Matt's Diary

Well done Matt. I chaired a meeting this week, for the first time in my life. We did it!

Barely! I was a little disappointed, bc only 2 people showed up when 10 were scheduled to come. I'm hosting another one next week, eek!

I just wanted to say I love the new design of the site!

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 192.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1 can of Butternut Squash Apple Bisque Soup.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Power Bowls TV Dinner (Sweet and Zesty BBQ Pork).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Rum and Diet Coke, 2 Whiskey Gingers, 1 shot of Moonshine.

Estimated Calories: 2750

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

The meeting was OK at the time & then I over thought it afterwards & got really anxious & decided I had better be more prepared next time. Having notes always helps me. I have another meeting on Tuesday(different group), which I will be better prepared for. I hate meetings & hate being on committees. Ugh!

Today's Weight: 191.4

Breakfast: 4 Doughnuts, 1 cup of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 12-piece Chicken Nugget meal (w/Large Waffle fries and a Large Soda) all from Chic-Fil-A

Snack: A few Grapes.

Dinner: 3 Soft Fish Tacos, 1 side of Rice Pilaf, 1 Tres Leches Cake.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 Cocktails, 1 shot of Fireball, 6 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 4500

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

I went more crazy than I would have liked. I went to a meetup and it was the organizers birthday so I decided to grab a bite to eat.

The meeting was OK at the time & then I over thought it afterwards & got really anxious & decided I had better be more prepared next time. Having notes always helps me. I have another meeting on Tuesday(different group), which I will be better prepared for. I hate meetings & hate being on committees. Ugh!

Yeah I always hated meetings also. I'm sure you did good!

Hey man. Congrats on taking action! ive read through a lot of the posts on here and it sounds like your making some serious progress. I would definitely recommend focusing on the foods you DONT eat over the ONES you do. Yes healthy nutritious foods are vital but just by cutting out the processed garbage and the high calorie drinks you will see MASSIVE changes to your body. Then once you overcome that hurdle you can slowly introduce new foods and find ways you like to make them. Healthy doesn't have to mean suffering. I love using spices and herbs and citrus to make my food pop. When your focusing on eliminations theres something you should NOT remove. I wrote an article about it on my new blog here. Check it out! Hope this helps :) link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 1 2-Egg Omelette, 2 slices of Pumpkin Spice Toast.

Snack: 2 Doughnuts, 1.5 Cookies, 1 package of Reece's Pieces Peanut Butter Cups.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Double Quarter Pounder Meal (w/ Large fries and a Large Dr. Pepper), all from McDonald's.

Snack:1 Soft Pretzel.

Miscellaneous: 1.5 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1 small Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 4200

Exercise: 2.75 Hours of Walking.

Today started off well, but I slipped and cheated again. I think I'm going to try to just keep cheat days on Sunday.

Today's Weight: 196.2

Breakfast: 5 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 Coffees.

Lunch: 1 Small Ancient Grains and Arugula Salad, 1 Bowl of Broccoli and Cheddar soup, 1 piece of French Baguette, all from Panera.

Snack: 4 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Power Bowls TV Dinner (Chicken Sausage and Barley).

Snack: A few Grapes.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2450

Exercise: 4.5 Hours of Walking.

Ugh. I can't believe my weight has gone up so much (actually I can believe it). I'm going to have to take drastic measures. From now one if I do have a cheat day, it'll just be on Sunday. Also, after my birthday I'm not going out until my weight goes down (with some exceptions, I have a meetup scheduled on Oct 22, and of course Halloween).

This happened to me earlier this year, Matt & it is so hard to get it to come back down. It's scary. You can do it though!

Today's Weight: 194.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/ Smoked Salmon, Egg and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, 1 can of Italian Vegetable w/Farro Soup, 1 cup of Grapes

Snack: A few Crackers, 1/2 can of Anchovies, 4 Yogurts

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (BBQ Seasoned Steak w/Red Potatoes).

Estimated Calories: 2300

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

A much better day, I can't believe I forgot to mention that Monday was my 2 year "thinaversary".

Today's Weight: 193.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/ Smoked Salmon, Egg and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, 1 can of Italian Vegetable Beef, 1 cup of Grapes

Dinner: 1/4 Rotisserie Chicken meal (incl. 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of Broccoli), all from Arby's

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 Old Fashioned's.

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 192.2

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken, Egg and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing, 1 can of Vegetable Soup, 1 cup of Grapes

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Power Bowls TV Dinner (Italian Chicken Sausage and Peppers).

Snack: 2 Yogurts, 1 container of Anchovies.

Estimated Calories: 2430

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken, Egg and Ranch dressing, 1 can of Vegetable Soup,.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Power Bowls TV Dinner (Italian Chicken Sausage and Peppers).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 4 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2630

Exercise: 4 Hours of Walking.

I love anchovies, but could only eat one or 2 once in a blue moon. I'm amazed that your weight didn't go up after the salt.

Back