Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 206.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs,.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich, 3 bags of Chips, 1 Banana.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf and Gravy).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

Of course, my weight went up, I did okay today except for the Dr. Pepper. I was going to walk more, but it started raining.

I decided to make some chicken salad since I had some left over cans of chicken lying around. It actually turned out pretty good, though I didn't realize how high in calories it was!

Yes the calories can quickly go up once you start adding sauces and dressings (especially if they are creamy). Nothing wrong with having them, you might just have to be more careful about portions.

I'm curious, have you adjusted your caloric intake based on your new, lower weight? And I was also thinking that if you replaced a couple of things with fruits and/or veggies throughout the day, you might be able to reduce your caloric intake while still feeling full after eating... Just a thought, but it can be really helpful replacing some of the more calorie dense foods with foods that have fewer calories (and more nutrients) per similar volume.

For example, as a snack, instead of having 2 yogurts, maybe have 1 yogurt and one small apple? Or maybe replace one of your toast slices with some fruit at breakfast?

I don't mean to barge in and tell you what to do, since you've done really well with your weight loss, but it was just something I noticed.

Today's Weight: 206.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham, Roast beef and Cheese Sandwich, 3 bags of Chips, 1/2 Banana.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Honey Roasted Turkey).

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Yes the calories can quickly go up once you start adding sauces and dressings (especially if they are creamy). Nothing wrong with having them, you might just have to be more careful about portions.

I'm curious, have you adjusted your caloric intake based on your new, lower weight? And I was also thinking that if you replaced a couple of things with fruits and/or veggies throughout the day, you might be able to reduce your caloric intake while still feeling full after eating... Just a thought, but it can be really helpful replacing some of the more calorie dense foods with foods that have fewer calories (and more nutrients) per similar volume.

For example, as a snack, instead of having 2 yogurts, maybe have 1 yogurt and one small apple? Or maybe replace one of your toast slices with some fruit at breakfast?

I don't mean to barge in and tell you what to do, since you've done really well with your weight loss, but it was just something I noticed.

Don't worry at this point any advice is good. I have started eating more bananas I can probably pick up a few apples today at the grocery store.

Don't worry at this point any advice is good. I have started eating more bananas I can probably pick up a few apples today at the grocery store.

Most people don't get enough fruit and veg in their daily diet, so it's often something I look for in someone's food log. I know for myself, I crave salty foods, which are often higher in calories. So something that I've been trying to do is when I'm hungry, especially between meals, I'll try to remember to have some fruit or veggies first. Often that satisfies the hunger and I don't crave other things, or I can just be good with a smaller amount of the "salty" snack. In the end, it's healthier and lower in calories!

Today's Weight: 204.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich, 3 bags of Chips.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Estimated Calories: 2370

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

I did better today! I also walked more.

Reactions: PLB

Today's Weight: 203.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple, 1 Bag of Grapes.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan).

Estimated Calories: 2600

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 203.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple, 1 Bag of Grapes.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 Small Hot Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2720

Exercise: 3.33 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 203.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple, 1 Bag of Grapes.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow Roasted Beef).

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 2 Cocktails, 3 Bourbon and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

Kind of a bad day today. Also I would have liked to walk more. I was hoping for a full week without rain but that didn't pan out.

Today's Weight: 202.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Double Quarter Pounder w/Cheese 1 Large Order of Fries, 1 Large Dr. Pepper all from McDonald's.

Snack: 3 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 2 Cocktails, 3 Bourbon and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 4100

Today's Weight: 205.0

Breakfast/Lunch: 4 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, 1 Hash brown, 1 small cup of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 3 Slices of Pepperoni Pizza.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water, 2 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 4450

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I did poorly again today. I would have done better if I didn't eat the pizza or the cupcakes.

Hey Matt, it is good to see someone here who has lost over 100 lbs, that is no small accomplishment.

Like you I began at 320 lbs, but I just started last week so no weight loss success to report yet.

It looks to me like you are struggling a bit right now, what are you doing about it?

Best of luck.

Reactions: PLB

Today's Weight: 207.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Banana, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs , 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Snack: A few Free Samples.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Hey Matt, it is good to see someone here who has lost over 100 lbs, that is no small accomplishment.

Like you I began at 320 lbs, but I just started last week so no weight loss success to report yet.

It looks to me like you are struggling a bit right now, what are you doing about it?

Best of luck.

Thanks. I'm trying to cut back especially on cheat days but that hasn't worked out. Also I want to start exercising more since my dog is getting old and doesn't want to walk as much.

Today's Weight: 206.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs , 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana, 1 Apple.

Estimated Calories: 2550

Exercise: 3.33 Hours of Walking.

I did more walking which was good. It was a pretty good day, for a Tuesday. Though I was a little worried about Henry, the Stalker Cat. He seems a little thin, though I guess it could be the fact that he's a feral cat.

Today's Weight: 205.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs , 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Snack: Some Free Samples, 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow-Roasted Beef).

Estimated Calories: 2610

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

I wish I did more, walking but I had a headache, I think due to allergies. I had gotten a different type of allergy medicine but there are a lot of side effects it seems.

Hey Matt, you do a lot of walking, I think that is a good form of exercise. I used to walk a lot, but my weight has done too much damage to my feet and knees for that now.

What is your goal 7A? In your signature block it says you are in weight maintenance, is that it?

Today's Weight: 204.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Turkey and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Apple.

Estimated Calories: 2270

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Back