Matt's Diary

its harder since I can't drive and I've been relying on Uber Eats.

You have overcome everything else, you will overcome this. Have you had anymore seizures ? how much longer before the doc will consider letting you drive again ?

...its harder since I can't drive and I've been relying on Uber Eats.
Wow - that makes things tricky! :( Lugging shopping home on foot is a real disincentive - as I know from experience, having been in that "food desert, no car available" situation. It really tilts the shopping away from good-nutrition-but-heavy foods, like (for example) oranges to onesthat are light to carry, but will last a while (like a kilo of rice) even if they're not great nutrition. I hope you can find better help than Uber Eats soon!

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 215.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 1 Banana, 1 Orange, 2 cups of Coffee.

Snack/Lunch: 2 Packets of Oatmeal.

Snack: 4 Yogurts, 1 Banana.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 2240

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

I'm still a little sick, but less sick then before. Usually when I'm sick I like to stick to soft foods like yogurt and soup.

You have overcome everything else, you will overcome this. Have you had anymore seizures ? how much longer before the doc will consider letting you drive again ?

Luckily no. In Virginia (and probably most of the US) if you have a seizure, you can't drive for 6 months. So I have another 3.5 months left, then I go see a Doctor who will submit something to the DMV stating I haven't had a seizure in 6 months. Of course I need a car also.

Wow - that makes things tricky! :( Lugging shopping home on foot is a real disincentive - as I know from experience, having been in that "food desert, no car available" situation. It really tilts the shopping away from good-nutrition-but-heavy foods, like (for example) oranges to onesthat are light to carry, but will last a while (like a kilo of rice) even if they're not great nutrition. I hope you can find better help than Uber Eats soon!

Thanks! Yeah I live in an suburban area that's very "car dependent", there's no real public transportation which sucks.

Today's Weight: 214.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Apple, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 2 Bowls of Soup, A few Crackers.

Snack: 1 Banana.

Dinner: 1/2 of a Rotisserie Chicken, 4 servings of a Duchess Potato Casserole.

Snack: 3 Strips of Bacon.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2400

Exercise: 2 hours of Walking.

I did okay except I didn't do as much walking

I feel really strongly that public transport is a significant government responsibility - it's especially bad in rural areas in Australia, but some of the newer suburbs also miss out. What sort of food-shopping is close enough to you to walk to?

Today's Weight: 214.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Build your Own Plate ( w/Kung Pao Chicken, Broccoli and Beef, String Bean Chicken, 1/2 side of Chow Mein, some White Rice) all from Panda Express.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce), 2 pieces of Garlic Toast.

Estimated Calories: 2760

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

I feel really strongly that public transport is a significant government responsibility - it's especially bad in rural areas in Australia, but some of the newer suburbs also miss out. What sort of food-shopping is close enough to you to walk to?

Just Wawa and an Aldi which is a little further.

Today's Weight: 214.6

Breakfast: 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, 1 Hash brown, 1 Small orange Juice, 1.5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: Shrimp Linguine Alfredo,1 side of Boiled Scallops, 1 side of Cole Slaw, 1 side of Green Beans, A few Cheddar Biscuits, all from Red Lobster.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 3300

Exercise: 4.25 hours of Walking.

I imagine it becomes very costly very quickly ordering in all the time - I wonder if your Aldi is the same as our Aldi in the UK. It's super, super cheap here!

It's the fresh fruit and vegies that can be weighty when hauling it all by foot - but tinned tuna is very diety, and pretty light. Maybe you could see what Aldi's has in that line?
(As a vegetarian trying to be thinner, I get very envious of people who can take advantage of fish-eating - such a great way to get protein without fat!)

.... I live in an suburban area that's very "car dependent", there's no real public transportation...
do you could have a friend you could invite as your guest for lunch ... at a restaurant near your grocery store?

if you do get a chance to shop, think about overshopping and target some direct-2-freezer stuff. for example, regardless of what else i buy, i usually pick up at least a lb or two of ground beef. when i get home, it gets made into hamburger patties and right into the freezer in 2 or 3-packs.

Last edited:

Today's Weight: 215.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast.

Snack: 3 Cupcakes.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Rock Bottom Classic Burger w/ Bacon, 1 side of Fries 2 Glasses of Dr. Pepper all from Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 3400

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

I was bored so I decided to go to the mall. I've been looking at past entries and noticed that when I switched from having a cheat day on Sunday to Saturday is when I really started gaining weight, mainly because I was so used to Sunday I would often screw up and eat junk on both days so I decided to go back to Sunday.

It's the fresh fruit and vegies that can be weighty when hauling it all by foot - but tinned tuna is very diety, and pretty light. Maybe you could see what Aldi's has in that line?
(As a vegetarian trying to be thinner, I get very envious of people who can take advantage of fish-eating - such a great way to get protein without fat!)

Well luckily I can do my grocery shopping after work since there is a store nearby. I tell my ride I need to go shopping and they'll take me to the store so I don't need to walk to the store

Today's Weight: 215.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 1 Banana, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Large Salad, 1 Orange, 1 Banana, 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/Kale Soup.

Snack: 1 Cookie, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3.75 hours of Walking.

Moving the cheat day back to Sunday paid off since I didn't gain much weight. I've been feeling better, though unfortunately Misty decided to keep my up at night and I was having to take her out at 5 am! Also I felt bad because I accidentally stepped on the paw of one of my Stalker Cats (Copy Cat #3). Luckily he forgave me! :)

Today's Weight: 215.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Bananas, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Large Salad, 1 Orange, 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/Kale Soup.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken).

Estimated Calories: 2350

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

Back