Matt's Diary

In the US it's a type of squash that can get quite large. I sometimes grow them, and like to eat them, right now the local farmers are producing them in excess, the closest farm stand is selling them 10 for a dollar, give away really. The word is Italian and means small squash, nothing small about ours. I agree with Cate, I have found adding more veggies to my diet to be quite helpful.

I've actually had Zucchini before, I've had Zucchini Bread and I had Zucchini (along with some Butternut Squash) noodles on Saturday.

I like zucchini noodles, we have some in the freezer now. Almost ate them last night, but went for okra instead (I think that was last night anyway). Point is you should try eating more veggies, I have been surprised how filling the can be for only a few calories. And properly prepared they can be pretty tasty.

Goal 1: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 240.8

Breakfast: 2 Fried Eggs, 6 Pieces of Bacon, 4 pieces of Toast, 2 Bowls of Cereal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Piece of Salmon, 1 side of Roasted Potatoes, 1 side of Asparagus.

Snack: 3 Yogurts, 1 Apple, A few Grapes, 1 Orange.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 3.33 hours of Walking.

I did pretty good today though I could have drank more water. I'm debating whether to buy more, I've been cutting down on bottled waters, but because of the flooding they had to shut down the water treatment plant, they said the water was safe to drink, but I'm still a little skittish about drinking it.

Today's Weight: 239.6

Breakfast: 3 Bowls of Cereal, 2 Yogurts, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Garden Salad, A few Crackers.

Dinner: 1 Piece of Chicken w/BBQ Sauce, a side of Roast potatoes.

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 4.33 hours of Walking.

The only good part of there being so much rain is its starting be be a lot cooler out so I can walk more.

Breakfast: 5 Pancakes w/Syrup and Butter, 2 Fried Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee, 2 cups of Milk.

Lunch: 1 Chicken Quesadilla.

Dinner: 1 Piece of Lemon Chicken, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Green Beans.

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 4.5 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 240.8

Breakfast: 3 Fried Eggs, 4 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee, 1 cup of Milk.

Lunch: 1 Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, 1 Bag of Chips, all from Panera.

Dinner: 1 Charcuterie Plate ( 5 Pieces Prosciutto, 10 Pieces of Calabrese Salami, Brie Cheese, 1 piece of Cheddar Cheese, A few Crackers, A few Grapes, A bit of Pumpkin Preserves).

Snack: 1 Apple.

Estimated Calories: 3200

Exercise: 1.5 hours of Walking.

My weight went up I think because I had a late dinner last night. I also ate too much today I keep forgetting how many calories are in a Charcuterie plate. I was planning on walking more, but I fell asleep early. At least I got some rest since I have a phone interview today.

Today's Weight: 240.4

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Milk, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: A few pieces of Salami, A few pieces of Cheddar, Pumpkin Preserves, a few Grapes.

Snack: 1 Cupcake.

Dinner: 1 Poke Bowl.

Snack: 1 Bowl of Grapes.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 5 hours of Walking.

I did good except for the cupcake. My phone interview went okay, though I tend to get flustered and I think I messed up a question. Though I guess it didn't go that bad since I have another (virtual) interview) on Wednesday.

My phone interview went okay, though I tend to get flustered and I think I messed up a question. Though I guess it didn't go that bad since I have another (virtual) interview) on Wednesday.
Maybe try to do something relaxing, like meditation, before the phone interview on Wednesday. Just some deep breathing, concentrating on each breath helps. Good luck with it.

Today's Weight: 238.8

Breakfast: 4 Pancakes, w/Butter and Syrup, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes.

Lunch/ Dinner: Backed Spaghetti, 2 pieces of Garlic Bread, 1 Salad w/Ranch Dressing.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 Large can of Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 3300

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

Maybe try to do something relaxing, like meditation, before the phone interview on Wednesday. Just some deep breathing, concentrating on each breath helps. Good luck with it.

I'll try it. This interview will be over webcam so I'll have to meditate and make sure the webcam works since I've never used it before.

Breakfast: 1 Bacon, Egg and Cheese Croissant Sizzli, 1 Hash brown, 1 Cheese Danish, 1 Doughnut, 1 cup of Milk, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: Pulled Pork BBQ, 1 Banana.

Snack: 3 Cupcakes.

Dinner: 2 1/4 Hot Dogs all from Wawa, 1 Box of Microwaveable French Fries.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Ginger Ale, 1/2 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 4950

Today's Weight: 243.0

Breakfast: 3 Bowls of Cereal, 1 Banana, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Salad with Roasted Pepper Dressing, Black Pepper Salmon w/Udon Noodles.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2510

Exercise: 3.67 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 241.8

Breakfast: 2 Bowls of Cereal, 1 Banana, 1 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Banana.

Lunch: 1 Plate of Sushi

Snack: Some Cheese.

Dinner: Spaghetti w/Meat Balls, 4 Pieces of Toast.

Snack: 1 Apple.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Waters.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 241.2

Breakfast: 6 Pancakes w/Syrup and Butter, 1 Banana, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Banana, 2 Yogurts.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Roast Pepper Dressing, 1 Apple.

Dinner: 1 Boston Market TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2550

I did pretty good today, I spent most of the day preparing for my virtual job interview but unfortunately the interviewers never showed u. Luckily I was able to reschedule for next week.

Brunch: 8 Pancakes w/Syrup and Butter, 6 Pieces of Bacon, 2 Fried Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 4 cups of Coffee.

Dinner: Black Pepper Angus Steak, Honey Walnut Shrimp, 1 side of Chow Mein all from Panda Express.

Snack: 1 Banana

Miscellaneous: 2.5 Bottled Waters,1/2 Diet Dr. Pepper

Estimated Calories: 2500

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

Update on the 4 job interviews:

Interview 1: A virtual interview was supposed to happen but didn't because the interviewers schedule got mixed up, rescheduled for Tuesday.

Interview 2: Phone Interview went well, another (virtual) interview has been scheduled for Monday.

Interview 3: Phone interview went okay, I messed up parts of it I don't know if I'll hear back.

Interview 4: An in person interview, the first job interview I've went to wearing a mask. Getting around that area where it was located has and still is a nightmare. The street layout is confusing and construction always seems to be going on. Even though I left early I arrived got there late. It went okay, though if I hear back I don't know if I'll take the job or not.

Congrats on the interviews, I hope you get your pick of jobs! I'm a new member here and I admire your consistency and dedication to this diary - and your total weight loss since 2015.

I notice your recent breakfasts of cereal or pancakes are pretty high calorie / low filling compared to the rest of your day, but I know you were eating a lot of oatmeal when you first started losing weight. I haven't yet read all 180 pages so I apologize if its been covered, but have you experimented with "overnight oats" (where you soak oatmeal in the fridge overnight in a mason jar with something like milk or yogurt and then eat it in the morning, often with added fruit or nuts)? I found that I didn't need to consume as many calories of oatmeal to feel full as full as I did eating a lot more cereal - and that the oatmeal would keep me feeling full much longer.

Today's Weight: 240.0

Breakfast: 3 Bowls of Cereal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Italian Sub, 1 Bag of Chips, 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie all from Wawa.

Snack: 2 Bananas.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Congrats on the interviews, I hope you get your pick of jobs! I'm a new member here and I admire your consistency and dedication to this diary - and your total weight loss since 2015.

I notice your recent breakfasts of cereal or pancakes are pretty high calorie / low filling compared to the rest of your day, but I know you were eating a lot of oatmeal when you first started losing weight. I haven't yet read all 180 pages so I apologize if its been covered, but have you experimented with "overnight oats" (where you soak oatmeal in the fridge overnight in a mason jar with something like milk or yogurt and then eat it in the morning, often with added fruit or nuts)? I found that I didn't need to consume as many calories of oatmeal to feel full as full as I did eating a lot more cereal - and that the oatmeal would keep me feeling full much longer.

Thanks! I've enver had overnight oats, I've only had instant oatmeal. I might go back to eating it since it's getting cooler. I may even try the overnight oats!

Back