Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 212.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Can of Soup, 2 Apples, A few Crackers.

Snack: 1 Soft Pretzel w/o Salt

Dinner: 1 Cobb Salad.

Miscellaneous: 6 Bottled Waters, 3 Cocktails, 1 Shooter, 1 White Claw.

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 3.5 hours of Walking.

I did fairly well, though I probably had more alcohol than I should have though in my defense, I did space it out. I went to a meetup event after work, and it was kind of lame so I stayed an hour, had dinner (since a lot of the food served was packed with calories) and left. I did a lot of walking between drinks and had water.

I forgot I had ice cream w/ a waffle cone so the calorie should read 3200.

Today's Weight: 210.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 Cinnamon Bun, 1 Boston Creme Doughnut, 1 Sweet Cream Croissant.

Lunch: 2 Hot Dogs.

Dinner: 1 Hamburger, w/ A few Steak Fries.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 2 20 oz Cherry Cokes, 1 Cocktail, 2.5 White Claws.

Estimated Calories: 4250

Exercise: 3.75 hours of Walking.

My weight went down which was good, unfortunately I got a little excited and had some things that were packed with calories. I walked to the WaWa to get the doughnuts and hot dogs, and ate the doughnuts while walking, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Today's Weight: 213.6

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 4 Yogurts.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Lunch: 1/2 Chef Salad, A few pieces of Sushi (Eel Roll).

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Baked Spaghetti.

Snack: 4 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 3300

Exercise: 3.25 hours of Walking.

I was doing well until I broke down and got cupcakes. I saw them while shopping, unfortunately for me they were pumpkin spice.

Today's Weight: 214.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Bagel, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad, 1 Can of Clam Chowder soup, 2 Apples, 1 Orange.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce), 2 pieces of Garlic Toast.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4.5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2500

Exercise: 2 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 215.0

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Bagels, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: Bowl of Spaghetti w/Marinara Sauce, 1 Can of Vegetable soup, 2 Oranges.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meat Loaf).

Estimated Calories: 2450

My weight went up which sucked, also sometime during the weekend I got blisters on my feet that hurt like hell. Which makes walking a bit more painful.

:( Sorry that you're not getting the results you deserve - and also about the blisters. Might it be a good idea to not walk until they've healed? You could do some kind of exercise which doesn't need you to be on your feet - lying-down exercises? I'm a great believer in giving things a chance to heal.

Breakfast: 2 Bagels, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: Bowl of Spaghetti w/Marinara Sauce, 1 Salad, A few pieces of Shrimp, 2 Oranges.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow-Roasted Beef).

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 2.2 hours of Walking.

The weight still not going down, I think it could be that I ate some Spaghetti someone gave me or it could be the bagels.

:( Sorry that you're not getting the results you deserve - and also about the blisters. Might it be a good idea to not walk until they've healed? You could do some kind of exercise which doesn't need you to be on your feet - lying-down exercises? I'm a great believer in giving things a chance to heal.

I would, but my dog needs her walks

Today's Weight: 215.6

Breakfast: 1 Bagel, 2 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: Can of Chicken and Dumpling Soup, 1 Salad, 2 Apples.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce).

Estimated Calories: 2250

Exercise: 2 hours of Walking.

Well even though my weight went up a bit, I'm back on track, I cut down calories though I did have pasta for dinner, I'm going to try to cut back on that if I do have pasta have something like zucchini noodles. Unfortunately my dog didn't want to walk much so I did some walking instead. Also I should note that it's the three year anniversary of when I achieved my initial weight loss goal, now if only I can get back to it!

I'm back on track, I cut down calories though I did have pasta for dinner, I'm going to try to cut back on that if I do have pasta have something like zucchini noodles. Unfortunately my dog didn't want to walk much so I did some walking instead. Also I should note that it's the three year anniversary of when I achieved my initial weight loss goal, now if only I can get back to it!
Good to see you are back on track. I think you need to let your feet heal a bit before doing a lot more walking.

It maybe 3 years since you hit your original goal, and I know you are about 15 lbs over that now. I do hope you reach your new goal, and I have confidence you will. However don't lose sight of the fact that you are still more than 100 lbs below where you were just 4 years ago. That is a great accomplishment!

Today's Weight: 214.6

Snack: 1 Cookie.

Lunch: 1 Build your own Plate w/2 Half sides (Incl. Shanghai Angus Steak, Beef and Broccoli, 1/2 Chow Mein, 1/2 Super Greens), 1 Fortune Cookie all from Panda Express.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Good to see you are back on track. I think you need to let your feet heal a bit before doing a lot more walking.

It maybe 3 years since you hit your original goal, and I know you are about 15 lbs over that now. I do hope you reach your new goal, and I have confidence you will. However don't lose sight of the fact that you are still more than 100 lbs below where you were just 4 years ago. That is a great accomplishment!

Thanks! Actually I'm about 35 lbs. over my final goal, though I'd be happy w/ 190 or 195 at this point.

Today's Weight: 214.6

Snack: 1 Cookie.

Lunch: 1 Build your own Plate w/2 Half sides (Incl. Shanghai Angus Steak, Beef and Broccoli, 1/2 Chow Mein, 1/2 Super Greens), 1 Fortune Cookie all from Panda Express.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

I forgot to put 2 cocktails and 2 Bud Lights

Today's Weight: 213.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Big Breakfast w/Hotcakes from McDonald's, 3 cups of Coffee.

Snack: A few Free Samples 3 Chocolate Chip Cookies, 1 small candy Bar.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bacon Cheeseburger, 1 side of Fries all from TGI Fridays.

Snack: 1 Bowl of Mexican Fried Ice Cream.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke,1 Hard Cider, 2 Bourbon and Cokes, 2.5 White Claws.

Estimated Calories: 4400

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 Cinnamon Muffin w/Cream Cheese.

Lunch/Dinner: 2 Fish Tacos, 1 Shrimp Tacos, 1 side of Patatas Bravas, A few Tortilla Chips all from Casa Del Barco.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 1 Large Bottled Water, 1 Latte, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke,1 bottle of Gatorade.

Estimated Calories: 3100

I did okay today though I had a little too much sweets.

Hi, Matt. I'm glad I don't like cupcakes or sweet soda. I lost the taste for sweet stuff (except for fruit, which I am cutting down on) years ago thank goodness. I started doing intermittent fasting, a week ago, only eating in an 8-hour "window". Mine is from 12-8 pm. I feel so much better already & have lost a little. I feel much better mentally & physically. I think you would only have to switch around what you eat & drink & the weight would come tumbling down again. Have you gone back in your diary to see what worked best for you, Matt? Your weight-loss was so consistent. I know you won't give up. I find it scary how my weight had started creeping up a year ago.

Today's Weight: 215.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Cobb Salad, 2 Oranges.

Snack: 1 Free Sample, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Estimated Calories: 2460

Hi, Matt. I'm glad I don't like cupcakes or sweet soda. I lost the taste for sweet stuff (except for fruit, which I am cutting down on) years ago thank goodness. I started doing intermittent fasting, a week ago, only eating in an 8-hour "window". Mine is from 12-8 pm. I feel so much better already & have lost a little. I feel much better mentally & physically. I think you would only have to switch around what you eat & drink & the weight would come tumbling down again. Have you gone back in your diary to see what worked best for you, Matt? Your weight-loss was so consistent. I know you won't give up. I find it scary how my weight had started creeping up a year ago.

Your lucky! I've always had a bit of a sweet tooth, I remember as a kid I once I stole some cake icing from our pantry and ate it! I usually try not to eat after 7-8. Even on days when I cheat I rarely eat after 6. I think it's mainly there's the fact that I'm walking less because Misty is getting very old. I might start walking by myself and ask the doctor if I can start weight lifting again.

Back