Matt's Diary

Day 231

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 214.8

Breakfast: 2 containers of yogurt, 2 packs of oatmeal, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Frontega Chicken Panini,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner:3 pieces of baked chicken (breast, thigh and leg) ,1 side of mashed potatoes, and 1 side of spinach.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters,1 cup of diet iced tea, 1 cherry coke zero.

Estimated calories: 2100

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

My weight went up unfortunately. Also I added a section for the total number of calories.

Day 232

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 213.0

Breakfast: 5 containers of yogurt, 1 cup of orange juice

Lunch: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Sweet and Sour chicken), 1 side of mashed potatoes

Dinner: Chicken bacon ranch pasta, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli

Miscellaneous: 3 cups of diet iced tea, 1 cherry coke zero, 2 pints of beer

Estimated calories: 2100

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

I went grocery shopping today, and went to another store. This Kroger had a bar that against my better judgement I tried out. They had mostly IPA's on tap so I didn't know the calorie content and had to guess. I don't recommend shopping when your buzzed, lol.

Day 233

Weight: 213.8

Breakfast: 2 containers of yogurt, 2 packs of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Italian Combo sandwich,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 2 baked chicken wings,1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf) 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters,1 cup of diet iced tea, 1 can of cherry coke zero.

Estimated Calories: 1980

Exercise: 1 hour of walking.

My weight went up unfortunately and to make things worse, I didn't get a chance to walk hardly since we had a huge thunderstorm. I tried to take the dog out but as soon as she saw the lightning she ran back inside and frankly I don't blame her. I would have went out by myself but I don't want to get struck by lightning.

Day 234

Weight: 213.8

Lunch: Bourbon chicken w/rice, 1 chicken breast, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 dinner roll from Golden Corral

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Steak and potatoes), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters,1 cup of diet iced tea, 1 can of cherry coke zero.

Estimated Calories: 1750

Exercise: 3.67 hours of walking.

Day 235

Weight: 212.6

Lunch: Bourbon chicken w/rice, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 dinner roll from Golden Corral

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Fried Chicken), 1 cup of orange juice.

Late Snack: 1 yogurt

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters,3 cups of diet iced tea

Estimated Calories: 1810

Exercise: 3.4 hours of walking.

Day 236

Weight: 212.6

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Turkey Bravo sandwich,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 2 pieces of roasted chicken (breast and thigh), 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters,1 cups of Cherry Coke Zero

Estimated Calories: 1950

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Day 237

Weight: 212.4

Lunch: 1 piece of meatloaf, Bourbon chicken, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 dinner roll from Golden Corral

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Herb Chicken), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 6 bottled waters,1 cup of Cherry Coke Zero, 2 Diet iced teas.

Estimated Calories: 1780

Exercise: 2.5 hours of walking.

It's been a yucky week weather-wise, almost constant rain. My shoes are still soaking wet.

Day 238

Weight: 212.4

Breakfast: 2 containers of yogurt, 2 packs of oatmeal, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Frontega Chicken Panini,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Snack: 1 mini Snickers bar, 2 chocolate chip cookies

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury steak), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters, 1 can of Cherry Coke Zero, 2 Diet iced teas.

Estimated Calories: 1880

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking.

Well today was actually sunny for a change, also I need to stay away from the snacks at my rental office.They leave candy and cookies out for people.Even worse someone dropped a package of chocolate M & M's and my dog almost ate it!

Day 239

Weight: 211.2

Breakfast: 2 packs of oatmeal

Lunch: 2.5 pieces of roast chicken (leg, breast and thigh; only ate a few bites of the breast), 1 side of mashed potatoes.

Dinner: 1/2 chef salad w/balsamic vinaigrette dressing, 1/2 Italian sandwich all from McAllisters deli.

Snack: 1 bowl of watermelon chunks, 1 yogurt, 1 kit-kat bar.

Miscellaneous: 1 can of Cherry Coke Zero, 2 Diet iced teas, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 double espresso.

Estimated Calories: 1970

I made some mistakes today the main one being I ate dinner too early, which I think caused me to snack a lot.Which wasn't bad until I broke down and bought a Kit-kat bar. At least I did a lot of walking though the bad part is in this weather the ticks are starting to come out!

Good idea! UGH. Ticks :( I had a fern tick on the back of my neck once & felt really ill. I had only just moved to the country from a big city & had no idea what had happened. I was mortified. After ringing the doctor, G removed it, very carefully, anti-clockwise. As you're coming into tick season, we're coming into leech season *shudder*
211.2 :)

Good idea! UGH. Ticks :( I had a fern tick on the back of my neck once & felt really ill. I had only just moved to the country from a big city & had no idea what had happened. I was mortified. After ringing the doctor, G removed it, very carefully, anti-clockwise. As you're coming into tick season, we're coming into leech season *shudder*
211.2 :)

Eww. That sucks! I don't think we have leeches in VA. What's worse is trying to find and remove ticks from my dog, she will no sit still enough and will run when I try to pull them off.

Day 240

Weight: 211.6

Breakfast: 1 bowl of watermelon chunks, 2 packs of oatmeal, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Turkey bravo sandwich,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Meatloaf), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 2 cups of diet ginger ale, 2 Diet iced teas.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Day 241

Weight: 211.4

Breakfast: 3 yogurts, 2 packs of oatmeal, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1 piece of meatloaf, Bourbon chicken w/rice, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 dinner roll from Golden Corral

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country fried chicken), 1 cup of orange juice.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 2 cups of diet ginger ale, 1 Diet iced teas.

More rain ugh. This spring is off to a rainy start :(

Day 242

Weight: 211.0

Breakfast: 4 yogurts, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Italian Combo sandwich,1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 piece of sirloin steak, 1 lobster tail, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1/2 bread from Outback steakhouse.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottled waters, 2 Diet iced teas, 2 cups of Diet ginger ale.

Estimated Calories: 2312

I drank less water than usual b/c the toilet at work was broke. I went to Outback for some authentic Australian food (Ha!) I should have been more mindful of the calories, I thought I did good but my calorie intake was a little high.

Matt!!!!

Long time, no comments from me, hahaha...I always come and take a peek at your diary to check on your progress, it's one of my favorites bc I am just in awe of your consistency to keep working on it daily AND keeping us updated on it too.........YOU ARE PAST THE 100lbs weight loss \0/ woot, woot!!! Boy, oh boy...you've got to keep up the good work, you are on the right path to a MUCH BETTER YOU! ;-) Maybe add some different work-outs to the mix?!? Are you feeling more fit these days??

Notes on food: I am jealous and want that lobster tail from Outback, yum yum, but my suggestion is.........cut down on the starch........I've noticed from your diary that you eat bread upon bread and in all honesty, I never get it, hahaha........I mean...you have a sandwich and a baguette on top of that sandwich?? Any other side options available? Same goes for dinner......if you are having a side of bread, forego the mashed potatoes (or vise-versa), maybe a side of greens, or even another protein is better than two portions of these less nutritious food items.

I know I've said this before to you, and I definitely don't want to be nagging/sound repetitive - your life, your choices obviously - but I feel it would be SOOOOOOOO BENEFICIAL for you to be more instructed on nutrition, do some research, go see a nutritionist or a nutrologist if possible........calories become less important once you start feeding your body the right nutrients, and that will reflect not only on the scales but on your overall health too. =) AND NO, contrary to what many think, it does not break the bank if you eat healthier.........for 1) because I am not saying for you to change your diet completely and 2) because if you are investing on this then you are saving on future medical bills, trust me...do your research on cheap places to shop those healthier items. Maybe doing a twick or two on your meal plan will give you a boost on your weight loss and get you healthier than ever.

XOXOX

Matt!!!!

Long time, no comments from me, hahaha...I always come and take a peek at your diary to check on your progress, it's one of my favorites bc I am just in awe of your consistency to keep working on it daily AND keeping us updated on it too.........YOU ARE PAST THE 100lbs weight loss \0/ woot, woot!!! Boy, oh boy...you've got to keep up the good work, you are on the right path to a MUCH BETTER YOU! ;-) Maybe add some different work-outs to the mix?!? Are you feeling more fit these days??

Thanks it's good to hear from you again! I've been thinking of adding different types of workouts I need to tone up b/c even though I'm 110 lbs lighter I still have some flab :( . I had some hand weights but I don't know where they are. I do get a workout during my walks pulling my dog away from nasty crap she wants to eat but is not good for her.

Notes on food: I am jealous and want that lobster tail from Outback, yum yum, but my suggestion is.........cut down on the starch........I've noticed from your diary that you eat bread upon bread and in all honesty, I never get it, hahaha........I mean...you have a sandwich and a baguette on top of that sandwich?? Any other side options available? Same goes for dinner......if you are having a side of bread, forego the mashed potatoes (or vise-versa), maybe a side of greens, or even another protein is better than two portions of these less nutritious food items.

I know I've said this before to you, and I definitely don't want to be nagging/sound repetitive - your life, your choices obviously - but I feel it would be SOOOOOOOO BENEFICIAL for you to be more instructed on nutrition, do some research, go see a nutritionist or a nutrologist if possible........calories become less important once you start feeding your body the right nutrients, and that will reflect not only on the scales but on your overall health too. =) AND NO, contrary to what many think, it does not break the bank if you eat healthier.........for 1) because I am not saying for you to change your diet completely and 2) because if you are investing on this then you are saving on future medical bills, trust me...do your research on cheap places to shop those healthier items. Maybe doing a twick or two on your meal plan will give you a boost on your weight loss and get you healthier than ever.

XOXOX

Yeah like my dog, I love bread products and Panera baguettes are addictive. I think they let you choose other sides like apples, etc. I thought about substituting the potatoes with something else, like rice, but rice can be higher in calories and I think is starch also but I'm not sure. I guess I can do two vegetables like broccoli and corn for example.

Day 242

Weight: 210.4

Breakfast: 3 yogurts, 2 packs of oatmeal, 1 nutrigrain bar, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Strawberry poppy seed and chicken salad, 1/2 Steak and white cheddar,1 piece of french baguette from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of grilled salmon, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of spinach

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 2 Diet iced teas, 2 cups of Diet ginger ale.

Estimated Calories: 1885

I decided to switch things up and get something different.They had a new salad at Panera that looked interesting and decided to try it. Not only was it delicious but surprising low calorie also (70 calories, I got it without the nuts.)

Day 243

Weight: 210.8

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 2 packs of oatmeal, 1 cup of orange juice, 3 cups of coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Strawberry poppy seed and chicken salad, 1/2 BBQ chicken flatbread,1 piece of french baguette from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 piece of grilled salmon, 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner ( Chicken Parmesan)

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 2 Diet iced teas, 3 cups of Diet ginger ale.

Estimated Calories: 1730

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking.

Back