Matt's Diary

Hi, Matt. I'm cutting down my calories & keeping track again too. Well done on getting those scales moving in the right direction again Soon you'll be under 210 again :) Is Misty ok?

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 211.0

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken, 1 side of Fried Rice, 1/2 side of Cole Slaw, 2 Bags of Chips, 2 Apples.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce), 2 slices of Garlic Toast.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2510

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

I think I ate a little too much today. I decided I wanted something different for lunch at the last minute and ordered through Doordash. I think I ate too fast bc/ I felt sick afterward.

Hi, Matt. I'm cutting down my calories & keeping track again too. Well done on getting those scales moving in the right direction again Soon you'll be under 210 again :) Is Misty ok?

Thanks, unfortunately it started moving in the wrong direction again. TBH, I'm a little worried about her. I've noticed she'll get more anxious at night (ie: panting, pacing, licking the floor). She's also had more accidents; I've found poop near her bed. :(

Poor Misty. She's getting on in years now. She's a lucky dog having someone who cares for her so much :grouphug:

Today's Weight: 211.4

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Soba Noodle Broth bowl, 1 small Strawberry Poppyseed salad, all from Panera.

Snack: 2 Bags of Chips.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Snack: 1/4 of a Large Yogurt.

Estimated Calories: 2150

Exercise: 2.75 Hours of Walking.

My weight went up so I ate a little less today. Also I had a follow-up neurologist appointment. They don't think I have Epilepsy, though they want to keep me on this prescription b/c they think there is a possibility I may have another seizure. It looks like I may have to take it for a year and if nothing happens then they'll ween me off of it. I have another appt. in 5 months, which hopefully nothing will happen and I'll be cleared to drive again.

She is, she's about 13-14. At least she's doing fairly well physically and doesn't seem to have much problem walking.
Cate's right she is a lucky dog, to have lived that long and still be walking she has been well cared for. Our Walker made it to about 14 1/2 years. That was about 5 or 6 years ago, I still miss that dog.

Also I had a follow-up neurologist appointment. They don't think I have Epilepsy, though they want to keep me on this prescription b/c they think there is a possibility I may have another seizure. It looks like I may have to take it for a year and if nothing happens then they'll ween me off of it. I have another appt. in 5 months, which hopefully nothing will happen and I'll be cleared to drive again.
Good news that they don't think it's epilepsy, Matt.

Today's Weight: 210.4

Breakfast: 1/4 of a Large Yogurt, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Chicken Tortellini Pasta, 1 small Seasonal Greens salad, 1 Apple all from Panera.

Snack: A few Crackers, 3 Yogurts.

Dinner: 3 Scallops w/Rice Grits and Kale, 3 pieces of Banana Bread w/Cream Cheese Mousse and Salted Caramel, 1 Old Fashioned.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Rum and Diet Coke.

Estimated Calories: 3100

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Since the side effects of the medication have been dying down a bit I decided to go out again. I went out to eat and tried to do good, but broke down and had dessert. The doctor said I could drink, but not to overdo it so I only had 2 drinks.

Cate's right she is a lucky dog, to have lived that long and still be walking she has been well cared for. Our Walker made it to about 14 1/2 years. That was about 5 or 6 years ago, I still miss that dog.

Thanks. I don't blame you, before I had Misty, I had a sweet little beagle that died of cancer about 10 years ago. I still miss her.

Hey Matt, it looks like your weight is moving in the right direction again. Good for you.
The doctor said I could drink, but not to overdo it so I only had 2 drinks.
I think your doctor's advice on this is good, probably good for all of us!

Keep up the good work.

Today's Weight: 211.4

Breakfast: 8 Yogurts, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 piece of Chicken McNugget meal, w/1 side of Medium French Fries, 1 Medium Dr. Pepper.

Snack: 2 Small Snickers Bars.

Dinner: 1 Piece of Fried Chicken w/gravy, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Spinach, 1 Butter cake w/ a side of Ice Cream, 1 Old Fashioned.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Rum and Diet Coke 1 20 oz. Bottle of Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 4000

I was going to avoid for McDonald's but unfortunately I failed. Unfortunately McDonald's is the closest place to where I work, like walking distance. At least I didn't do as bad as before, though I went out to eat later on.

Today's Weight: 212.8

Breakfast: 9 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast.

Lunch/Dinner: 2 Hot Dogs, 1 Large Can of Pepsi, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Snack: 1 Cinnamon Roll, 1 Lemon Muffin, 1 Sweet Cheese Croissant.

Miscellaneous: NA

Estimated Calories: 4050

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Ugh I didn't plan on eating so many calories. Especially since I didn't eat a lot of items.

Today's Weight: 214.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Steak and Arugula Sandwich, 1 Bag of Chips all from Panera.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow Roasted Beef).

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 213.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of ten Vegetable Soup, 1 small Seasonal Greens salad, 1 French Baguette all from Panera.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2950

Today's Weight: 213.0

Breakfast: 1/4 of a Large Yogurt, 4 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Smoked Brisket Keto Bowl from Qdoba.

Snack: 1 Bag of Popcorn, 1 Cookie A few Crackers.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 2.75 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 213.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Vinaigrette Dressing, 1/2 lb. of California Broccoli Salad, 1/2 lb. of Seafood Salad.

Snack: A few Crackers.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 2.75 hours of Walking.

Ugh I'm trying to cut down on calories but can't seem to do it. Part of the problem is I think the medication is making me hungrier also I've been getting new type of yogurt that has twice as much calories as the type I've eaten before.

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3.5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salmon Salad w/a Hard Boiled Egg Vinaigrette Dressing, 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/ Kale Soup, 1 Bag of Grapes.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Bags of Chips.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Chicken Garlic).

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 213.4

Breakfast: 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, 1 Hash Brown, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/ Kale Soup, 1 Bag of Chips, A few Grapes.

Snack: 1 Banana Nut Muffin, 1 Sweet Cheese Croissant.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Fried Calamari.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 Old Fashioned, 2 Cans of White Claw.

Estimated Calories: 3300

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

Sorry for the late posting. Today is the 4 year anniversary of my journey and my diary. It'a been bumpy lately but it still should be worth noting. I did a lot better today than previous Saturdays I hope I can keep it up!

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3.5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salmon Salad w/a Hard Boiled Egg Vinaigrette Dressing, 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/ Kale Soup, 1 Bag of Grapes.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Bags of Chips.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Chicken Garlic).

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

I should not that the calorie count is incorrect. It was actually 2400.

Back