Matt's Diary

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 191.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich, 1 Bag of Chips all from Panera.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Four Cheese Ravioli w/Chicken Marinara).

Snack: 1 Apple, 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2360

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Hi, Matt! Let me join to your diary commentators and, most important, - to the ones who support you) I wish you good luck, be purposeful and reach your goal!
If you don`t mind (in your first post you`d mention, that you permit any suggestions)... Can I tell about my observations and a few hints I can share you? - I sincerely hope they will help you to speed up your weight loss process! Best vibes!
aa_mb_HereToSupportYou_Title.png

Today's Weight: 191.0

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Italian Sandwich, 1 cup of Broccoli and Cheddar Soup, 1 piece of French Baguette all from Panera.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey and Potatoes).

Snack: 1 Apple, 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Old-Fashioned

Estimated Calories: 2510

A lot better day then before since it wasn't raining. It's been a really rainy summer. I went to an event today that a local news station was promoting and had a drink, it felt better being in the sun again!

Hi, Matt. I Googled easy low-calorie lunches to take to work & there were so many delicious sounding recipes that I got side-tracked. Salads in a jar are a good way of taking lunch to work, with your dressing in a separate jar. You could vary them so much. A friend of mine takes a layered cereal/yoghurt/fruit concoction to golf & it always looks delicious. Wraps would be good with an avocado/egg/mayo/(?)mix that would stick together. I'm not big on wraps I must admit. You could always make a soup or casserole & freeze it into containers that could be taken to work & eaten with a fresh bread roll. Bolognaise sauce is really easy & we add lots of veggies to it, including zucchinis, mushrooms & carrots. Actually I'm pretty sure I have our recipe on this laptop......
Bolognaise Sauce (Cate's adjusted recipe)
2kg minced beef
4 onions, finely chopped
4 sticks celery, finely sliced,
2 Zucchinis, cut into small pieces (Courgettes in US)
8 button mushrooms, cut up small
2 heaped dessertspoons minced garlic or equiv. fresh.
4-5 tbspns olive oil
6 x half rashers short cut, lean bacon, cut into small pieces
2 & 1/2 tablespoons plain flour (I use gluten-free)
1 cup dry red wine
Salt/pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 chicken stock cubes (I use Vegeta, vegetable cubes)
1 large tin of crushed tomatoes, juice & all.(or fresh/frozen tomatoes-2kg)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 good pinches thyme (pref.fresh)
6 bay leaves
2 good pinches basil (pref. fresh)
Method
Sauté onion, carrot, celery & garlic in oil in a large saucepan until softened.
Add minced meat & bacon & fry until meat breaks up into small lumps. Sprinkle in flour, and then stir well. Add wine, salt, pepper & nutmeg.
Mix well, increase heat & boil to evaporate the liquid.
Add stock cubes, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, paste & herbs. Reduce heat again & simmer for about an hour, stirring from time to time.
Taste for seasoning. Allow to cool.

This makes enough to fill about 7 x 500 ml containers. Halve it if you don't want to make that much or don't have a pot big enough. It's a good investment having a decent sized pot as then you can make soups & freeze them.
Makes enough to fill 7 x 600g olive oil tubs.
You can have it on its own with cooked veggies, on spaghetti, with shaved parmesan, on toast for breakfast......

Today's Weight: 190.0

Lunch: 1 Soba Noodle Broth Bowl, 1/2 small Seasonal Greens salad w/Chicken, 1 piece of French Baguette, 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie, all from Panera.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Chicken Linguine w/Red Bell Pepper Alfredo).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2630

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

I went a little over today, I had a cookie. They offered it to me at Panera since my order was taking so long, I should have declined or got something with less calories.

Hi, Matt. I Googled easy low-calorie lunches to take to work & there were so many delicious sounding recipes that I got side-tracked. Salads in a jar are a good way of taking lunch to work, with your dressing in a separate jar. You could vary them so much. A friend of mine takes a layered cereal/yoghurt/fruit concoction to golf & it always looks delicious. Wraps would be good with an avocado/egg/mayo/(?)mix that would stick together. I'm not big on wraps I must admit. You could always make a soup or casserole & freeze it into containers that could be taken to work & eaten with a fresh bread roll. Bolognaise sauce is really easy & we add lots of veggies to it, including zucchinis, mushrooms & carrots. Actually I'm pretty sure I have our recipe on this laptop......
Bolognaise Sauce (Cate's adjusted recipe)
2kg minced beef
4 onions, finely chopped
4 sticks celery, finely sliced,
2 Zucchinis, cut into small pieces (Courgettes in US)
8 button mushrooms, cut up small
2 heaped dessertspoons minced garlic or equiv. fresh.
4-5 tbspns olive oil
6 x half rashers short cut, lean bacon, cut into small pieces
2 & 1/2 tablespoons plain flour (I use gluten-free)
1 cup dry red wine
Salt/pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 chicken stock cubes (I use Vegeta, vegetable cubes)
1 large tin of crushed tomatoes, juice & all.(or fresh/frozen tomatoes-2kg)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 good pinches thyme (pref.fresh)
6 bay leaves
2 good pinches basil (pref. fresh)
Method
Sauté onion, carrot, celery & garlic in oil in a large saucepan until softened.
Add minced meat & bacon & fry until meat breaks up into small lumps. Sprinkle in flour, and then stir well. Add wine, salt, pepper & nutmeg.
Mix well, increase heat & boil to evaporate the liquid.
Add stock cubes, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, paste & herbs. Reduce heat again & simmer for about an hour, stirring from time to time.
Taste for seasoning. Allow to cool.

This makes enough to fill about 7 x 500 ml containers. Halve it if you don't want to make that much or don't have a pot big enough. It's a good investment having a decent sized pot as then you can make soups & freeze them.
Makes enough to fill 7 x 600g olive oil tubs.
You can have it on its own with cooked veggies, on spaghetti, with shaved parmesan, on toast for breakfast......

Oh wow that sounds like a lot of work lol, but it sounds delicious I may think of trying it.

Oh wow that sounds like a lot of work lol, but it sounds delicious I may think of trying it.
It is delicious & would go such a long way & be so versatile. You never know, Matt. If you just make a start on home cooking you may well get the taste for it :)

Today's Weight: 189.4

Lunch: 1/2 Deli Cowboy Sandwich, 1 small Southwest Chicken Chili, 1 Bag of BBQ chips all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Honey Glazed Turkey and Potatoes).

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 3 Cocktails.

Estimated Calories: 3250

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

It is delicious & would go such a long way & be so versatile. You never know, Matt. If you just make a start on home cooking you may well get the taste for it :)

Well maybe if I keep watching Gordon Ramsay videos I'll be inspired to cook lol. :)

He would put me off cooking! Should we prepare ourselves for the new ranting & raving Matt? EEK!

Today's Weight: 189.8

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1/4 Rotisserie Chicken, 1 side of Mashed Potatoes, 1 side of California Broccoli Salad.

Snack: 1 Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, 1 Cupcake.

Dinner: 1 cup of Lobster Bisque.

Snack: 1 Apple, 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 5 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3270

Exercise: 3.75 Hours of Walking.

A pretty good day, though I could have avoided the cookie, cupcake and the soup! I had to work today and I decided to bring my food to save money, unfortunately that didn't work out since I went to a meetup afterwards and got some food there!!

Today's Weight: 191.0

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 Pieces of Toast

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Fire Roasted Philly Steak Sub, 1 Medium order of Curly Fries, 1 Medium Dr. Pepper, 1 Zucchini Muffin Sundae all from Arbys.

Snack: 1 Cupcake, 1 Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream sandwich, all from Carytown Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 2 small Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Dr. Pepper

Estimated Calories: 3270

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Well I was doing okay then I went a little crazy with the sweets. A new Carytown Cupcake shop opened up at the mall so I decided to try it. I wanted to walk more but of course it rained again. I've said it once, and I'll say it again I am sick of the rain!

Today's Weight: 192.4

Snack: A few Crackers.

Lunch: 1 Wrap W/Grilled Chicken, Anchovies, some Guacamole and a bit of Mayo, 1 Can of Vegetable Soup, 1 side of Grapes.

Dinner: 1/2 Canned Salmon and Mackeral w/Anchovies, 1 side of White Rice and Black Beans (Ate about half of it).

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2570

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Well I'm trying to bring my lunch again. Before, I kind of stopped because I would make my lunch each morning and it would make me late so I'm trying to do meal prep on Sunday. This Sunday I stayed up until the wee hours prepping for the week. I used some of the leftover fish and made it for dinner so it wouldn't go to waste which failed since it ended up tasting like crap and unfortunately gave me gas lol.

Today's Weight: 192.6

Lunch: 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1 Can of Vegetable Soup, 1 side of Grapes.

Snack: Various Free Samples, 1 Yogurt.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Beef and Red Chili Sauce).

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5.5 Bottled Waters, 2 Beers.

Estimated Calories: 2750

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

I brought my lunch again, also I went to a meetup.

Today's Weight: 192.2

Lunch: 1 Italian Sandwich on Sourdough (w/Ham, Salami, Pepperoni and Pepperjack Cheese), 1 Salad w/Chicken, 1/2 of an Apple.

Snack: A few Tortilla Chips, 3 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice Steamers TV Dinner (Four Cheese Ravioli w/Chicken Marinara).

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters, 2 Bourbon Mules.

Estimated Calories: 2800

My weights still sitting at 192. I was hoping it would go down more but it was probably due to the fact I've gone to 2 meetups this week.

Back