Matt's Diary

Hey Matt, you do a lot of walking, I think that is a good form of exercise. I used to walk a lot, but my weight has done too much damage to my feet and knees for that now.

What is your goal 7A? In your signature block it says you are in weight maintenance, is that it?

Yeah I do, though a lot less these days. Most of my walking comes from walking my dog and because she is old, she's starting to slow down. My goal was just maintenance but I put another goal up since I gained some weight back.

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 204.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 3 bags of Chips.

Dinner: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken meal w/2 sides (1 side of Mashed Potatoes and 1 side of Steamed Broccoli), 2 Zucchini Muffins.

Snack: 1 Apple

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 3 Cocktails, 1 Rum and Diet Coke.

Estimated Calories: 3600

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

I had to work late, so I went to Arby's to eat. I didn't get a muffin, so they gave me two. Anyway I hope everyone in the US has a happy Memorial Day weekend!!

Today's Weight: 205.4

Breakfast: 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, 2 Hash browns, all from McDonald's, 2 Doughnuts, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 12 Chicken Nuggets w/Polynesian Sauce, 1 Large order of Waffle Fries, 1 Large Cherry Coke all from Chic-Fil-A.

Snack: 4 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 3 Cocktails, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 4850

Wow I really ate a lot today! I know I've said this before, but I'm going to start making more of an effort to get my weight back down. My clothes are starting to get tighter and I really don't want to have to buy new clothes again.

You can do it !!

you have made tremendous progress and been soooo consistent I think you will be able to reverse this gain without any serious problems.

:iagree: with Tru. You can do it, Matt. Cut down on the extras you have added in the last few months & you'll nip it in the bud. Maintenance is much harder than the losing phase I find, but we can do it!

Don’t let this get you down man..everyone has bad days and set backs..it’s VERY easy to fall back into old habits and gain weight..I admire that you put up your diet even though you slipped and are holding yourself accountable..you got this !

Today's Weight: 206.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts.

Lunch: 1 Taziki's Feast Meal (Beef w/Horseradish, 1 side of Roast Potatoes, 1 side Salad, 1 piece of Pita), 1 Baklava, 2 Dr. Peppers all from Taziki's.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan).

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottles of Gatorade.

Estimated Calories: 3250

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I ate a little too much today, I could have done without the Baklava and the Soda. Maybe the Gatorade, though it was so hot today I'm not sure. BTW, thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

I rarely say that the average person needs gatorade... It really depends on your intensity level and length of your exercise session. If you are in a weight loss phase, try to use a lower calorie gatorade or use a water flavour that you can add to a water bottle. Many of these have artificial sweeteners with zero calories, so you just have to find which ones you prefer and that help you drink water when it's hot!

Today's Weight: 207.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Toasted Tuscan Grilled Chicken Sandwich, 1 cup of Summer Corn Chowder, 1 piece of French Baguette, 1 Bottle of Lemonade all from Panera.

Snack: A few Free Samples, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow Roasted Beef).

Miscellaneous:

Estimated Calories: 2400

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 207.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters

Estimated Calories: 2400

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I think I'm getting sick, I felt like crap and I was stuffed up. I hope I'll feel better soon. Henry the Stalker Cat getting on my nerves, he keeps chasing another one of the cats. I wish they would get a long!

Today's Weight: 204.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Packages of Ramen Noodles.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Bottle of Diet Lemonade.

Estimated Calories: 3020

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

I'm still feeling sick I had some noodles bc I was in the mood for soup.

Today's Weight: 206.6

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2360

Today's Weight: 204.8

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Won Ton Soup, 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: A few Cheese Cubes, A few Small Pastries.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Bottle of Beer

Estimated Calories: 2950

I'm still a little sick though I felt a little better so I went to a meetup I had planned on going before.

Today's Weight: 205.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Steak and Cactus Guiso (A Mexican Stew), 1 side of Chicken Tinga, 1 side of Fried Rice, 1 side of Refried Beans, 1 small Tortillas, 1 piece of Cafe Leche Cake.

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 bottle of Dr. Pepper, 1 bottle of Ginger Ale, 2 Cocktails, 1 Rum and Diet Coke.

Estimated Calories: 3500

Exercise: 1.5 Hours of Walking.

I did much better today, then the past Saturdays. Instead of fast food, I decided to this Mexican place that just opened near where I work. I would have liked to walk more but lately Misty hasn't wanted to walk as much. She'll want to go out than when I take her out she'll go back in.

Reactions: PLB

Today's Weight: 205.2

Breakfast: 6 Yogurts.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bowl of Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, 1 Salad w/ Ranch Dressing, 2 pieces of Garlic Toast, 1 Pepsi.

Snack: 1 slice of Cake, 6 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water.

Estimated Calories: 2700

I did a lot better this weekend. I went to the place I usually go to to get pizza, but got Spaghetti instead. I probably should have got just regular marinara but oh well.

Hey Matt, did you have any loose skin problems? What did you do if anything? Have they gotten better at all? I'm seeing some but honestly not as much as I expected but I've still got about 40 pounds to go. I've already lost about 100 from my heaviest. Thanks.

Today's Weight: 204.8

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Well this is the first Monday that my weight actually went down from the weekend which is a good thing. A pretty good Monday, though I could have done without the cookies.

Hey Matt, did you have any loose skin problems? What did you do if anything? Have they gotten better at all? I'm seeing some but honestly not as much as I expected but I've still got about 40 pounds to go. I've already lost about 100 from my heaviest. Thanks.

Hi! I do have some loose skin but not really a crazy amount. I don't think it will go away. I thought that unless I got surgery there wasn't much I could do. Good luck!

Back