Approximately 11-1200 calories
I was trying for 1500.

It feels like a lot of food.
So much salt.
But I'm glad I had food.

Last edited:
So am I xo

Getting maximumly stressed.
It's getting too much tracking the diabetes the numbers the tests the injections the calories.
Going back to omad.

It's hard to accept that this is how I will be now. For the rest of my life. I will be obese.
There is no fighting it. I had my chance to weigh more normal.
But when I did I wasn't happy so I dieted for 40 years and messed up my metabolism.
Dieting DOES NOT work.

It's hard to accept that this is how I will be now. For the rest of my life. I will be obese.
There is no fighting it. I had my chance to weigh more normal.
But when I did I wasn't happy so I dieted for 40 years and messed up my metabolism.
Dieting DOES NOT work.
I did the same thing, Blue & it's a constant struggle to get my weight back down. I am just doing what I can. If I don't concentrate my weight creeps up & up.
I'm glad to see that you are getting help with food xo

Finally off the floor tonight. I'm hoping it's easier to get up and down on my many bathroom trips during the night not sleeping on the floor. And maybe my back won't hurt as much.

In terms of what is healthier.
What is healthier- canned no sugar added fruits and canned vegetables ( with the salt and sugar they add- I can't get the salt free they cost more when available) or
The chemical salt sugar laden soup and/or pasta cans?
According to what I read it's not the soup.
What do u think?

In terms of what is healthier.
What is healthier- canned no sugar added fruits and canned vegetables ( with the salt and sugar they add- I can't get the salt free they cost more when available) or
The chemical salt sugar laden soup and/or pasta cans?
According to what I read it's not the soup.
What do u think?
Depends what you mean by healthy? Canned vegetables are probably the lowest in kcals out of those options, canned fruits are a very decent option for fresh fruits and contain fiber and vitamins which we need but of course fruit naturally contains sugar so it could make your blood sugar peak. Ready to eat soup and pasta and how healthy it is depends on the flavor, whether they have veggies in them, and whether there´s protein in them. I am not a doctor but protein doesn´t peak blood sugar the same way as carbs do and of course protein is important for muscles and satiety.

If you are able to, combining different canned goods so you get both the fiber and vitamis from veggies and fruit, and the carbs and (hopefully) proteins from the soups and pasta dishes might be a good idea.

I´m glad you´re not having to sleep on the floor anymore! I had to do that for a bit in 2020 and it´s hard for the back. :grouphug:

Depends what you mean by healthy? Canned vegetables are probably the lowest in kcals out of those options, canned fruits are a very decent option for fresh fruits and contain fiber and vitamins which we need but of course fruit naturally contains sugar so it could make your blood sugar peak. Ready to eat soup and pasta and how healthy it is depends on the flavor, whether they have veggies in them, and whether there´s protein in them. I am not a doctor but protein doesn´t peak blood sugar the same way as carbs do and of course protein is important for muscles and satiety.

If you are able to, combining different canned goods so you get both the fiber and vitamis from veggies and fruit, and the carbs and (hopefully) proteins from the soups and pasta dishes might be a good idea.

I´m glad you´re not having to sleep on the floor anymore! I had to do that for a bit in 2020 and it´s hard for the back. :grouphug:
I'm not able to get all these. I'm wondering what choice is the healthier choice. The soups or the v and f.

My backs better. Thanks.

I agree with @Floater -depends on what you are looking for and what is in the soup.
Also depends on if you are eating anything else.
Unfortunately it's one or the other. With occasional family made foods I might get. Or pasta/chili cans on sale.
So soup/chili/pasta or fruits veggies.
I guess I'm asking because the soup or pasta or chili cans have at least 1 days salt in them plus additives etc. The vegetables and fruit cans some salt and sugar.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's one or the other. With occasional family made foods I might get. Or pasta/chili cans on sale.
So soup/chili/pasta or fruits veggies.
I guess I'm asking because the soup or pasta or chili cans have at least 1 days salt in them plus additives etc. The vegetables and fruit cans some salt and sugar.
Well I always favor getting some protein in...one couldn't get very far on a diet of purely fruit and veggies unless you mean including maybe some chickpeas or whatever under the 'canned veggie' category. It's just not a great choice any which way. A proper diet will involve a balance of nutrients...so the question of 'what is more nutritious?' in this case, is really not an easy answer.

So I guess if i were in that position I would look at whatever foods I was able to get for free from family, or food bank, or wherever and then try and buy things that balance that out.
I would also be probably buying a bag of dry lentils to cook up to supplement the soups and veggies or whatever--that would also lessen the salt content per serving.

So yeah just not an easy answer to the question I don't think.

Looks like my family is right. In that there's only 1 way to keep thin or keep lost weight off.
Constant vigilance , obsession.
And eat very little so you can't regain/gain.

Last edited:
I'm talking today to my diabetes Dr about the medication.
I don't want to go to that dark not eating place. Maybe he can tweak the meds somehow to prevent more weight gain.
I might come back here with the results.

Back