Matt's Diary

Day 68

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: In Progress...

Weight: 282.6

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee

Lunch: 1 bowl of vegetable pesto soup, 1/2 greek chicken salad, 1 french baguette from Panera bread. 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: A piece of a cinnamon roll ( a free sample at the grocery store)

Dinner: A few slices of baked ham, a side of cranberry salad, a side of spinach quinoa salad from Kroger. 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 diet iced tea, 2 bottled waters, 1 hot tea..

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

Day 69

Weight: 284.6

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee

Lunch: 1 piece of salmon w/thai noodles, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of macaroni and cheese, and 1 side of green beans from Kroger. 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: 1 apple.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury steak) 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 diet iced teas, 2 bottled waters, 1 hot tea.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

My weight seems to be yoyoing a lot lately and went back up which doesn't really surprise me.

Day 70

Weight: 281.2

Breakfast: 1 candy bar (kit-kat big kat bar) 2 cookies (2 vanilla creme filled and one fudge) 1 20 oz. cherry coke.

Lunch: 1/2 turkey bravo sandwich, 1 cup of broccoli cheese soup and 1 baguette from Panera bread.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender TV dinner (Steak and potatoes) 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 diet iced teas.

Exercise: 3.25 hours of walking.

I skipped breakfast which wasn't a good idea, then I broke down and hand not only a candy bar but some cookies as well. The broccoli and cheese wasn't the best choice but they discontinued the vegetable pesto soup which I'm addicted to lol.

Day 71

Weight: 283.8

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 turkey sandwich (turkey, bacon, light mayo, lettuce, pickles and onions), 1 1.8 bag of potato chips and 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 chicken salad (lettuce,onion,cucumber,carrots,olives, a few pieces of blackened chicken, Asian sesame dressing.) 1 5 oz. piece of salmon. 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 diet iced teas, 2 bottles of water.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

More yo-yoing (sigh) I hope this is not a trend.

Day 72

Weight: 282.8

Breakfast: 10 oz of cantaloupe chunks, 1 glass of milk, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 turkey bravo sandwich,1 cup of turkey chili and 1 baguette from Panera Bread, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1/2 piece of blackened chicken, 1/2 5 oz. piece of salmon, 1 side of garlic redskin mashed potatoes. 1 can of Pepsi.

Well things are going in the right direction it seems. I've been eating a little more than I have in the past. I am pissed that Panera Bread discontinued the vegetable pesto soup, which is addictive.

Day 73

Weight: 280.6

Lunch: 1/2 Italian sub, 1 bowl of vegetable pesto soup and 1 baguette from Panera Bread, 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: 1 slice of apple cinnamon bread

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak).1 can of Pepsi.

Exercise: 2.5 hours of walking.

Day 74

Weight: 280.8

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: A few slices of Turkey w/gravy, a large side of mashed potatoes, a large side of lima beans, a bowl of apple sauce, 3 dinner rolls, 2 slices of pumpkin pie. 2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 4 glasses of water, 1 bottled water.

Happy Thanksgiving! I was worried I would eat too much during the holiday, but didn't do that bad. Plus there's the fact Thanksgiving dinner was pretty much all I ate.

Well done Matt. Lots of walking again & you planned to maintain a balance with your Thanksgiving feast. Excellent! :)

Day 75

Weight: 280.2

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 2 cups of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6 inch Turkey bacon sub, 1 1.8 bag of potato chips from WaWa, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Sweet and sour chicken).1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottles of water.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. One thing I've noticed is I don't have to eat as much. During Thanksgiving, I ate probably 1/4 of what I would have ate in the past.

Day 75
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. One thing I've noticed is I don't have to eat as much. During Thanksgiving, I ate probably 1/4 of what I would have ate in the past.
I look back & can better understand now why I used to be very overweight. I am horrified when I look at what some people pile onto their plates. I probably eat about half or less of what I used to. Well done Matt!

Day 77

Weight: 280.0

Lunch: 1 chopped turkey and gravy,1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of green beans, 1 side of macaroni and cheese, 1 can of 7-up.

Dinner: 1 bowl of lima beans, 1 apple.1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottled water. 2 cups of diet iced tea.

I took a long nap so I ate a light dinner.

Well done Matt. Lots of walking again & you planned to maintain a balance with your Thanksgiving feast. Excellent! :)

Yeah I'm just worried what to do in terms of walking during January and February when the weather turns bad. Last year it alternated between snow and freezing rain.

Day 78

Weight: 278.6

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 1 glass of milk.

Lunch: 1 ham and turkey sandwich (ham,turkey,mayo-mustard combo,lettuce and onions)1 side salad, 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner: 2.5 pieces of ham, 1 side of succotash, 3 rolls. 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of diet iced tea.

While I still a few pounds away from my goal, this is still significant b/c this was my starting weight (technically it was 279) last time I tried to lose weight, about 8 years ago.

Yeah there's a gym at my apartment complex I can use.

There you go then :)

Back