bluehats diary

Baked beans with some frozen mixed veggies added.
Bananas.
Legumes that you soak yourself are the cheapest.
Long-life Oat milk.
Oats with some frozen berries added. I just soak my oats overnight, add the berries & heat.
Yoghurt.
This link has some interesting ideas, Blue.

Cate's ideas and that reddit thread looks great.
I had to live on very little money years ago and I really mostly stuck to dried lentils, the cheapest of veggies (for me it was carrots and turnips at the time), and flour and baking soda to make biscuits...I remember that feeling of stress that so little money brings...and the feeling of wishing I wasn't so restricted in choices of what to buy and how to live, so I really feel for you.

Depression setting in.
I can't fight the medication weight gain and hunger and leg pain and foot/toe/leg cramps.
Thinking I can when evidence plus Dr's and pharmacists tell me it's not possible-- it just stresses me.

Still depressed.
Shopping shortly.
Decided to buy frozen vegetables.
This is a better choice than salty canned soup.
The only problem is that by buying more costly foods
I won't be able to eat all month.
But at least it's better food.

Maybe you can supplement the frozen veg with some food from the food bank. It will be good to get better nutrition xo

No veges. I saw one of my soft canned foods has went up a whole dollar.
I came home with some bananas.
Not sure what to do now.
The list I was recently given is out of my price range too.
But I thank ppl for trying to help.

Maybe you can supplement the frozen veg with some food from the food bank. It will be good to get better nutrition xo
Not an option to go the food bank for me. It requires nearly $7 to go. Where would that come from.
I'm sorry I never seem to have good answers but when I say I have only a little to spend I mean that.
And most won't deliver. Their cost would be awful.

There is no need to apologise for something you have very little control over. I'm sorry that you have so little money & so few choices :grouphug:

Well today is 2 bananas and pb. A really yummy combination.

And family made meatloaf. Containing --

1 can of condensed vege soup no water added and salsa sauce and ketchup and 1 egg and 1 onion soup pouch no water added and ground beef and a few ounces shredded cheddar cheese.
Ketchup on the top.

Not too bad of an eating day I guess.

Blue, you may have already told me, but are you able to cook things like lentils & add them to canned veggies & then portion them out & freeze them? Do you have access to freezer space or is it limited where you live?
You mentioning how well peanut butter & bananas go together makes me think that may be my tomorrow's breakfast. Yum!

Today is bananas and pb again plus some sort of family made glop. It's some sort of potato casserole with the looks and consistency of oatmeal. So very edible for me.
Blue, you may have already told me, but are you able to cook things like lentils & add them to canned veggies & then portion them out & freeze them? Do you have access to freezer space or is it limited where you live?
You mentioning how well peanut butter & bananas go together makes me think that may be my tomorrow's breakfast. Yum!

The meatloaf was good but bothered my intolerances.

Sorry idk what happened. It was supposed to be a separate post. I will try again.

Yes I can get dry lentils.i have a freezer but it thaws stuff out.
I would need to know how long they can stay in the fridge precooked and how much to make ahead.

"Store dried lentils in an airtight container in the cupboard or in a cool dry place for up to one year. Cover and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Dried lentils that have been cooked can be kept covered in the fridge for 5-7 days or frozen for up to 6 months."

"Store dried lentils in an airtight container in the cupboard or in a cool dry place for up to one year. Cover and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Dried lentils that have been cooked can be kept covered in the fridge for 5-7 days or frozen for up to 6 months."
Thank you so much for finding the info. for me.

So my diabetes app shows that since jan5 I've lost 2 pounds. Not alot but I'm glad it's not up.

Last of the bananas today. Hoping to find a sale of something anything!!
I will watch the dry lentil section. Sometimes they are on for 2 bucks a 2 pound bag. Which is half the regular price. I know cause I bought some last year but likely more now as prices have went wild. And reports say they will continue to rise.

Today will be 2 cups cottage cheese and 1.5 cups canned chili and 2 cups plant milk with 1 scoop protein powder.

I don't think I'm going to get anywhere with weight loss anymore. I only lost because of mouth surgery. And being off the weight gaining hunger causing meds.

I'm back on them now and very very hungry. It makes me irritatable and annoyed. And sometimes angry with myself.

Back