Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Wow Jonom! I am so thankful you put your info in your signature! I was wondering when I saw your last couple of entries what your starting weight was. I am so freaking amazed and proud of you I could dance! I truly am amazed, because losing weight is so so hard. I mean, I can't imagine how hard it was for you in the beginning to start, but if you're anything like me, I can't imagine the will power it takes. Everyone on here who has the willpower to overcome the excess weight they carry and get fitter is really a hero to me. I cry if I even think about having to change my diet. I cry if I even think about having to go exercise in a gym. I loath exercising in public in front of others, I am such a hermit. I truly only want to walk in nature, and do things outdoors in nature, and not be in an enclosed environment using machines. I can do it, but oh how I hate it. So for me, knowing what I will avoid, helps me realize that certain things will not work for me, I will avoid sweating like the plague. I will avoid gyms. So, controlling my eating and walking out in nature (while doing photography) works best for me, but that is so hard to do (changing my eating). You inspire me, and I hope to one day be able to say I accomplished as much as you have here with your weight loss.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Today's Weight: 194.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken and Balsamic Dressing, 1 Bowl of Minestrone w/Kale soup, A few Crackers.

Dinner: 1 Bowl of Creviche, 1 Charred Octopus Tentacle.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1/2 Beer, 1 Cocktail, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2920

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

I went to an event a local tv station was having and I don't really drink beer but they had made their own type of beer so I figured I'd try it. Afterwards I decided to go to a restaurant nearby, which I regretted bc it was expensive and the food was so hot I had a stomach ache for the rest of the night.

Wow Jonom! I am so thankful you put your info in your signature! I was wondering when I saw your last couple of entries what your starting weight was. I am so freaking amazed and proud of you I could dance! I truly am amazed, because losing weight is so so hard. I mean, I can't imagine how hard it was for you in the beginning to start, but if you're anything like me, I can't imagine the will power it takes. Everyone on here who has the willpower to overcome the excess weight they carry and get fitter is really a hero to me. I cry if I even think about having to change my diet. I cry if I even think about having to go exercise in a gym. I loath exercising in public in front of others, I am such a hermit. I truly only want to walk in nature, and do things outdoors in nature, and not be in an enclosed environment using machines. I can do it, but oh how I hate it. So for me, knowing what I will avoid, helps me realize that certain things will not work for me, I will avoid sweating like the plague. I will avoid gyms. So, controlling my eating and walking out in nature (while doing photography) works best for me, but that is so hard to do (changing my eating). You inspire me, and I hope to one day be able to say I accomplished as much as you have here with your weight loss.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks. I think it's a common problem that people don't want to exercise in public. Luckily my apt complex has a gym that's 24 hour access so I can go at 1 am if I want. My problem is forcing myself to actually go. I like walking in nature also.

Today's Weight: 193.6

Breakfast: 1 Yogurt, 3 Doughnuts, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Bacon Quarter Pounder Meal (incl, 1 Large order of French Fries and 1 Large Dr. Pepper.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes, 1 Parfait.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 Cocktail, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes, 1 shot of Fireball.

Estimated Calories: 4250

Exercise: 3 hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 194.4

Breakfast: 1 Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant, 1/2 Egg Veggie Stuffed Hash Brown, 2 Mini-Waffles, 1/2 Cup of Coffee all from Dash-In.

Lunch: 1 Hot Dog, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper all from Dash-In.

Snack: 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Dinner: 1 Taziki's Feast Meal (Beef Medallions, 1 side of Roast New Potatoes, 1 Side Salad and Pita Bread), 2 Cookies, 1 Lemonade all from Taziki's Grill.

Snack: 1 Large Cupcake.

Miscellaneous: 2 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 20 oz. Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 4150

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

I went a little crazy again, I didn't realize I ate so much even though I should have/

Today's Weight: 197.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Chick-In Bun sandwich, 1 cup of Seafood Gumbo, 1 bag of Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (BBQ Seasoned Steak w/Red Potatoes).

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 2.5 hours of Walking.

I don't know what it was, but I felt like crap today and my stomach was bothering me, not like a stomachache but like I was hungry I had to stop walking early and I had a late snack.

Hi Jonam,

I noticed you ate 7 yogurts and felt yucky, it could be from the sugar in the yogurt. I am not sure what kind you are eating. I was wondering if you like nuts or if you are allergic?

The reason I asked is because if you really like yogurt you might like to try this:

Breakfast In a bowl:

2 cups of plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup of sliced fruit & berries (strawberries, pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, bananas) - whatever you like.
1/4 cup of nuts (almond slivers, walnuts, cashews, etc)
2 Tbsp of dried fruits (raisins, etc)

You can keep the nuts and dried fruits in jars and the fruit can be sliced up fresh, it's a really filling breakfast and super easy to make if you buy the large tub of plain Greek yogurt.

I recommend it because it will keep you feeling full, has fiber, and a lot of protein and good fats, you'll also get healthy sugars and nutrients that your body may need.

Do you like vegetables?

I love to snack on carrots and nuts and berries, I think yogurt is great, but I would rather have it as a big meal in the morning and snack on fiber foods in the day time. Mostly because the fiber foods really help push out the other foods (gets me to go) and that's important, since the longer food stays in our bodies the more fat from it we absorb, so I think fiber is key to moving stuff through us faster thus we take in less fat and calories.

Today's Weight: 197.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Steak Po'Boy sandwich, 1 cup of Chicken Chili, 1 bag of Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: A few Crackers.

Dinner: 2 Servings of Spaghetti w/ Marinara Sauce, 2 slices of Garlic Toast.

Snack: 1 Yogurt, 1 tbsp. of Honey.

Estimated Calories: 2750

I still had the problem with feeling hungry even after I ate though it wasn't as bad.

Hi Jonam,

I noticed you ate 7 yogurts and felt yucky, it could be from the sugar in the yogurt. I am not sure what kind you are eating. I was wondering if you like nuts or if you are allergic?

The reason I asked is because if you really like yogurt you might like to try this:

Breakfast In a bowl:

2 cups of plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup of sliced fruit & berries (strawberries, pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, bananas) - whatever you like.
1/4 cup of nuts (almond slivers, walnuts, cashews, etc)
2 Tbsp of dried fruits (raisins, etc)

You can keep the nuts and dried fruits in jars and the fruit can be sliced up fresh, it's a really filling breakfast and super easy to make if you buy the large tub of plain Greek yogurt.

I recommend it because it will keep you feeling full, has fiber, and a lot of protein and good fats, you'll also get healthy sugars and nutrients that your body may need.

Do you like vegetables?

I love to snack on carrots and nuts and berries, I think yogurt is great, but I would rather have it as a big meal in the morning and snack on fiber foods in the day time. Mostly because the fiber foods really help push out the other foods (gets me to go) and that's important, since the longer food stays in our bodies the more fat from it we absorb, so I think fiber is key to moving stuff through us faster thus we take in less fat and calories.

That sounds yummy I'll have to try it! I do like vegetables, I might try snacking on carrots.

Today's Weight: 196.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Ten Vegetable Soup, 1 small Fuji Apple Salad w/Chicken, 1 Banana, 1 small apple all from Panera Bread.

Snack: A few Crackers.

Dinner: A few pieces of Sausage, Brie, Bread, Grapes, Pickled Radishes, 1 pint of Bold Rock Herd Cider all from Capital Ale House.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 2.75 hours of Walking.

I went to a meetup so I ate out. I shared a Charcuterie board which was really good.

Today's Weight: 195.8

Lunch: 1/2 The Italian Sandwich, 1 Bowl of Broccoli and Cheddar soup, 1 Banana all from Panera Bread.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Beef Teriyaki).

Snack: 2 Yogurts, A few Hershey Kisses.

Estimated Calories: 2700

Exercise: 3.33 hours of Walking.

I'm pet sitting again so I had a few Hershey kisses.

Today's Weight: 196.4

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Meataballa Sub, 1 bag of Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Simply Steamers TV Dinner (Meatball Marinara).

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Cocktail, 1 Old Fashioned, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3200

I tried to walk some more but my dog didn't want to at first. Unfortunately, it's starting to get cold again.

Today's Weight: 194.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 12 piece Chicken Nugget Combo (incl. 1 Large order of French Fries, 1 Large Dr. Pepper) all from Chick-Fil-A.

Snack; 2 Cupcakes.

Dinner: 2 slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Snack: 1 Yogurt.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 6 Rum and Diet Cokes, 1 shot of Fireball.

Estimated Calories: 3700

I went a little crazy but less so than last week. I was going to walk more but it was cold, like 15 degrees!!

Today's Weight: 197.6

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 serving of French Toast in a cup.

Lunch: 1 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken meal (incl. 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Steamed Broccoli, 1 Zucchini Muffin), 1 Reeses Peanut Butter Cookie, 1/2 Dr. Pepper all from Arbys.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey).

Miscellaneous: 1 small Coffee, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 3250

Exercise: 4 hours of Walking.

Not ideal but I did better than last Sunday. One of my neighbors cat ran off when I let the cats out. I hope he comes back.

Today's Weight: 198.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 slices of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 2 Bowls of Vegetable Soup, a few Crackers.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers Dinner (BBQ seasoned Steak and Potatoes).

Estimated Calories: 2350

Well the cat came back, but I had to help get one of the Stalker Cats down from a tree again. I also felt like crap and had a sore throat most of the day, I'm hoping it's because of the weather and I'm not getting sick.

Back