Cate's Diary

I'm glad you are starting to feel better Cate. It's really too bad how covid can have such an impact even with all the vaccines! I think that's a great idea to talk to the Asthma Foundation on how to build back your lung strength again. Anyhow hopefully once this infection is cleared you'll feel a lot better!

Yes, I will join you on the path!! When I had Covid, it took forever to get my lungs happy again. Every single time I got chilled or came in contact with smells I am allergic to, my breathing got squeaky and labored and it felt like a large animal was sitting on my chest. I hope you can take it easy a few days past when you are feeling completely healed, just in case. That's what I had to do. It just does a number on the respiratory system. I hope all goes well picking up medicine and going into town with Archie - hopefully you won't run into any perfumes or anything. More hugs, and hopefully when you read this you'll already be feeling way better!!

Thanks, Llama, Liza, Marsia & Em.
I think I was hopeful yesterday that I was starting to get better, but I'm not. I'll ring the medical centre when they're open. I may need to see a doctor in person. They do have a respiratory clinic in the afternoon. I think I'll do another Covid test this morning as well, just out of interest.
I didn't get to walk Archie yesterday as we had a wild electrical storm for about 10 hours. Poor Arch. He shivered for hours & hours. During the night I covered him with my dressing gown to hide the lightning from him & patted him for hours. We rarely get storms like that. It reminded me of Maryland.
I won't go into any shops today, M. G can do that. I really will take it easy when I do get over this bug.
My food has been good. I have been eating a lot of fruit & veg as that's what I feel like the most.

I rang the medical centre & the doctor who said to ring him today if I was still unwell is not there. I have an appointment with the respiratory clinic at 4.45. I was asked to do a Covid test before I go & it was negative.

Good to hear you're craving healthy things at least (remember that: it does happen!) and I hope the people at the clinic will be able to help.

I ended up seeing a doctor a further 15 km away. He wanted to listen to my chest to make sure I didn't have pneumonia, rather than issue a repeat of the antibiotic I had taken this week. He gave me a new script for a stronger, different antibiotic & a steroid to take for a few days. He also said to ring him in 5 days if I'm no better. I liked him. He saw me without an appointment (long story). He seemed to care.
I feel I will get better quicker now. I feel more positive about it.

Glad to hear you happened upon a doctor who took the issue seriously. Between steroids and a strong antibiotic you should feel better soon.

Glad to hear you happened upon a doctor who took the issue seriously. Between steroids and a strong antibiotic you should feel better soon.
I think I got lucky there, Llama, after a lot of driving backwards & forwards. I liked his manner & his duty of care (using the term in a genuine sense). He could have just issued me a script the same as my original one, but he wanted to ensure I had the right one. I will ask for a chest x-ray when I am better as I would like to know how my lungs are.
So good you got into that doctor! He sounds really good. I hope this prescription makes all the difference!
It made a difference to me mentally, Liza & I think the drug combo will work. If not his offer for me to ring him if I'm not better in 5 days was genuine.
I haven't told anyone, including G, but I have had a hospital bag ready since I got Covid. I have imagined dying from this. My sister died from lung cancer & it was awful. She was on oxygen for a long time.

I have been tracking my food & drink again the last couple of days & had got on the scales on Monday I think. I was surprised to see a drop. Because I have been feeling so ill I thought I may as well turn it into a positive & cut down my food intake as I also have not been very hungry. I get hungry & then feel full quickly. I'll weigh again in the next few days.
I just went back & double-checked my logging for yesterday & put today's in advance. I do feel more positive about everything so I think I'm starting to feel better physically as well as mentally.
I just got side-tracked sending C a message. She's looking after R's puppy today while he works at a cafe near her house for the first time. They have offered him a job for as many or as few days as he would like. I would love it to work out. They set up a baby monitor in her living room last night. I hope he didn't chew any of her furniture. He does like to chomp on wood. :rolleyes:

Oh Cate, I hate hearing about that hospital bag, I really do. I'm glad you have a new prescription and I really do hope you feel better from it very soon.

Oh Cate, I hate hearing about that hospital bag, I really do. I'm glad you have a new prescription and I really do hope you feel better from it very soon.
Oh, thanks Em. I think I will. I managed a walk down to the letterbox & G came & picked me up. I also managed a quick call to my sister as I hadn’t felt up to that for a fair while. Our call ended on a coughing fit, but she was really happy to hear from me.
Em-I picked up some library books yesterday & guess what my next book will be?
Andre Agassi’s “Open”.
G is about to put the Test Cricket on so I’ll save the book for tomorrow when he’s playing golf :)

Glad to hear you're feeling a little more confident. Having a hospital bag ready might feel morbid but if knowing it's there gives you some peace of mind that's a good thing.

Thanks, Llama. Knowing it's handy gives me peace of mind because I would not trust G to pack me a bag if I had to go to the hospital. I think I'll keep it permanently packed & take my toilet bag out (& anything else I might need at any time) when I need it. I do need a pair of Summer slippers that are not embarrassing. I wear an ancient pair of black Skechers & they are so tatty! I'll buy myself a pair as a Christmas present if I go anywhere soon.

Yay for better footwear! Please make sure it's something shoelike again (closed heel or at least a heel strap?) if you want the be able to wear them away from home: bad slippers can be such a tripping hazard, especially in a place where you don't have every floor detail memorized.

I do need a pair of Summer slippers that are not embarrassing. I wear an ancient pair of black Skechers & they are so tatty!

That sort of made me laugh--I imagine if you ended up in the hospital with covid, tatty slippers would be the least of your worries!

Anyways I always think a go bag is a good idea for stuff. i keep meaning to have one ready for emergencies but never get around to finishing packing it...

I do feel more positive about everything so I think I'm starting to feel better physically as well as mentally.
That is really good to hear. Hopefully you will be back to full on healthy soon!

Thanks, Liza. I have always had a half-hearted bag packed, but I think I'll make sure I maintain this bag from now on. My old Skechers are embarrassingly tatty, but oh so comfortable. If I could replace them with identical ones it would be perfect.
My laptop battery is about to die so I think I'll come back later.
I felt quite a bit better this morning & didn't wake up feeling like I was drowning. I think the new antibiotics & the steroids are kicking in!

Back