Matt's Diary

Day 177

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 225.6

Breakfast: A few bites of oatmeal, A pieces of ham, a bowl of diced cantaloupe, 2 cups of milk.

Snack: A cup of strawberries

Lunch: 3 pieces of baked chicken (2 breasts, 1 leg), 1 side of mashed potatoes

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Steak and roasted potatoes)

Late snack: 1 banana.

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of Diet iced tea,1 20 oz bottle of Diet Pepsi, 1 20 oz bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper, 1 20 oz. bottle of Cherry Coke Zero, 3 bottled waters

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Finally! Goal 5: Achieved! Two goals left! On to goal 6, it's still 25 lbs. so the goal is 200 lbs this time. Also since it took so long last time I figured it's time to switch to diet soda. I tried 3 different kinds and of the three Cherry Coke zero tasted the best, with Diet Dr. Pepper a close second. Because I drank so much (diet) soda I didn't even crave regular soda!

considering how hard it has been for you to cut down on the soda, this is a good change.

Day 178

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: ACHIEVED! Goal 6: In progress...

Weight: 225.4

Breakfast: 1 banana, 3 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 2 pieces of baked chicken, 1 piece of meatloaf, 1 slice of pepperoni pizza, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of green beans

Snack: various free samples

Dinner: 1 piece of bourbon glazed salmon, 1 piece of corn on the cob, 1 side of collard greens from Kroger, cut up cucumber w/ 2 tbsp of Olive Garden lite Italian dressing.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottle of Diet iced tea,1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 4 bottled waters

I know I shouldn't have had the pizza slice, I figured since I had a light breakfast I can throw it in.

Day 179

Weight: 225.8

Breakfast: 1 banana, 2 oatmeal packets, 3 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Turkey Bravo sandwich, 1 piece of french baguette bread all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 baked chicken leg, 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Steak and Roasted potatoes)

Miscellaneous: 2 bottle of Diet iced tea,1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 1 20 oz. bottle of Diet Pepsi, 4 bottled waters

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking.

Day 180

Weight: 224.8

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal packets, 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Turkey Bravo sandwich, 1 piece of french baguette bread all from Panera bread, 1 chocolate chip cookie.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Roasted Chicken)

Miscellaneous: 1 bottle of Diet iced tea,1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 1 cup of Pepsi Max, 3 bottled waters

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Well back to the Doctor.My back is better for the most part, but I've still been feeling weak on occasion. They believe it's b/c of the anemia so they are going to to a screening of my blood and hopefully I will find out in a few days. In the mean time I've started taking iron supplements and that has helped a little.

1 piece of french baguette bread all from Panera bread
These baguettes were the death of me until I moved to Hampton Roads. Now I don't have a Panera close enough to go grab drive-thru on a whim.
I'm a little bit jealous.

These baguettes were the death of me until I moved to Hampton Roads. Now I don't have a Panera close enough to go grab drive-thru on a whim.
I'm a little bit jealous.

Yeah I'm addicted to the baguettes.That sucks that there isn't one near you.

Day 181

Breakfast: 3 oatmeal packets, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Classic with chicken salad, 1/2 Turkey Bravo sandwich, 1 piece of french baguette bread all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 5 bottled waters

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Day 182

Weight: 225.8

Breakfast: 3 oatmeal packets, 3 cups of coffee.

Dinner: 2 pieces of cooked Salmon w/balsamic vinaigrette, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of collard greens

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 5 bottled waters

Exercise: 3.66 hours of walking.

::Sigh:: One step forward too steps back, its seems like for the last few weeks losing weight has been like pulling teeth.

Day 183

Weight: 224.6

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal packets, 1 banana, 1 cup of milk.

Snack: 3 Chocolate fudge cookies.

Lunch: 1 garden salad w/ranch dressing, 4 pieces of garlic bread, 6 pieces of pizza, 2 pieces of Bavarian cream desert pizza all from CiCi's pizza.1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 1 Diet Iced Tea.

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking, 10 sit-ups, and lugging around various heavy objects

Yeah, I screwed up today. I need to break this habit of going to CiCis when I volunteer.

Day 184

Weight: 225.6

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal packets, 1 banana, 2 cups of coffee.

Snack: 6 Girl Scout cookies

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 1 cup of Pepsi Max, 5 bottled waters.

My weight went up which isn't surprising considering yesterday, also the fact that Daylight savings time has ended. I'm probably going to figure out other ways to exercise in the coming months.I want to exercise more however, its going to be scorching hot in about 2 months and I don't want to give my dog heatstroke. I may just walk by myself or I'm thinking about starting to lift weights.

Day 185

Lunch: 2 pieces of rotisserie chicken, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of green beans, a few pieces of broccoli from Golden Corral.

Snack: 1 banana

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Fried Chicken)

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 1 cup of Pepsi Max, 1/2 Diet iced tea, 4 bottled waters.

Day 186

Weight: 223.8

Dinner: 1 piece of grilled salmon, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of collard greens, 1 banana.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 6 bottled waters.

Exercise: 2.75 hours of walking.

Well finally its going down again! Hopefully the weight will stay down and not yo-yo like its been doing.

Day 187

Weight: 224.6

Snack: 1 bowl of diced cantaloupe.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Steak and Roasted potatoes)

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 6 bottled waters.

Day 188

Weight: 223.2

Breakfast: 2 oatmeal packets, 1 bowl of strawberries, 2 cups of coffee.

Snack: 1 banana

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (classic meatloaf)

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 4 bottled waters.

Well it looks like I'm back on track. I went back to the Doctor today, not b/c I was sick (I'm actually improving) but for a follow up, I didn't really want to go but they bugged me about going. Unfortunately I'm back on Prednisone for Tinnitus and allergies. At least the dosage is smaller and I only have to take it for 6 days.

Day 189

Weight: 223.2

Breakfast: 1 bowl of diced cantaloupe, 2 bananas, 1 cup of milk.

Lunch: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Steak and Roasted potatoes)

Snack: 1 Kind bar (Cranberry almond w/Macadamia nuts)

Dinner: 1/2 Garden salad w/ olive oil balsamic vinaigrette, 1/2 Smoky Pepper Jack Turkey sandwich, all from McAllister's Deli.

Snack: 1 York Peppermint Patty

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of Cherry coke zero, 1 Diet iced tea 2 bottled waters.

I was off today, the first Saturday I've had off in a while so I decided to go shopping. The bad thing about losing weight is buying new clothes. I decided I to wait however b/c I'm at the point that XL is a little too big and L is too small. I did slip and have some snacks, but I blame it on the Prednisone lol. Also when I go to eat at some place I haven't been too before or haven't been in a long time, I'm going to make a point of checking the calorie content first. I did pretty well with McAllisters, however the dressing was relatively high calorie and I didn't realize it until it was too late.

Day 190

Weight: 220.6

Breakfast: 2 packs of oatmeal, 2 bananas, 2 cups of milk.

Lunch: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Chicken Parmesan)

Dinner: 1 roasted chicken leg, 2 pieces of jerk salmon, 1 side of garlic roasted potatoes.

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of Cherry coke zero, 4 bottled waters.

A bit of a drastic drop, but I weighed myself kind of late in the morning so that may be a factor. It may go up tomorrow, however it does feel good knowing that since September I've lost exactly 100 lbs.! Only 40 lbs. to go!

Back