Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 215.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad, 1 Can of Vegetable Soup, 1 Apple, 2 Oranges.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2320

Exercise: 3.25 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 215.0

Breakfast: 4 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad, 1 Can of Vegetable Soup, 1 Apple, 2 Oranges.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce).

Snack: 2 Bags of Chips.

Estimated Calories: 2380

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 215.4

Lunch: 1 Build your own plate (Beijing Beef, Honey Walnut Shrimp, 1 side of Chow Mein), 1 Fortune Cookie all from Panda Express.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Estimated Calories: 2800

Today's Weight: 215.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Banana, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad, 1 Can of Vegetable Soup, 2 Apples.

Snack: 3 Cookies.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Octopus Stew, 1 slice of Basque Cheesecake.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters., 3 Cocktails, 1 Shooter.

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

My birthday is Sunday so I decided to go out to eat somewhere Friday and Saturday. I went to this small place and had Octopus stew which was pretty spicy lol, then I was going to try to avoid dessert but relented and has a slice of Cheesecake which i thought wasn't as bad since the type they served didn't have a crust.

... Packets of Oatmeal...
i notice you burn through a lot of these packets. if time is a constraint for you i can understand, but have you ever tried steel cut oatmeal? it takes a bit longer to prepare... about 25 minutes after the water boils, but i like the crunchier texture vs instant oats and it's apparently a bit more nutritious. i also sometimes dice up a bit of apple and throw in a dash of cinnamon as i remember eating some of those flavored packs a few times in the past. when berries are on sale, they also make a good addition to flavor oatmeal.

HBD, btw... :)

Today's Weight: 216.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, Sausage, Egg and Cheese McMuffin, 2 Hashbrowns, 1 cup of Orange Juice, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 1/4 lb. Hot Dog, 1 Cinnamon Roll, 1 Doughnut, all from Wawa.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Calamari, 1 plate of Fried Oysters w/Black Eyed Peas.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper, 1.5 Cocktails, 3 White Claws.

Estimated Calories: 3850

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

I did better than previous Saturdays, kind of a crap day which sucked because it was the day before my birthday. I felt awful most of the day though I felt good enough to go out later on. I was planning on going to a restaurant I had heard good things about, and I was in the mood for seafood. But unfortunately I had to get ready, walk the dog and my Uber cancelled and I had to get another driver. By the time I got there it was 10 pm and they told me the kitchen was closed, which was odd since it said they closed at 12 am on their website. So I had to get an Uber somewhere else and had some appetizers for dinner.

i notice you burn through a lot of these packets. if time is a constraint for you i can understand, but have you ever tried steel cut oatmeal? it takes a bit longer to prepare... about 25 minutes after the water boils, but i like the crunchier texture vs instant oats and it's apparently a bit more nutritious. i also sometimes dice up a bit of apple and throw in a dash of cinnamon as i remember eating some of those flavored packs a few times in the past. when berries are on sale, they also make a good addition to flavor oatmeal.

HBD, btw... :)

I usually have 2 or 4 packets. I think I may have tried them in the past, I didn't notice much of a difference in taste though. Thanks for the B-day wish!

Today's Weight: 217.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts.

Lunch/Dinner: A few pieces of Bread, 1 House Salad w/Parmesan Dressing, 1 Bowl of Shrimp and Sacllop Linguine Alla Vodka, 1/2 of a Cappuccino, 1 bowl of Pumpkin Bread pudding all from Carrabbas.

Miscellaneous: 2 glasses of Dr. Pepper, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 217.6

Lunch: 1 Hot Dog, 1 Can of Soup, A few Crackers, 3 Apples.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

Estimated Calories: 2360

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

I did okay though I should have avoided the hot dog. Lately Misty has been keeping me up at night. I'll take her for our nightly walk then afterward get ready for bed. As soon as I turn the light off she starts pacing, will scratch the carpet, or will start licking the carpet. The only thing that gets her to stop is to take her back out. Unfortunately she does this at 4 am!

Hi, Matt. Is Misty having digestion problems? Does she chew grass when you take her out? You poor thing. We all need a good night's sleep :(

Today's Weight: 218.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/ Chicken and Vinaigrette Dressing, 1 Can of Soup, 1 Apple, 2 Oranges.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Estimated Calories: 2400

Hi, Matt. Is Misty having digestion problems? Does she chew grass when you take her out? You poor thing. We all need a good night's sleep :(

Not lately. I know when she is because she'll lick the carpet then I'll take her out and she'll eat grass for 30-40 minutes, poop and then she'll be fine. Recently she'll just lick the carpet and then when I take her out she'll go out like normal. I don't know if it's anxiety due to her dementia, or boredom. Luckily last night, she didn't do that.

Sounds like doggy dementia then. Our little dog used to walk around in circles, stop & then walk back to her bed & back to sleep. I do miss her!

Back