day Matt. I like seeing the weights exercises (I love doing them too) & some fruit in there. Is the yoghurt for breakfast filling you up?

Excellent day Matt. I like seeing the weights exercises (I love doing them too) & some fruit in there. Is the yoghurt for breakfast filling you up?

Thanks! Unfortunately I had to throw out a bunch of fruit because I waited too long to eat it and it got moldy. The yogurt is filling me up, though sometimes I can't get enough yogurt! I think its satisfying my sweet tooth also.

Day 272

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 204.2

Breakfast: 2 yogurts,2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 2 Pieces of roast chicken (breast and wing), 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of green beans.

Snack: 2 yogurts

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country friend chicken), 1 side of frijoles negroes machacados (mashed black beans)

Miscellaneous: 3 bottled waters;1 cups of diet iced tea, 1 can of Cherry coke zero.

Estimated Calories: 1830

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Day 273

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 203.4

Breakfast: 4 yogurts, 1 apple, 1 cup of orange juice.

Snack: 1 York Peppermint Patty; 1 apple.

Lunch: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf), 1 apple.

Dinner: 2 Pieces of roast chicken (breast and wing), 1 side of pumpkin/yam mix, 1 side of collard greens, 1 apple, 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of diet iced tea

Estimated Calories: 1820

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Day 274

Weight: 204.0

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 apple, mini-loaf, 1 nutri-grain bar, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: A few pieces of roast chicken, 1 side of mashed pinto beans, 1 side of collard greens, 1 apple

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters;

Estimated Calories: 1760

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 40 (4 reps of ten) dumbbell curls, 30 (3 sets of ten)standing dumbbell flies, squats, lunges, bent over rows, arm raises, oblique side bends, all w/5 lb. weights; 45 (3 reps of 15) plie squats, 40 (4 sets of ten) crunches

Day 275

Weight: 204.2

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 packets of oatmeal, 1 apple, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green Goddess Cobb salad w/ chicken, 1/2 Turkey Bravo sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country herb chicken),1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters

Estimated Calories: 1730

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking

Ugh my weight went up. An all in all stressful day with a lot of running around. My cousin is getting married in a about 2 weeks so I need to find something to wear.

Last edited:
Day 276

Weight: 201.6

Breakfast: 3 English muffins, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 apple, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1 few piece of roast chicken, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 side of corn on the cob, 2 pieces of meatloaf,1 side of broccoli, 1 side of watermelon, 2 diet iced teas, 1 diet lemonade.

Dinner: 2 pieces of grilled salmon, 1 side of spaghetti w/ tomato sauce.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 1850

Exercise: 2 hours of walking; 30 min workout : 60 (4 reps of 15) dumbbell curls, 30 (3 sets of ten)standing dumbbell flies, squats, lunges, bent over rows, arm raises, oblique side bends, all w/5 lb. weights; 45 (3 reps of 15) plie squats, 40 (4 sets of fifteen) crunches.

Yay my weight finally dropped! A large drop but oh well.

Day 277

Weight: 202.8

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 1 apple,1 banana, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 bowl of spaghetti with marinara sauce and chicken, 1 banana

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Beef Strips Portabella)

Miscellaneous: 4.5 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 1900

Exercise: 1 hour of walking

I ate a lot today lol. I got some spaghetti (not the kind out of a can though) So I'll be having pasta for a while. I didn't get to walk much either since we had a thunderstorm unfortunately.

Day 278

Weight: 201.6

Breakfast: 3 yogurts, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 peach, 2 bananas, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green goddess salad w/chicken, 1/2 Sierra turkey sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 1 Apple

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Beef Strips portabella), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 1740

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking; 45 (4 reps of fifteen) dumbbell curls, 30 (3 sets of ten)standing dumbbell flies, bent over reverse flies, squats, single-arm dumbbell snatches, bent over rows, arm raises, oblique side bends, 10 dumbbell renegade rows; all w/5 lb. weights; (4 sets of ten) crunches.

I don't know how accurate that weight reading is.I usually weigh myself when I fist get up but, my dog woke me up at 5 am wanting to go out so I weighed myself after walking her. I also tried some different exercises. I only did ten of the renegade rows b/c it was extremely hard to not only stay in that position and keep the dumbbells from rolling lol.

Day 279

Weight: 202.4

Breakfast: 3 yogurts, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 banana, 2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 2 pieces of meatloaf, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of corn.

Snack: 1 Peach

Dinner: 2 pieces of grilled chicken, 1 side of spaghetti w/ marinara sauce, 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 1850

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Hey Matt, I'm new here and just stumbled across your journey. I'm not sure if you are doing this yet, but I skimmed through your posts and didn't see that you're doing any HIIT cardio. Do this if you hit a weight loss plateau and the fat loss is inevitable after that.

Good Luck!

Day 280

Breakfast: 3 yogurts, 1 banana, 1 cup of orange juice.

Lunch: 11 pieces of garlic bread, 5 slices of pepperoni pizza, 2 slices Honey BBQ chicken flatbread pizza, 1 pieces of pretzel stuffed crust pizza, of 2 slices of apple desert pizza, 1 slice of bavarian cream desert pizza, 1 cinnamon roll, 1 brownie all from Cici's pizza. 1 bottle of Pepsi; 1 mini York peppermint patty.

Dinner: 1 banana, 1 bowl of grapes, 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 2 diet iced teas.

Estimated Calories: 3200

Exercise: 3.3 hours of walking.

Today was a cheat day so I went a little crazy. Probably a stupid idea since my weight went up. I decided to have a light dinner since I ate so much for lunch.

Hey Matt, I'm new here and just stumbled across your journey. I'm not sure if you are doing this yet, but I skimmed through your posts and didn't see that you're doing any HIIT cardio. Do this if you hit a weight loss plateau and the fat loss is inevitable after that.

Good Luck!

Yeah someone else mentioned that. I keep meaning to look into it but keep forgetting. Right now I'm doing a lot of walking and weight exercises 3 days out of the week.

Day 281

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green goddess salad w/chicken, 1/2 Sierra turkey sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Steak and roasted potatoes), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 1720

Exercise: 3 hours of walking, 40 (4 reps of ten) crunches

Surprising my weight held. I wasn't feeling all that well so I skipped the hand weight exercises.

You are the only person I know that eats all that crap and doesn't gain a lb...HAHAHA, are you human?!? When I lived in Texas I would visit Cici's once a month (my dad loved it), the cheese/garlic bread were my favorite I would have 3-4 squares (apart from Hawaiian pizza of course)...but I can't imagine eating ALL of what you just described, I would be in food coma/lethargic for 2 days at least. :ack2:

I know you have said it before, but I forgot it, what's your goal 6 again?

On another note, keep up the good work with all the exercise Matt...it's keeping your metabolism in check for those cheat days, which means you are doing the right thing! ;-)

Xoxox

You are the only person I know that eats all that crap and doesn't gain a lb...HAHAHA, are you human?!? When I lived in Texas I would visit Cici's once a month (my dad loved it), the cheese/garlic bread were my favorite I would have 3-4 squares (apart from Hawaiian pizza of course)...but I can't imagine eating ALL of what you just described, I would be in food coma/lethargic for 2 days at least. :ack2:

I know you have said it before, but I forgot it, what's your goal 6 again?

On another note, keep up the good work with all the exercise Matt...it's keeping your metabolism in check for those cheat days, which means you are doing the right thing! ;-)

Xoxox

LOL! I love the garlic bread! Well I love pizza in general. Well CiCi's IS all you can eat, so I want to get my moneys worth haha. Goal 6 is 225-200 lbs so I'm nearing that goal. Yeah keep in mind that before that was an average day for me so you can see why I was fat.

Back