Couch to 5K Club

That is freakin' awesome!! Congrats!! I can't believe you sprinted up a hill!! That rocks:)
Thank you guys for the response. I will have to check out some of those links. I am going out of town so it's going to be hard to get Fridays run in because I will be on the road but I can move it to Saturday. I am going to run right now before I leave today so I get it done and don't have to stress about it.
Also I remember where I read that bit of info: it was in a runner's magazine and it said for the least risk of injury you should be running 5 miles 6x a week for a year before you start training. It might have said 5x a week but I am pretty sure it said 6. However, I am not going to go all crazy like that. If I can do that 3x I will be pretty stoked... hell if I could run 5 miles once I would be pretty stoked lol ;)
That is awesome Daybyday that you ran an almost 10 minute mile!! glad you are back to pre-injury status! It just gets better from here :D

So this 'club' seems to have been...forgotten?

Well Ive decided that now I have easy access to a treadmill, Im going to start the c25k programme..My best effort so far (since joining the gym 2 weeks ago) was jogging for 1 mile without dying..so thats like 1.62km? So along way to go!!!!

Anyway, if anybody is interested then lets support each other!!! I think Im going to start on week 4, I dont wanna burn myself out, but I think week 3 or below may be a step back.

Heres the link for anybody who cant find it/cant be bothered to look for it :)

Apologies for hijacking this thread :reddevil:

:seeya:

if you check Itunes, there are a couple of places where you can download 8 weeks worth of podcasts to give yu something to listen to - with audio cues... some have better music than others...

if you check Itunes, there are a couple of places where you can download 8 weeks worth of podcasts to give yu something to listen to - with audio cues... some have better music than others...

Cheers for that Mal, I had a quick glimpse through some of the posts and noticed you mentioned something along those lines..

Might make my own, my music tastes differ quite significantly from most...plus it'll be a fun (geeky) challenege to get the right songs for the right time (cant jog to any ol tune..gotta have a decent beat :) ) and make sure its the right timing and everything!!

I need to get out more....:nopity:

Oh, I'm down like a frown for this. I'll be starting from the beginning though. Thanks for the invite.

Cheers for that Mal, I had a quick glimpse through some of the posts and noticed you mentioned something along those lines..

Might make my own, my music tastes differ quite significantly from most...plus it'll be a fun (geeky) challenege to get the right songs for the right time (cant jog to any ol tune..gotta have a decent beat :) ) and make sure its the right timing and everything!!

I need to get out more....:nopity:

I did create a set for a buddy of mine using mostly 80s hair bands.... google for instructions on how to create a podcast and it's rreally pretty simple... :D

And you get to have some fun with what sound you want to use for the cue :D

Okay, sounds good, I think I'll start Monday, since I'm starting a Pilates class this weekend.

Good Luck!

google for instructions on how to create a podcast and it's rreally pretty simple... :D

Good thinking Batman, I was gonna just build a playlist on my MP3 player, but to build a podcast makes more sense!!

And you get to have some fun with what sound you want to use for the cue :D

I really cant wait to finish work now....... :D

Okay, sounds good, I think I'll start Monday, since I'm starting a Pilates class this weekend.

Good Luck!

Pilates is meant to be so much fun, my g/f loves it, but there isnt a class anywhere near we live anymore which sucks!!

Have fun!!!

by building it as a podcast - you can interrupt a song at the 2 minute mark - and put the cues in whereever yu want...

Awesome..guess that makes it easier than finding several 2 minute songs!!!!!

Which is what I probably..ok definately would have tried to do :blush5:

So I built my playlist (used 'Audacity') pretty straight forward audio editing tool thingy..plus it was free :D made my own prompts...sound pretty stoooopid, but hopefully it'll make me laugh and take my mind off the running!!!

Looking forward to starting the C25K tomorrow, im still gonna try and start on week 4, but I will listen to my body and if it shouts no more!!! then I'll drop back to week 3..will update on Sunday..if Im still alive :Angel_anim:

Ok, so survived the first dose of week 4, although I did it all the way through, it was pretty tough!!!

I done a total of 2.6 miles, so not quite 5km, and its just emphasised how hard this is going to be...I cant wait to get stuck back in!!!!

Ok, so survived the first dose of week 4, although I did it all the way through, it was pretty tough!!!

I done a total of 2.6 miles, so not quite 5km, and its just emphasised how hard this is going to be...I cant wait to get stuck back in!!!!

It's so cool that you were able to get 2.6 mi in. That's a lot to be just jumping in. Good on you. I'm starting tomorrow so I hope I do half as well as you did.

How many times a week will you do it?

Did you have fun running w/ your music?

It's so cool that you were able to get 2.6 mi in. That's a lot to be just jumping in. Good on you. I'm starting tomorrow so I hope I do half as well as you did.

How many times a week will you do it?

Did you have fun running w/ your music?

It prob was a bit more than I should have done, but I guess if its not hard, then its not worth doing!!

Well they suggest 3 times a week, so i'll prob start officially tomorrow..then go wednesday and friday...and i'll TRY and stick to that pattern, although something always gets in the way!!!

I cant run without music!! It helps me to escape the pain of it all ;)

Good luck with it tomorrow, im sure you'll do awesome with it!!!

Hi everyone! I just started the Couch to 5K yesterday! I'm trying to add variety to my workout so I think this will be great! It's not hard right now but I looked to the weeks ahead and I'm a little nervous. AHH! But you know, gotta take it 1 week at a time! YAY. I'm so excited to be doing this! LOVEE! :)

Glad to have you on Olux. I'm starting this afternoon. You're so right the only way to do it is to take it one week at a time. I can't wait until I can do the whole thing w/o stopping.

Good luck to you.

it's been one of my goals to run a 5k, so I'm definitely going to get started on this today...glad I found this before hitting the gym.

edit: first day wasn't too bad actually, I tried to not take it easy on myself. I didn't get to go the gym so I couldn't record my distance, but I'm happy with overall workout.

Last edited:
I'm starting this tomorrow! My boyfriend has been running for years and he's really fit, only I hate running, and I always quit when I try. This starting-slow type plan may work for me, though I do often get impatient when I don't see results rught away, but I'm not quite sure what kind of results I'm looking for.

I think I'll do this every other day like I'm supposed to, and either do pilates or walk on the other days. The thing is with me, I'm lazy and tend to take naps till like six and then I have homework and such to do, but I get really tired. I have ballet on Mondays.

I plan to do this not only to get fit (My BMI says I'm overweight, and I do have a "pregnant tummy" thing going on) but also because I would like to get my tummy pierced in June!

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow =)

Edit// Oh yeah, what are some of your favorite songs? I need to update Evelyn's music to run to (Evelyn is my iPod, hehe). Right now some of the ones that are most catchy to me are Just Dance by Lady GaGa and Hot N' Cold by Katy Perry. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back