Matt's Diary

Day 121

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: In Progress...

Weight: 252.4

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch:1 cup of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 regular chicken salad, 1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Salisbury steak), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottles of diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

Making great progress Matt. I'm guessing the walking would be getting much easier with all the weight loss to date?

Thanks, yes it is. When I was at my fattest if I walked for too long my back would start hurting.

This has been really enjoyable to read and very motivating!

I can't believe you try to walk 4 hours each day. That's so insane!

I'm glad to help! Yeah the walking is not really my choice, the dog makes me do it! lol

Day 122

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 250.6

Lunch:1 cup of turkey chili, 1/2 regular chicken salad, 1 piece of french baguette and 1 mini scone, all from Panera bread, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Steak and Roasted Potatoes), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Ok I'm calling it Goal 4 is achieved! It was a long road but we made it! Now on to goal 5! I'm sticking with 25 lbs. this time so my goal is to get to 225 lbs. Again I need to stay away from the samples though I was good about food at work.Someone put a muffin my desk and when no one was looking I threw it away!

Goal 4 :party:

Between the walking, the improved food choices and muffin chucking you'll be well on your way to Goal 5.

Day 123

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: ACHIEVED! Goal 4: ACHIEVED! Goal 5: In progress...

Weight: 250.2

Breakfast: 1/2 a cup of milk.

Snack: 1 banana.

Lunch: 1 roasted chicken breast and leg, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 dinner roll all from Golden Corral. 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV dinner(Steak and Roasted Potatoes), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Sorry this is late, I did more walking because my cars battery died. That's why I skipped breakfast for the most part.Usually the last day or so before payday my refrigerator gets barer and barer lol. I usually eat breakfast at work.

Last edited:
Goal 4 :party:

Between the walking, the improved food choices and muffin chucking you'll be well on your way to Goal 5.

Thanks! I also turned down a custard-filled doughnut yesterday and I ignored the free samples at Panera bread today!

Day 124

Weight: 249.8

Lunch:1 cup of turkey chili, 1/2 regular chicken salad, 1 piece of french baguette and 1 mini scone, all from Panera bread, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner(Country Herb Chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles of diet iced tea, 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.33 hours of walking.

Sorry for the lateness. It has been a busy day at work.Plus the site wouldn't let me post.

Last edited:
:party: 249.8!!!!!!:party:
I'm experimenting with the :party as it appears our smilies have been drastically reduced with the forum changes :( I hope that improves. Never apologise for being "late" posting. You post when you can & we all understand. Cheers, Cate

:party: 249.8!!!!!!:party:
I'm experimenting with the :party as it appears our smilies have been drastically reduced with the forum changes :( I hope that improves. Never apologise for being "late" posting. You post when you can & we all understand. Cheers, Cate

Thanks. Good point, I just don't want to get out of the habit of posting

Day 125

Weight: 249.4

Lunch:1 cup of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 regular chicken salad, 1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner(Country Fried Chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: .5 cups of diet iced tea, 4 bottled waters.

Exercise: 1.7 hours of walking.

I would have liked to walk more today but we had a huge rain storm.Also I was able to cut out a Pepsi from lunch, mainly b/c I ran out and did not want to go back out and buy one.However it worked out well since I think Pepsi does not pair well with salad.

I also want to point out that I forgot to delete the mini scone from yesterdays entry.I had a free sample like two days ago and forgot to delete it when I copied and pasted it, I can't figure out how to edit posts with this new system.

"I can't figure out how to edit posts with this new system."- Me either! Signatures seem to have disappeared too, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Like all changes some will be good, some not so good but we'll get used to it hopefully. The forum had seemed a little tired & maybe a bit clunky but I was used to it & liked it as it was. I must admit I'm going to like the "like" function, as it gives you a lazy way out.
I do want to celebrate you having one less Pepsi though Matt & the smileys just don't do it so.............
PARTY PARTY PARTY will just have to do! Well done!!

Day 126

Weight: 248.0

Lunch: 1 regular chicken salad, 1 piece of french baguette all from Panera bread.

Dinner: A few slices of ham, 1 side of broccoli, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 dinner roll from Kroger, 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottles of diet iced tea, 5 bottled waters.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Another great day, it has been good watching your gradual diet improvements, and some great weight loss progress ! :hurray:

Day 127

Weight: 247.6

Breakfast: A few pieces of diced cantaloupe, 1 cup of milk.

Lunch: 1 piece of ham (about 4-5 oz.), 1 bowl of cucumbers w/1-2 tbsp of Olive Garden lite Italian dressing.

Dinner: 1 roasted chicken thigh and 1/2 a chicken breast, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 2 slices of toast, and 2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 4-5 bottles of diet iced tea.

Exercise: 2.83 hours of walking.

Back