Matt's Diary

Great job Matt,
Have you also been tracking your dog's weight loss progress? I'd guess the dog is looking leaner since you've started.

Great job Matt,
Have you also been tracking your dog's weight loss progress? I'd guess the dog is looking leaner since you've started.

I have unfortunately she's actually gained weight, mainly because no matter how careful I am in how much food she gets, she will always find some garbage near the dumpster or some food someone has discarded. Last week she found a hamburger in the bushes and Saturday, she got a hold of a few slices of pizza sitting in the parking lot. She used to eat the cat food people leave out for feral cats but luckily I was able to keep her away from that.

Hi Matt. Did you know that pizza can kill dogs. Onion is a big no no!

Oh no I didn't know that!Well put that on the list of things not to giver her or let her eat! She's not going to be happy about this, she looves pizza crust...not as much as cat poop though...

Day 128

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 247.6

Breakfast: 1 Packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 cup of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Snack: A few orange slices.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner( Country Herb chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Taken from a web site called can dogs eat this- "Cheese, tomato, onions, garlic, spicy peppers, mushrooms, oily pepperoni, dough – all of these are bad for your dog and in some cases extremely toxic."

Your dog seems very motivated to track down additional food. Wonder if all the additional exercise has been making her hungrier?

Day 129

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 246.6

Lunch: 1 classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Steak and Roasted potatoes), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters.

Exercise: 2 hours of walking.

I would have liked to walk more but its freaking cold outside! (19 degrees) On the plus side the dog didn't find any pizza or burgers.

On a positive note, we all tend to burn more calories in the cold so two hours in 19 degrees likely burned quite a few calories. Nice work on not walking by any burger filled dumpsters :)

On a positive note, we all tend to burn more calories in the cold so two hours in 19 degrees likely burned quite a few calories. Nice work on not walking by any burger filled dumpsters :)

I didn't know that, that's good. It'll be warmer the rest of the week though it's supposed to snow this weekend.

Day 130

Weight: 246.0

Lunch: 1 cup of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Sweet and Sour Chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Between all the walking and the sodium content of the food, I'm guessing you were pretty thirsty yesterday. Great job on getting the water into the mix and keep trying to increase the water vs diet iced tea if you can.

Matt- FIVE bottles of diet iced tea? 9 bottles all up? In one day. Wow!

Yep, I would have like to have drank more water, believe it or not that used to be roughly the amount of Pepsi's I drank in a day.

Between all the walking and the sodium content of the food, I'm guessing you were pretty thirsty yesterday. Great job on getting the water into the mix and keep trying to increase the water vs diet iced tea if you can.

Thanks, I plan on drinking more water today.

Day 131

Weight: 245.8

Lunch: 1 classic chicken salad, 1 french baguette all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Chicken Teriyaki), 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: A few orange slices.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Day 132

Weight: 245.2

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast, 3 orange slices, 1 cup of milk.

Lunch: 1 salad (lettuce, cucumber, onion,olives, a few pieces of chicken, a few pieces of ham and lite balsamic vinaigrette dressing)

Dinner: 1 can of Stagg chili, 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea,

Exercise: 2.75 hours of walking.

We had a big snow storm ( about 1 inch) today so we didn't to walk as much, most of the walking was done in the morning. I probably shouldn't have had the chili, but I hear there is some benefit I mean what do they say about beans being good for your heart? ;)

Back