Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 234.8

Breakfast: 4 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 Yogurts, 1 Cup of Milk, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Fruit and Nut Salad, 1 Italian Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's Bowl ( Macaroni w/Shrimp).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 2.75 hours of Walking.

That's a long time to walk. Great work! Have you lost about 85 pounds or so since you started? Did you give up soda? You mentioned in an earlier post that this was a drink you were addicted to.

Today's Weight: 234.0

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 Pieces of Toast, 5 pieces of Bacon, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bowl of Watermelon, 1 small Garden Salad.

Dinner: 1 Box of Tempura Roll Sushi.

Snack: 7 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 3050

Exercise: 2.33 hours of Walking.

That's a long time to walk. Great work! Have you lost about 85 pounds or so since you started? Did you give up soda? You mentioned in an earlier post that this was a drink you were addicted to.

Thanks. I've actually lost a total of 140 lbs., but unfortunately I've gained some of it back. I gave up sodas for the most part though I may have some on the weekends.

Thanks. I've actually lost a total of 140 lbs., but unfortunately I've gained some of it back. I gave up sodas for the most part though I may have some on the weekends.

Are you currently losing weight or gaining it? Do you know what led you to start gaining weight again?

That's great you mostly gave up soda. Have you tried drinking crystal light as a substitute to eliminate it completely?

Today's Weight: 234.4

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 Pieces of Toast, 4 pieces of Bacon, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 2 Private Selection Milk Chocolates.

Lunch/Dinner: 2 pieces of Chicken, 1 side of Duchess Casserole, 1 side of Cole Slaw, 1 side of Spinach Supreme.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Are you currently losing weight or gaining it? Do you know what led you to start gaining weight again?

That's great you mostly gave up soda. Have you tried drinking crystal light as a substitute to eliminate it completely?

It's been slowly going back up. I think there are a lot of reasons though why. I'm trying to get back on track but its hard because I'm not working now and it's hard to keep a regular schedule.

Today's Weight: 234.2

Breakfast: 4 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 Yogurts.

Snack: 2 Carrot Nut Muffins.

Lunch/Dinner: 4 pieces of Chicken, 1 side of Duchess Casserole, 1 side of Cole Slaw.

Snack: 2 Carrot Nut Muffins, 2 cups of Coffee.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 3450

Exercise: 3.33 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 235.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Blueberry Muffin, 1 Bottle of Orange Juice.

Lunch: 1 Piece of Spinach Supreme.

Dinner: 1 Plate of Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, 1 Salad w/Ranch Dressing, 2 pieces of Garlic Bread, 1 piece of Pistachio Cheesecake.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 2950

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

I did pretty good, except for the Cheesecake and the soda.

Hey Matt, I am impressed with your faithful posting. Has it helped?

Are you happy in your maintenance? I ask because I am nearing maintenance and need to figure out how to do it.

Matt, you have made amazing progress. You've made a great achievement so far with the weight loss, and even if people haven't articulated this, it's likely you've inspired other people in your life. You don't want to slip back and undo all your progress.

Have you tried getting an agenda and writing out a schedule for the day? That might help.

Regarding sweets like Cheesecake and Soda, I think if you have been severely overweight it is best to change what you eat for the rest of your life and cut out these foods and drinks completely, forever. In general, I think our society should view such treats as as something to have on rare occasions to celebrate. By that, I mean a couple terms a year at a major holiday or a wedding ceremony, and not every day or weekend. At work, my boss sometimes brings in treats randomly for staff to express gratitude. I think this should stop and we should view treats at something special.

Today's Weight: 235.8

Breakfast: 2 Doughnuts, 1 Blueberry Cheese Danish, 1 Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sizzli, all from Wawa; 1 cup of Milk, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Snickers Bar, 1 Large Rice Crispy Treat.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Double Quarter Pounder Combo from McDonald's.

Snack: 1 piece of Strawberry Cheesecake.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 Large Can. Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 4450

Exercise: 3.75 hours of Walking.

I ate a lot of sweets today, I'm thinking about trying to cut them out completely, at least temporarily.

Hey Matt, I am impressed with your faithful posting. Has it helped?

Are you happy in your maintenance? I ask because I am nearing maintenance and need to figure out how to do it.

I think it has helped a little. I think maintenance is the hardest part. I was maintaining, then I slipped and I'm trying to lose again. One of the biggest problems was my routine was disrupted. I noticed most of my gains happened after I had my seizure and now with COVID-19 and being unemployed.

Matt, you have made amazing progress. You've made a great achievement so far with the weight loss, and even if people haven't articulated this, it's likely you've inspired other people in your life. You don't want to slip back and undo all your progress.

Have you tried getting an agenda and writing out a schedule for the day? That might help.

Regarding sweets like Cheesecake and Soda, I think if you have been severely overweight it is best to change what you eat for the rest of your life and cut out these foods and drinks completely, forever. In general, I think our society should view such treats as as something to have on rare occasions to celebrate. By that, I mean a couple terms a year at a major holiday or a wedding ceremony, and not every day or weekend. At work, my boss sometimes brings in treats randomly for staff to express gratitude. I think this should stop and we should view treats at something special.

You're right I definitely don't, want to undue my progress. I think keeping a schedule is a good idea, something I probably should do. It's harder now since I'm not working and being stuck at home. I hope when I get a new job it's not somewhere where people bring in sweets all the time!!

I ate a lot of sweets today, I'm thinking about trying to cut them out completely, at least temporarily.
Cutting them out completely has worked for me. With sweets and junk food I find abstinence easier than moderation. If you can do that it doesn't matter if people bring sweets into work, just say no.

Today's Weight: 237.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: 1 Bowl of Watermelon.

Lunch: 1 Greek Salad, 1 Italian Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's Bowls TV Dinner (Grilled Chicken Pesto Cavatelli).

Snack: 2 Yogurts; 2 cups of Coffee.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories:

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 237.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Greek Salad, 1 Italian Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's Bowls TV Dinner (Grilled Chicken Pesto Cavatelli).

Snack: 2 Yogurts; 2 cups of Coffee.

Estimated Calories:

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

I forgot to put the calorie amount: 2300.

Today's Weight: 235.8

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 4 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Steak and Cheese Sandwich, 1 Bag of Chips all from Panera Bread.

Dinner: 1 Box of Sushi (Tempura Roll).

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 1.75 hours of Walking.

I ate a little too much, and I wanted to walk more, but it's raining all week. I tried walking anyway but after 30 minutes I was soaking wet.

Back