So far.

Lentil soup
Carrot cake
Cheeseies

Losing the battle.
Only 2-5% make it.
Looks like I'm not in it.
So far.
I like your 'so far' at the end...there's some hope in there!

2 separate cans of pasta in sauce 700 calories
Cream of cauliflower soup from dry pk
360 calories
Cheese 500 calories

Decided to just aim for 1500 calories a day.
Let the body go wherever.
If I'm hungry it's just the meds.
And hope the weight gain is tiny or none.

Soooo
Do I go with my favorite. food plan of counting cups or count calories?
Cups would be 5 to 5.5 cups. (280/cup).
Cups are a lot less to count.
Tha could be 2 meals of 2 cups and 1 snack of 1 cup.
Or graze all day to 1500 calories which makes my medication not possible to take because it usually is 4 hours apart.
Sometimes options are difficult for me. Like which one do I decide on.

It took me a while to get to liking calorie counting but i do find it the most simple way now. Because a cup of one thing could be a very different calorie count of another...like a cup of ice cream vs a cup of lentils would be pretty different...But if you could calculate the calories of what some of your favorite foods were per cup, then you could just go off that each time...

...just out of curiosity I put in a bunch of 1 cup servings into cronometer and was surprised to see that there wasn't as much calorie difference as i imagined there would be between some of the foods--1 cup of boiled lentils was 229, while 1 cup of breyers ice cream was 284! so maybe that cup idea could work really!

There were some big differences of course when it came to veggies though--like one cup of mashed carrot was only 80 calories, and 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce was 102 cals...anyways just interesting for me...

best of luck with whichever method you choose!

Lost control yesterday.
I can't say no to things like family made cheesebread.
And family made cheese balls!
And some sort of sweet rolled up dessert. Idk what they are called but they resemble a fat bomb but aren't a fat bomb. Because fat bombs are made with sweeteners not sugar.
These would be the size of if you put your thumb tip together with your index finger to make a circle.
So anyway with those 3 foods and not knowing any details about ingredients I have no calorie counts on them.
I believe there was cream cheese and cheese and peanut butter and sugar and I guess flour but amounts who knows.
So on the first of Jan like so many others I start the resolution we never keep.
But maybe I can start that on boxing day?

It's good you had some family time, Blue & didn't have to worry about food costs. Sure, we all make New Year's resolutions that are often too ambitious, but it's good to keep trying to look after ourselves.

Cream of broccoli soup from a dry mix 200 calories
Can of beans 456 calories
2 nutritional drinks 480 calories
Chunk of family made cheese ball in the soup

Cream of broccoli soup from a dry mix 200 calories
Can of beans 456 calories
2 nutritional drinks 480 calories
Chunk of family made cheese ball in the soup
Idk the total calories on all that but it was too much.
I'm bloated and gagged eating the soup.
Plus the beans were too hard on my top gums.
Idk how to eat to stop the bloat.

Idk the total calories on all that but it was too much.
I'm bloated and gagged eating the soup.
Plus the beans were too hard on my top gums.
Idk how to eat to stop the bloat.
I have issues with bloating as well...i imagine not having teeth could add to it if you can't chew your food properly...
I wonder if blending food would help at all...and being sure to let it have some time in your mouth to mix with saliva?
I think there are some digestive enzymes that are out there as supplements but I've never tried them...

...i was just out on my walk thinking how movement helps me with digestion, but I know you are limited for movement--have you ever tried any chair yoga or gentle tai chi? I just googled those for digestion and there are specific videos on youtube aimed at that--also a beginner chair yoga for type 2 diabetes...maybe worth looking into (though i would ask your doctor if stuff like that is ok to try as I don't know how limited you are)
The other thought i had was warm water can help with digestion as well...

I think Liza's idea of doing chair exercises is a good one. The same with drinking warm water.
It's Christmas morning here in Australia. Merry Christmas, Blue. Hope you have a lovely day with your family xoxo

I can't imagine drinking warm(or any) water when I'm bloated.
I guess less food at a time and not be able to take the meds. with everytime I eat.

Drinking more water when you are retaining fluid might sound counter-intuitive but I have always understood that's when your body needs more. It helps flush out your kidneys.

I can't imagine drinking warm(or any) water when I'm bloated.
I guess less food at a time and not be able to take the meds. with everytime I eat.
You can try different times too to drink the warm water if that appeals...was just reading when the best time to drink that to aid digestion and there seem to be different theories but it sounds like you could try it before you eat ...so I guess the idea is not to wait until you feel bloated but rather try to avoid it in the first place. Eating less at once sounds like a good idea. Eating slowly too could probably help.

Back