Matt's Diary

I probably shouldn't have had the chili, but I hear there is some benefit I mean what do they say about beans being good for your heart? ;)
lol
Have you tried carrying around a water bottle with you during the day? Might find you drink more water if you always have it available and you'll be less thirsty.

I usually do at work, but now I don't have a bottle with me,though I guess I can use an empty ice tea bottle.

I usually do at work, but now I don't have a bottle with me,though I guess I can use an empty ice tea bottle.
That would be a good idea. If you have ready access to clean drinking water filling bottles is much better all 'round.

Day 133

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 245.4

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast, 1 cup of milk.

Lunch: 1 ham sandwich (ham, honey mustard/mayo combo, lettuce, a dab of peppercorn gourmaise), 1 bowl of vegetable beef soup.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 4 bottles of water, 1 mug of hot tea.

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

The winter storm continued today, it stopped snowing a few hours ago. So far I think we've got almost 2 feet of snow. Unfortunately because of this I didn't get to walk as much. Also because I'm snowed it there's more of a temptation to snack due to the boredom. Thankfully I didn't succumb to it.Hopefully the snow will start melting soon.

Well done Matt.You resisted snacking even though you were bored & still fitted in 2 hours of walking with all of that snow. Win/win! :D

Day 134

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 244.8

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast, 1 cup of milk.

Lunch: 1 ham sandwich (ham, honey mustard/mayo combo, lettuce, a dab of peppercorn gourmaise), cut up cucumber w/lite balsamic vinaigrette dressing, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Herb Chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottle of diet iced tea, 3 bottles of water.

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

I ran out of iced tea so I broke down and had an extra Pepsi. I didn't walk as much as I'd like, but I'll probably get more exercise tomorrow digging my car out of the snow.

2 hours of walking is still good. The most walking I've ever done is a little less then 2 hours and that was hard for me.

Also, from looking back, at day 3 you were at 319.2 and now look at you. :D

Day 135

Weight: 244.2

Breakfast: 1 Packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 cup of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner( Steak and Roasted Potatoes), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking; 20 minutes of digging my car out of the snow.

Day 136

Weight: 243.4

Lunch: 1 Classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: Chopped up roasted chicken mixed w/fried rice, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking

Day 137

Weight: 244.4

Lunch: 1 cup of Vegetable Pesto soup, 1/2 Classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country fried chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking

I gained a pound unfortunately, probably because yesterday I had a large dinner, at least larger than I usually have. Thankfully the snow is melting so I'm getting to walk more. I am having some back pain again, but its in my upper back and its more noticeable when I'm sitting.

Last edited:
Weights will fluctuate day to day, don't worry too much about one pound. Add long as you tend downwards you'll be good. I'm glad the snow is melting for you, I'm up in New England and we escaped last weekend's storm. We're not complaining :)

Weights will fluctuate day to day, don't worry too much about one pound. Add long as you tend downwards you'll be good. I'm glad the snow is melting for you, I'm up in New England and we escaped last weekend's storm. We're not complaining :)

Yeah I always tell myself that, but it still worries me. I'm glad you escaped the snow. :)

Day 138

Weight: 243.4

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Chicken Parmesan), 2 pieces of toast, 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 4 bottles of diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.67 hours of walking

Day 139

Weight: 242.2

Lunch: 1 cup of Vegetable Pesto soup, 1/2 Classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 1 York Peppermint Patty.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country herb chicken ), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking

Today was payday so I went grocery shopping. I didn't get a bistro meal, but unfortunately I succumbed to temptation and had a peppermint patty. At least I didn't eat the extra piece of bread I got at lunch.

Day 140

Weight: 242.2

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country fried chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 1 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking

Those are some serious walks Matt. Keep working on the water even though it takes some getting used to.

I've been doing better with the water, though I've been slacking a little as of late.

Back