Matt's Diary

Goal 1: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 241.8

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1Bowl of Soup, 1 Salad w/Chicken and Ranch Dressing, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Snack: 1 Kit-Kat Bar.

Dinner: A few pieces of Ham, 1 Healthy Choice Bowls TV Dinner (Beef and Broccoli).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Cup of Milk.

Estimated Calories: 2300

Exercise: 2.25 hours of Walking.

I've been eating less which is good, though I shouldn't have eaten the Kit-Kat Bar. I'm kind of worried, because this week I'm working long shifts and after I get home and walk Misty that I'll be eating later in the night and I won't have time to walk as much.

I've been eating less which is good, though I shouldn't have eaten the Kit-Kat Bar. I'm kind of worried, because this week I'm working long shifts and after I get home and walk Misty that I'll be eating later in the night and I won't have time to walk as much.

Is it possible to get in an early morning walk ?

Today's Weight: 241.4

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 slices of Toast, 4 pieces of Bacon, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1Bowl of Soup, 1 Salad w/Chicken and Ranch Dressing, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Dinner: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken platter w/2 sides (Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli), 1 Zucchini muffin all from Arby's.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Cup of Milk.

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 2.25 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 240.8

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 1 Large Latte, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Chicken BBQ Sandwich, 1 Bag of Chips all from Panera.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Plant Based Bowls TV Dinner (Be’f & Vegetable Stir Fry w/ Gardein).

Snacks: 2.5 Bowls of Cereal.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 239.6

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 Slices of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup, 1/2 Green Goddess Salad, 1 Piece of French Baguette, 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie all from Panera.

Dinner: 1/2 BBQ Rotisserie Chicken, 1 Medium side of Mashed Potatoes all from Wawa.

Estimated Calories: 2800

I ate a little too much today and I should have avoided the cookie.

I've been eating less which is good, though I shouldn't have eaten the Kit-Kat Bar.
Good for you! Eating less will pay off. For me I have pretty much give up eating any candy, I find I cannot eat it in moderation and so none works best for me. That said they gave us little 9.9 gram dark chocolate treats on the airplane a few days ago. I ate one each way, my first candy in over a year. I figured it was pretty controlled. It tasted good, but not good enough to want to do it again. You need to find what works best for you, but for me no candy or sweet treats (well almost none) works. For me it includes those cookies, none is best.

Today's Weight: 240.4

Breakfast: 1 Sausage, Egg and Cheese on Brioche Breakfast sandwich, 1 cup of Oatmeal w/Nuts and Strawberries, 2 cups of Coffee all from Panera.

Lunch/Dinner: A few pieces of Bread, Linguine Piscatore all from Carrabbas.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Milk, 3 cups of Dr. Pepper.

Snack: 1 Small bag of Candy Corn.

Estimated Calories: 3250

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

I did pretty good except for the Candy Corn and the Dr. Pepper. I was going to drink that much but my server kept giving me refills and I didn't think about because I was on my phone and it was after the third one that I realized I drank too much and asked for water.

Good for you! Eating less will pay off. For me I have pretty much give up eating any candy, I find I cannot eat it in moderation and so none works best for me. That said they gave us little 9.9 gram dark chocolate treats on the airplane a few days ago. I ate one each way, my first candy in over a year. I figured it was pretty controlled. It tasted good, but not good enough to want to do it again. You need to find what works best for you, but for me no candy or sweet treats (well almost none) works. For me it includes those cookies, none is best.

Yep, hopefully one upside to working long ours is that I won't be as hungry and eat less!

Today's Weight: 239.6

Breakfast: 6 Pancakes w/Syrup and Butter, 1 Pumpkin Muffin, 11 Pieces of Bacon, 1 cup of Milk, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Salt and Pepper Burger, 1 side of Fries, 1 Mountain High Mudd Pie, all from Red Robin.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 cup of Milk, 3 cups of Dr. Pepper.

Snack: 1 Small bag of Candy Corn.

Estimated Calories: 4500

Exercise: 4.75 hours of Walking.

I was going to try to do better and avoid sweets, since Tuesday is my birthday but failed.

Hey Matt, I just read through some of your thread. Your journey has been really impressive, I feel like I can relate in a way, in 2010 I dropped about 70lbs from 230 to 160 and I've slowly gained weight back. I've been trying to get back into the 170s for several years now without much luck - feeling similar to your Goal 7A.

It's amazing how much you walk. Also, seems like you've got a pretty good metabolism as you can lose weight even at higher calorie levels, I feel like I need to be sub 1800 to even move. I'll be sure to visit here often as I am going to try logging daily now too.

Today's Weight: 241.8

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken and Ranch Dressing, 1 Bowl of Country Vegetable w/Beef Soup, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Snack: 3 Pumpkin Muffins.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken).

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 1.4 hours of Walking.

I did better today, except for the Muffins. I was going to walk more but I got up kind of late so I couldn't walk in the morning and I fell asleep after I walked in the evening. I walk up later and was sore all over so I couldn't do anymore walking.

Pumpkin muffins are one thing I can resist.

When I was a kid I got very sick after eating a bunch of pumpkin pie. It was a thanksgiving binge, after dinner my parents went out and my cousin and I ate a whole lot of pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream, that night I got an awful stomach bug. Not sure it had much to do with what I ate, but even to this day I can't eat sweet pumpkin things or vanilla ice cream without feeling a bit nauseous. Unfortunately those are the only foods I have that reaction to.

Good that you did better, and 1.4 hours of walking is still impressive. Is Misty still able to walk with you?

Today's Weight: 241.4

Breakfast: 1 Traditional Breakfast, 1 Belgian Waffle, all from First Watch. 1 Bowl of Cereal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 3 Scallops, 1 side of Kale, 1 side of Butternut Squash Puree, 1 Smores Dessert Bar.

Snack: 6 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 1 Large Dr. Pepper, 1 Slow Drip Old Fashioned.

Estimated Calories: 4800

It was my birthday so I went a little crazy, and my dad took me out to eat. Of course my birthday was ruined when I got home and got a notice from my landlord about my rent (even though I'm only 5 days late) and they added a bunch of fees.

Pumpkin muffins are one thing I can resist.

When I was a kid I got very sick after eating a bunch of pumpkin pie. It was a thanksgiving binge, after dinner my parents went out and my cousin and I ate a whole lot of pumpkin pie and vanilla ice cream, that night I got an awful stomach bug. Not sure it had much to do with what I ate, but even to this day I can't eat sweet pumpkin things or vanilla ice cream without feeling a bit nauseous. Unfortunately those are the only foods I have that reaction to.

Good that you did better, and 1.4 hours of walking is still impressive. Is Misty still able to walk with you?

Yes she is. She seems to want to walk more since it's cooler. I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice. Though I understand I did the same thing with stuffing!

Today's Weight: 244.0

Breakfast: 1 cup of Oatmeal w/Strawberries and Pecans, 1 Carmel Latte, 1 Large cup of Coffee all from Panera.

Lunch: 1 High Protein Bowl w/1 side of Pita from Mezeh.

Dinner: 1 Salad w/Chicken and Catalina Dressing, 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner(Meatloaf).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottles of Water, 1 cup of Coffee.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Exercise: 3.25 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 242.0

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce Compleats meal, 1 Salad w/Chicken and Ranch, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner(Chicken Parmesan).

Snack: 2 Yogurts, 1 Banana.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottles of Water.

Estimated Calories: 2000

Very nice job today Matt

Back