Matt's Diary

Day 55

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: ACHIEVED! Goal 3: In Progress...

Weight: 291.2

Breakfast: 2 bananas, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 large cup of coffee from WaWa.

Lunch:1 piece of chicken breast (didn't finish), 1 slice of pepperoni pizza, 1 side of green beans, 1 side of mashed potatoes,1 side of macaroni and cheese. 1 16 oz. Pepsi..

Dinner:1 bowl of vegetarian vegetable soup.2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of diet iced tea. 1.5 bottled waters. 1 mug of chai tea.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Day 56

Weight: 291.8

Breakfast: 1 yogurt and 1 glass of milk.

Snack: 1 Kit-Kat bar, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke.

Lunch: 1 salad w/Italian Dressing, 4.5 slices of Pepperoni Pizza and 3 pieces of garlic bread from CiCi's Pizza.

Dinner:1 bowl of cream of chicken soup.1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 cup of diet iced tea. 2 bottled waters.

Ok I screwed up and succumbed to my craving of junk food. Not only did I go to a pizza place, but one that's all you can eat. It seems like lately I've been stuck at the 291-292 weight, eating a bunch of pizza and candy probably doesn't help.

Yeahhhh buddy, I feel you......I have been somewhat stuck in the 56/57kg and just realizing that my metabolism has slowed down these past couple of weeks...I also think that as time goes by (even if you are seeing results) you have the desire to break off your diet for a little and just "be bad"...but the scales don't lie. haha.......I know that doctors and most people prefer to weigh themselves weekly rather than daily to avoid such frustrations (besides that, IT IS TRUE that fluctuations are very common), personally I just do it every day because that's the only way I can track the damage I do based on what I eat (specially when you are on point with daily work-out sessions).........I've never heard of eating more, eating pizza, eating sweets and still losing weight.........unfortunately, that's just the way it is.......healthy eating all the way leads you to results. Then again, I think life is about balance......I don't think anyone should starve, but I would highly encourage on eating all you can healthy things if you are having an "I'm hungry" problem......take a couple of meals a week to indulge all you want on your favorite foods and just know that you have to work-out a bit harder in preparation for these days. Most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP...all good things take time, work and arrive when we truly believe that one day they will. Wishing you a wonderful week Matt...keep pushing it!

Xoxx

Day 57

Weight: 292.8

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal and cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Asiago Steak sub, 1 bowl of vegetable pesto and 1 piece of baguette bread from Panera Bread. 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner:1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Fettuccine Alfredo), 1 side of broccoli, 4 pieces of Asparagus, 1 side of Thai mixed vegetable lomein and 2 pieces of orange chicken.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of diet iced tea. 3 bottled waters. 1 mug of chai tea.

Exercise: 3 hours of walking.

Well my weight went up and I would be pissed, but I brought it on myself with yesterdays indiscretions lol. As for my unusual dinner, I got a meal from the grocery store but the salmon was completely dry and nasty so I threw it out and had a tv dinner instead.

Yeahhhh buddy, I feel you......I have been somewhat stuck in the 56/57kg and just realizing that my metabolism has slowed down these past couple of weeks...I also think that as time goes by (even if you are seeing results) you have the desire to break off your diet for a little and just "be bad"...but the scales don't lie. haha.......I know that doctors and most people prefer to weigh themselves weekly rather than daily to avoid such frustrations (besides that, IT IS TRUE that fluctuations are very common), personally I just do it every day because that's the only way I can track the damage I do based on what I eat (specially when you are on point with daily work-out sessions).........I've never heard of eating more, eating pizza, eating sweets and still losing weight.........unfortunately, that's just the way it is.......healthy eating all the way leads you to results. Then again, I think life is about balance......I don't think anyone should starve, but I would highly encourage on eating all you can healthy things if you are having an "I'm hungry" problem......take a couple of meals a week to indulge all you want on your favorite foods and just know that you have to work-out a bit harder in preparation for these days. Most importantly, DON'T GIVE UP...all good things take time, work and arrive when we truly believe that one day they will. Wishing you a wonderful week Matt...keep pushing it!

Xoxx

Some days are better than others. It's harder when I'm not working since I have a tendency to eat when I'm bored. My metabolism might have slowed also, I need to figure how to rev it back up again lol.

Great job on the walking, don't stress about the weight fluctuations.

One thing you could look into is your sodium intake in your diet as that will have an impact on how much water weight you'll be carrying around. If you work on watching and lowering the sodium intake you might find you'll have another larger than usual weight drop in the first week.

Good luck

Day 58

Weight: 292.6

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6 inch Turkey sub (Turkey, light mayo, bacon, avacado, lettuce, onion, and pickles), 1 1.8 oz bag of potato chips 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner:1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country fried chicken),2 pieces of garlic toast. 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of diet iced tea. 2-3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking

Well I guess that settles it, I always took watching sodium with, ahem a grain of salt, but I'm going to start watching it more. I get paid Friday so I'm going to do some shopping and I'm going to look for food low in sodium.

Matt fresh food is best as almost all processed food is laden with sodium. I keep to 1800 mg per day, after being told by a Cardiologist that the best thing you can do for your heart is to reduce your sodium intake. He is convinced of it. My BP has come right down since I took his advice & he was surprised by that as he said most people ignore his advice. He tells medical students the same thing. I think you may get a shock if you start really looking at the sodium content of the packaged meals you buy. Sodium is in the weirdest things & there is so much of it :eek:

Matt fresh food is best as almost all processed food is laden with sodium. I keep to 1800 mg per day, after being told by a Cardiologist that the best thing you can do for your heart is to reduce your sodium intake. He is convinced of it. My BP has come right down since I took his advice & he was surprised by that as he said most people ignore his advice. He tells medical students the same thing. I think you may get a shock if you start really looking at the sodium content of the packaged meals you buy. Sodium is in the weirdest things & there is so much of it :eek:

Yeah I've noticed. The not over and I'm already past the 2000 mg mark. What really put me over was the sub I had during lunch. My BP is all over the place, sometimes its higher than normal, sometimes its fine.

Day 59

Weight: 292.6

Breakfast: 1 orange and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6 inch Roast Beef sub (Roast beef, honey mustard, lettuce, onion, and pickles), 1 1.8 oz bag of potato chips 1 can of Pepsi.

Dinner:1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 cups of diet iced tea. 3 bottled waters.

Exercise: 3.3 hours of walking

The thing I notice most about your diary is repetition, and thats good for meal planning when you cook your food yourself. I big batch cook about once a week and that seriously helps me keep the fat, sodium and sugars down in my diet. I know your not a huge cook, but if you experiment a little, find a few recipes you can do in large batches that you love and can freeze and eat in repetition I think you can do some serious damage to your fat cells. Have you considered getting a crock pot? Those are great because you can toss in a bunch of stuff and forget about it for hours and come home to a damn good meal.

Day 60

Weight: 288.4

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6 inch Turkey sub (Turkey,light mayo, bacon, lettuce, onion, and pickles), 1 1.8 oz bag of potato chips, 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: 1 mini bag of M and M's

Dinner:1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Country Chicken), 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottled waters.

I had a bit of a dramatic drop in weight today, I hope it's not a trend. As much as I like losing weight, losing too much too fast is not a good thing. I also succumbed to temptation and ate a small bag of m and ms that was left over from Halloween. Also I can't believe its been 60 days already!

The thing I notice most about your diary is repetition, and thats good for meal planning when you cook your food yourself. I big batch cook about once a week and that seriously helps me keep the fat, sodium and sugars down in my diet. I know your not a huge cook, but if you experiment a little, find a few recipes you can do in large batches that you love and can freeze and eat in repetition I think you can do some serious damage to your fat cells. Have you considered getting a crock pot? Those are great because you can toss in a bunch of stuff and forget about it for hours and come home to a damn good meal.

Yeah I'm a creature of habit.I can't say I have a crock pot, even if I had one I would know what to do with it lol.

Day 61

Weight: 288.6

Breakfast: 1 packet of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of milk and a cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6 inch Turkey sub (Turkey,light mayo, bacon, lettuce, onion, and pickles), 1 1.8 oz bag of potato chips, 1 can of Pepsi.

Snack: 1 small peppermint patty

Dinner:2 pieces of catfish with pureed parsnip and fried leek on top, 1 side of green beans, 1 side of stir fried Bok Choy and 1 dinner roll, 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottled waters, 1 diet iced tea.

Back