Matt's Diary

Day 261

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 207.2

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1 serving of Pulled pork BBQ,1 piece of rotisserie chicken, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 side of coleslaw, piece of corn on the cob, 1 side of watermelon wedges from Golden Corral.

Snack: 1 banana

Dinner: 2 pieces of bourbon glazed salmon, 1 side of sweet potato casserole, 1 side of collard greens.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters, 2 diet iced teas, 2 coffees.

Estimated Calories: 1950

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 10 dumbbell curls w/5 lb. weights, lugging around various weights

I overdid it a little today, but at least what I was eating wasn't junk food. I drank more coffee than normal b/c I took my car ton get a waaay overdue car wash and get the oil changed. I also rescued some old weights out of storage and decided to put them to good use.

Day 262

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 207.6

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 cups of diced watermelon,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 green goddess cobb salad w/ chicken, 1/2 Italian combo sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread, 2 bottles of diet iced tea.

Snack: 1 yogurt

Dinner: 2 pieces of chicken (breast and wing), 1 side of sweet potato casserole/pumpkin mix, 1 side of collard greens.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters

Estimated Calories: 1750

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 10 dumbbell curls w/5 lb. weights, 10 squats, 10 lunges.

As can probably see I'm starting to incorporate weight training into my fitness routine. Also I didn't have enough sweet potato casserole so I mixed it w/ canned pumpkin which actually turned out pretty good.

Day 263

Weight: 205.4

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 packets of oatmeal,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green Goddess Cobb salad w/ chicken, 1/2 Italian combo sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread, 2 bottles of diet iced tea.

Snack: 1 watermelon wedge

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf),1 cup of orange juice.

Estimated Calories: 1910

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking; 20 dumbbell curls,10 standing dumbbell flies, 20 squats, 10 lunges, all w/5 lb. weights.

I ate more than I should but I think it's OK since I'm doing more exercise.

don't let yourself get fooled into eating to much just because you have done more exercise, most people over estimate the calorie burn especially for strength training.

Day 264

Weight: 206.2

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 packets of oatmeal,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1 serving of Pulled pork BBQ,1 piece of rotisserie chicken, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 side of broccoli, piece of corn on the cob, 1 side of watermelon wedges from Golden Corral.

Snack: 2 cups of strawberries, 1 yogurt

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf),1 cup of orange juice.

Estimated Calories: 1815

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 20 dumbbell curls,10 standing dumbbell flies, 20 squats, all w/5 lb. weights, 10 lateral rows w/a 8.8 lb. weight.

Day 265

Weight: 206.4

Breakfast: 4 yogurts, 1 packets of oatmeal,1 cup of orange juice, 3 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 2 pieces of rotisserie chicken, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 side of broccoli, piece of corn on the cob, 1 side of strawberries from Golden Corral, 2 diet iced teas.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak)

Estimated Calories: 1760

Exercise: 2 hours of walking

Today was kind of a stressful day so I didn't get any weight training done, also there's the fact I was kind of sore. I would of like to walk more but we had a thunder storm.

Day 266

Weight: 204.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 peach, 1 cup of orange juice.

Lunch: 4 doughnut holes, 1/2 a doughnut, 1 bag of Grandma's home style vanilla creme cookies, 1 bottle of Cherry Coke.

Dinner: 6 pieces of garlic bread, 5 slices of pepperoni pizza, 2 slices of apple desert pizza, and 2 slices of bavarian cream desert pizza all from Cici's pizza.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottled water

Estimated Calories: 3380

Exercise: 3.3 hours of walking.

Today was a cheat day and a volunteer day so I went crazy. Plus it's been a stressful time as my wallet has been getting thinner also.

Day 267

Weight: 205.2

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 1 peach,1 packet of oatmeal,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green Goddess Cobb salad w/chicken, 1/2 Italian combo sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread, 2 bottles of diet iced tea.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Turkey),1/2 cup of orange juice.

Estimated Calories: 1780

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 30 dumbbell curls,20 standing dumbbell flies, 30 squats, 30 lateral rows, 30 ab exercises , all w/5 lb. weights.

Ugh my weight went up though I guess that's to be expected, but still its a disappointment. I am worried that if I keep doing these weight exercises I'll gain muscle and my weight will go up and I won't be able to tell if I'm gaining weight b/c of muscle or because of some other reason (like having days like Sunday lol).

I was also worried b/c my dog tested positive for Lyme disease and Ehrlichia recently. Luckily she hasn't been showing any symptoms.

Last edited:
:smilielol5:That cracked me up. They wouldn't have any calories would they?
I must say, Matt. When you have a cheat day, you really have a cheat day! :eek: How can you fit all that in?

LOL! Well they're called "Dunkin Donuts Munchkins", though I always called them "Doughnut holes". Yeah I do don't I? Probably because CiCi's is all you can eat for only 6 bucks. I was actually worried I'd eat more!

HAHA...I actually thought "damn, he ate ALL OF THAT and ONLY gained .4lbs?!?" that's not even .2kg (.181kg to be exact)- I think most of us wouldn't have gained just that after eating all the pizza and donuts. Lol...see how working out even on cheat days does pay off somehow?!?

Do not fear strength training/weight exercises Matt...how tall are you??? If you keep exercising regularly, then your food intake is the only thing that you should still be mindful of as a "potential enemy" and I say that loosely...because you are OBVIOUSLY allowed to have cheat meals (I really do recommend meals instead of a whole cheat day), but my point is...you have been doing the walks for awhile - combining them with strength training will not only tone up your body a little after all the weight loss, but also give some boost/new stimuli to your metabolism.

I see all the wonderful changes you have made over these last months...it would be lovely to hear how you feel about some of those changes here too. For example...now that you have done quite a few days without the soda - do you miss it? Is it hard for you? Do you see a change in behavior now that you are consuming less sugar/caffeine?

I also love how you have incorporated more veggies/fruits into your meals...I don't know if you are at a point where you actually enjoy eating such, or you do eat out of a conscious effort to achieve your goals? (maybe both?!?)

Lastly, it's been well over 100lbs weight loss...........I am dying to know what your loved ones/co-workers have said about all the changes you've made in 267 days...it's so impressive, I am sure you had to get a new wardrobe, but I am wondering if there were changes for you socially, doing activities that you were not doing before and now can due partially to your weight loss.

I hope your dog gets better soon...please take care of her, she seems like the greatest companion to have on good and bad days.

Keep up the good work and have an awesome week!!

Xoxox

HAHA...I actually thought "damn, he ate ALL OF THAT and ONLY gained .4lbs?!?" that's not even .2kg (.181kg to be exact)- I think most of us wouldn't have gained just that after eating all the pizza and donuts. Lol...see how working out even on cheat days does pay off somehow?!?

Do not fear strength training/weight exercises Matt...how tall are you??? If you keep exercising regularly, then your food intake is the only thing that you should still be mindful of as a "potential enemy" and I say that loosely...because you are OBVIOUSLY allowed to have cheat meals (I really do recommend meals instead of a whole cheat day), but my point is...you have been doing the walks for awhile - combining them with strength training will not only tone up your body a little after all the weight loss, but also give some boost/new stimuli to your metabolism.

I see all the wonderful changes you have made over these last months...it would be lovely to hear how you feel about some of those changes here too. For example...now that you have done quite a few days without the soda - do you miss it? Is it hard for you? Do you see a change in behavior now that you are consuming less sugar/caffeine?

I also love how you have incorporated more veggies/fruits into your meals...I don't know if you are at a point where you actually enjoy eating such, or you do eat out of a conscious effort to achieve your goals? (maybe both?!?)

Lastly, it's been well over 100lbs weight loss...........I am dying to know what your loved ones/co-workers have said about all the changes you've made in 267 days...it's so impressive, I am sure you had to get a new wardrobe, but I am wondering if there were changes for you socially, doing activities that you were not doing before and now can due partially to your weight loss.

I hope your dog gets better soon...please take care of her, she seems like the greatest companion to have on good and bad days.

Keep up the good work and have an awesome week!!

Xoxox

Hey thanks!Well I went up again yesterday but hopefully that will be the end of it. I'll keep up with the weight exercises; I skipped them yesterday because my left shoulder blade was bothering me, which sucks b/c it only acts up when I use my left arm and I'm left handed so I use it a lot! I'm actually not having cravings as bad as I'd thought I would. Only occasionally do I crave a burger or pizza. I have had to buy a whole new wardrobe and I probably half to go out AGAIN since I think I dropped a pants size,If I have that would mean I'm a 32. When I started I was a 42 which means I've dropped 10 pants sizes. It also means I can actually go shopping at the high end stores near me like Saks and Nordstrom (jk I'm still poor)

Pretty much everyone has noticed the changes by now, unfortunately b/c of my work schedule I don't have much of a social life which has probably helped . Thankfully my dog isn't showing any symptoms though I'm giving her antibiotics just in case.

Day 268

Weight: 206.2

Breakfast: 2 yogurts,2 packet of oatmeal,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green Goddess Cobb salad w/chicken, 1/2 BBQ flatbread, 1 apple all from Panera Bread

Dinner: A few pieces of roast chicken, 1 side of pumpkin/ candied yam mix, 1 side of collard greens.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters;2 cups of diet iced tea.

Estimated Calories: 1850

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

It looks like I'm still paying for Sunday. I didn't do any weight exercise b/c my left shoulder was bothering me.

42 to a 32? WEE HOO! I'm not surprised you're paying for Sunday! :eek: It will be gone soon though, because you are on a set path :)

Day 269

Weight: 205.4

Breakfast: 3 yogurts,1 banana, 1 blueberry muffin,1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Snack: 1 Nestle mini bar.

Lunch: 1/2 Strawberry poppy seed salad w/chicken, 1/2 Napa Almond chicken sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread, 2 diet iced teas.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country fried chicken), 1/2 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottled waters;2 cups of diet iced tea.

Estimated Calories: 1780

Exercise: 2.75 hours of walking; 30 (3 reps of ten) dumbbell curls, standing dumbbell flies, squats, lunges, bent over rows, arm raises, oblique side bends, all w/5 lb. weights; 45 (3 reps of 15) plie squats, 40 (4 sets of ten) crunches.

Day 270

Weight: 204.6

Breakfast: 2 yogurts,1 banana, 2 packets of oatmeal, 1 cup of orange juice, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1 pieces of rotisserie chicken, 1 piece of pulled pork BBQ, 1 piece of cornbread, 1 side of broccoli, piece of corn on the cob, 1 side of coleslaw all from Golden Corral.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak), 1/2 cup of orange juice.

Estimated Calories: 1775

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking

I'm getting back on track weight-wise. Also I decided to start off slow with the weights and do it three times a week so I plan on doing them tomorrow.

Day 271

Weight: 204.2

Breakfast: 3 yogurts,2 packets of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Green Goddess salad w/chicken, 1/2 Napa Almond chicken sandwich, 1 apple all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf)

Estimated Calories: 1830

Exercise: 2.75 hours of walking; 30 (3 reps of ten) dumbbell curls, standing dumbbell flies, squats, lunges, bent over rows, arm raises, oblique side bends, all w/5 lb. weights; 45 (3 reps of 15) plie squats, 40 (4 sets of ten) crunches, 1 bonus set of curls w/a 8.8 lb. weight.

Back