Matt's Diary

I know! When I was dieting I didn't drink at all either. I do think alcohol is holding me back from losing weight though, but it's a difficult thing to accept. Even my 2 glasses of wine 4 days a week is probably stopping me from losing I think. :(

Well I mostly drink on the weekends so I don't know if can have an effect if it's not a lot. I'm going to try to walk more. One thing that's kind of prevented me from walking is the fact that the weather this summer has been so awful (we've had record amounts of rain), so I'm going to be more mindful of the weather reports. I'm also going to try and get up earlier during the week so we can walk more in the morning.

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 194.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Chicken Wrap, 1 Salad w/Anchovies, 1/2 of an Apple, 1 bowl of Grapes.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey and Potatoes).

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories:

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

Today was kind of a crap day. First my weight went up significantly, it was also a yucky, rainy day. Also I had to take Misty to the vet ER since she was having trouble eating and threw up some. They think she may have ate something or it could be pancreatitis. Hopefully it's just an upset stomach.

Today's Weight: 194.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Chicken Wrap, 1 Salad w/Anchovies, 1/2 of an Apple, 1 bowl of Grapes.

Estimated Calories:

Today was kind of a crap day. First my weight went up significantly, it was also a yucky, rainy day. Also I had to take Misty to the vet ER since she was having trouble eating and threw up some. They think she may have ate something or it could be pancreatitis. Hopefully it's just an upset stomach.

The estimated calories should read 2300. ( I wish you had more than 15 minutes to edit these entries).

Today's Weight: 193.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Swiss on Sourdough sandwich, 1 Can of Soup , 1 Apple, 1 bowl of Grapes.

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2250

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I didn't have much of an appetite today, Misty seemed to be doing a little better though she was out of it mainly due to the medication. She did eat and didn't vomit which was good. I gave her bland food though she doesn't seem to like rice.

Today's Weight: 191.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/4 Chicken Wrap, 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1 Apple, 1 bowl of Grapes.

Snack: 2 packets of Oatmeal, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken).

Snack: 1 Apple.

Estimated Calories: 2300

I'm still worried about Misty. She seems to be improving a little. She hasn't thrown up, but she did have a bit of diarrhea and she did eat some grass.

Our little dog eats grass when there's something in her system that has disagreed with her & it usually does the trick. Hope she's all good soon, Matt.

Today's Weight: 190.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Swiss on Sourdough sandwich, 1 Can of Soup , 1 Apple, 1 bowl of Grapes.

Snack: 3 Yogurts, A few Cheese Cubes.

Snack: 1 Apple.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Alagash White Ale, 1 Pint of Bold Rock.

Estimated Calories: 2760

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

Misty seems to be improving. She was more energetic and even jumped on my bed! Also she was able to eat her regular dog food.

Our little dog eats grass when there's something in her system that has disagreed with her & it usually does the trick. Hope she's all good soon, Matt.

Misty will do this thing where occasionally she'll start licking the carpet, so I'll take her out, then she'll eat grass, then poop and be fine.

Sunday she ate grass and threw up and when I took her to the vet on Monday, they said it looked like her stomach was filled with grass. She's at least pooping so she's getting it out

Last edited:

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Ham and Swiss on Sourdough sandwich, 1 Can of Soup , 1 bowl of Grapes.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Salisbury Steak).

Snack: 1/2 Apple, A few Cheese Cubes, 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 13 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2580

Lunch: 1 Ham and Swiss on Sourdough sandwich, 1 Can of Soup , 1 bowl of Grapes.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Salisbury Steak).

Snack: 1/2 Apple, A few Cheese Cubes, 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 13 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2580

Just a quick correction I had 3 not 13 Rum and Diet Cokes. If I did I'd feel worse Saturday than I did today!

Today's Weight: 190.6

Lunch: 1 Beef Gyro, 1 side of Roasted Potatoes, 1 side of Fruit, 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies, 1 piece of Baklava all from Taziki's Grill.

Snack: Various Free Samples, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's Bowls TV Dinner Sweet Pineapple Chicken Teriyaki).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 1/2 Alaghash White Ale, 1 Whiskey Ginger, 4 Rum and Diet Cokes, 2 Shots of Fireball.

Estimated Calories: 4030

Sorry for the late posting, I felt like crap today (Sunday), you can prob tell why. At least Misty is feeling better, I was kind of worried b/c she did throw up some early Saturday morning, but I think it was because she ate something.

Today's Weight: 191.2

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, A few pieces of Bacon.

Lunch: 11 Dave's Double, 1 small order of French Fries, 1 small Dr. Pepper all from Wendy's.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Grilled Chicken Pesto w/Vegetables).

Snack: 2 Yogurts, 1 Bowl of Grapes.

Miscellaneous: 3 Glasses of Water, 1 20 oz. Ginger Ale.

Estimated Calories: 2620

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

I felt like crap today as you could have probably predicted from yesterdays entry lol. I broke down and had Wendy's though I got a small fries and drink instead of a large.

Today's Weight: 192.4

Lunch: 1 Chicken/Bacon Wrap, 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1 Bowl of Grapes w/a few Cheese Cubes.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's Delights TV Dinner (Baked Turkey Meatloaf with Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce).

Estimated Calories: 2400

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 192.2

Lunch: 1 Ham and Swiss sandwich on Sourdough, 1 Can of Soup, 1 Bowl of Grapes w/a few Cheese Cubes.

Snack: 1 mini Twix Bar, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Sweet and Sour Chicken)

Snack: 2 Yogurts, A few Cheese Cubes.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2680

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 192.4

Lunch: 1 Turkey/Bacon Wrap, 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1 Bowl of Grapes.

Snack: About 2 cups of Watermelon.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken).

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2310

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

It's been really hot out so I didn't get as much as a chance to go walking. This weather been really annoying it'll when it's not raining it's extremely hot. To top it all off my weight has gone up and I'm having a hard time getting it off.

It's very frustrating when you just can't get your weight to shift in the right direction. My last year has been like that. I'm shaking things up by doing 5:2. Five days of the week I eat "normally" & 2 days of the week I only have 500 cals(it's 600 for men). You could just try one day of 600 cals & see what happens. The idea with 5:2 is not to pig out on the other 5 days, but to stick to your TDEE. I have about 1650 cals a day on the 5 days.
Another alternative would be as many days as you can without any bread, rice, pasta or alcohol.
Hope the weather gets cooler for you soon, Matt.

Today's Weight: 191.6

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef, Bacon and Swiss sandwich on Sourdough, 1 Can of Soup, a few pieces of Watermelon.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Chicken Parmesan).

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 1 Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

Estimated Calories: 2950

My weight went down which was good, though I wish it went down more, I kind of ate more than I should, I definitely should have avoided the PSL (I'm basic I know lol). Also I wanted to walk more, but as soon as I got home it started pouring down rain!

It's very frustrating when you just can't get your weight to shift in the right direction. My last year has been like that. I'm shaking things up by doing 5:2. Five days of the week I eat "normally" & 2 days of the week I only have 500 cals(it's 600 for men). You could just try one day of 600 cals & see what happens. The idea with 5:2 is not to pig out on the other 5 days, but to stick to your TDEE. I have about 1650 cals a day on the 5 days.
Another alternative would be as many days as you can without any bread, rice, pasta or alcohol.
Hope the weather gets cooler for you soon, Matt.

Oh man I don't know about the 600 calories thing. Sometimes when I don't eat I'll feel a little weak. I guess it wouldn't be that bad if I'm eating normally on the other days.

Another alternative would be as many days as you can without any bread, rice, pasta or alcohol
Just a thought :)

Back