Matt's Diary

Hey Matt, that is an awful lot of $ for what you get, but I suppose its is necessary. On the health insurance thing I'd agree with Trusylver, except I live here...

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 210.8

Breakfast: 1 Large bowl of Diced Cantaloupe, 4 packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef/Swiss Sandwich, 2 Bags of Chips, 1 Orange, 1 Banana.

Snack: .75 Large Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow Roasted Beef).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2210

Exercise: 2.75 Hours of Walking.

Wow, $2000 so far for having a seizure randomly, and that’s with insurance? Hopefully you have an out of pocket maximum. :( So many people in this country are just walking around at risk of going broke and losing everything if they get sick.

Yeah sadly my insurance sucks. I do have some medical benefits from my car insurance, hopefully that will help. But I do agree.

Hey Matt, that is an awful lot of $ for what you get, but I suppose its is necessary. On the health insurance thing I'd agree with Trusylver, except I live here...

Yeah, hopefully I can pay with the medical benefits from my car insurance.

The US medical system is bonkers. People complain about ours, but really we are very lucky. I hope you don't get many more bills, Matt :(

Today's Weight: 210.6

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, .25 of a Large Yogurt,2 packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/4 of A Rotisserie Chicken, 1 piece of BBQ ribs, 1 side of Baked Beans, 1 side of Cole Slaw.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce), 2 pieces of Garlic Toast.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Diet Pepsi, 1 Diet Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 2250

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

I was running late so instead of bringing my lunch I decided to use DoorDash which was kind of a mistake lol. I decided to list the sides even though I would barely call them sides since the close slat was like 1 oz. Also I wish I could choose something other than soda so I just went with Diet Pepsi.

Sounds like a good day, although I'm sorry to hear that DoorDash was a letdown. I noticed that you've eaten Marie Callender's TV dinners recently, are they any good? I'm always looking for good frozen meals and lately I've been enjoying Evol meals.

Today's Weight: 210.4

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast ,2 packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef/Swiss Sandwich, 2 Bags of Chips, 1 Banana.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Roasted Garlic Chicken).

Snack: 1 Large Yogurt.

Estimated Calories: 2350

Exercise: 1.75 Hours of Walking.

Kind of a yucky rainy day, I hope this means it's going to start to cool down a bit. Usually it does, but this year its still hot. Honestly I can't wait until fall comes and having pumpkin spice everything.

Sounds like a good day, although I'm sorry to hear that DoorDash was a letdown. I noticed that you've eaten Marie Callender's TV dinners recently, are they any good? I'm always looking for good frozen meals and lately I've been enjoying Evol meals.

I think they're good, I've never heard of Evol though. How are they?

Today's Weight: 209.8

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast .25 of a Large Yogurt, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef/Swiss Sandwich, 2 Bags of Chips, 2 Bananas.

Snack: Various free Samples, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

I ate a little more than usual which was surprising bc/ my stomach felt awful for most of the day.

Today's Weight: 209.8

Breakfast: 1 Breakfast Sampler (2 Pancakes, 4 Strips of Bacon, 2 Pieces of Sausage, 2 Fried Eggs, 1 side of Hashbrowns) all from IHOP, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Signature Whiskey-Glazed Burger, 1 side of French Fries, 1 piece of Red Velvet Cake, 1 Large Dr. Pepper, all from TGIFridays.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 16.9 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 4700

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

Hey Matt,

I have been trying read the diaries of folks like you who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off. I am hoping a better understanding of other's stories will help me. So I have a few questions, I hope you don't mind.

• What do you attribute your weight loss to? Diet, exercise or both. It looks to me like you do a lot of exercise, enough to more than counteract your calorie intake.
  • Did you ever and do you still binge? How do you manage that?
  • What did you do before you started here? How has you diet and exercise changed?
  • How long have you been overweight?
  • I thought I read that you once weighed more than the 320 start here, but could not find it, is that right?
  • What do you attribute your weight problem to?
  • I know you have been up and down a bit, but losing over 100 lbs and keeping most of it off for 3+ years is a real achievement, what do you attribute your success to?

I hope you don't consider these questions too intrusive, but you are a real role model for me, knowing more about you could help me.

Today's Weight: 211.8

Breakfast: 7 Yogurts.

Snack: 1 Bag of Chips.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Cinnamon Roll, 1 Lemon Muffin, 1/2 Meatball Sub, 5 Chicken Strips, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke all from Wawa.

Miscellaneous: NA

Estimated Calories: 3600

Exercise: 4.25 Hours of Walking.

Ugh, I ate more than I had planned on, I shouldn't have went to Wawa. I figured since I walked there I'd get some exercise to offset what I was eating, but I doubt it worked out that way.

Hey Matt,

I have been trying read the diaries of folks like you who have lost a lot of weight and kept it off. I am hoping a better understanding of other's stories will help me. So I have a few questions, I hope you don't mind.

• What do you attribute your weight loss to? Diet, exercise or both. It looks to me like you do a lot of exercise, enough to more than counteract your calorie intake.
  • Did you ever and do you still binge? How do you manage that?
  • What did you do before you started here? How has you diet and exercise changed?
  • How long have you been overweight?
  • I thought I read that you once weighed more than the 320 start here, but could not find it, is that right?
  • What do you attribute your weight problem to?
  • I know you have been up and down a bit, but losing over 100 lbs and keeping most of it off for 3+ years is a real achievement, what do you attribute your success to?

I hope you don't consider these questions too intrusive, but you are a real role model for me, knowing more about you could help me.

Don't worry your questions aren't intrusive!

- I would say both diet and exercise. I cut down on junk food and did a lot of walking, luckily I have a spoiled hound that likes to go on long walks.
- I do mainly on the weekends I try to control it but lately it hasn't worked. Unfortunately since I can't drive I'm dependent on delivery (either places that deliver or apps like Doordash) some of the places I liked going to don't deliver.
- I ate a lot of junk food!! I ate fast food for lunch sometimes dinner. I also drank quite a bit of Pepsi. I still walked, but I would cut to short to my dogs chagrin. I started off gradually cutting down on the soda, then cutting down on fried, fast food.
- I've been overweight most of my life, I think I started gaining in college. I'm not sure how much I weighed I just remember having to get bigger pants!
- When I started I was 320, but I remember at one point I was 357.
- Lack of exercise at least before I got my dog, and a love of pizza and fast food! I also had a habit of eating while bored.
- Oh I'm not sure I guess I switched bad habits with better habits!

Back