bluehats diary

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad Bluehat.

So far what I am noticing in your foods is so little protein...is there a reason why so low?

Yes.
I have pork and beef and dairy intolerances.
Tuna in the cans is very dry on my gums and it's alot of added calories to make it edible-- mayo.
It's the only fish I like.
I can eat scrambled eggs but the price has climbed too high.
I guess the only protein I can eat and tolerate and maybe afford is smooth pb.

Blue, do you have the My Fitness Pal app on your phone? That's what I use. It's easy & you can save some of your regular meals. It has a huge database & I only have the free version.
I found it. Now I'm just figuring out how to use it.
I'm very technology illiterate.

Yes.
I have pork and beef and dairy intolerances.
Tuna in the cans is very dry on my gums and it's alot of added calories to make it edible-- mayo.
It's the only fish I like.
I can eat scrambled eggs but the price has climbed too high.
I guess the only protein I can eat and tolerate and maybe afford is smooth pb.
Do you eat lentils, peas, beans, tofu etc?--those are my main protein sources...cheap and healthy and low calorie

Do you eat lentils, peas, beans, tofu etc?--those are my main protein sources...cheap and healthy and low calorie
Sometimes I eat canned chili or canned baked beans.
But of course I feel bad afterwards because it shoots my blood sugar way up.

2 cans of canned zoodles ( canned pasta) 660 calories
2 cups diet fruit juice 20 calories
200 grams sour cream and onion chips , crushed
Not sure of the calories
1200?

Blue, I just starting typing sour cream and onion chips into MFP & it gave me lots of options. The more you use MFP the easier it gets.

$4 a day just doesn't allow any
dry lentils and peas can be pretty cheap...and they can offer a lot of nice nutrition and protein
Sometimes I eat canned chili or canned baked beans.
But of course I feel bad afterwards because it shoots my blood sugar way up.
you don't like to buy beans that aren't prepared? Like plain chickpeas or black beans--usually cheaper than prepared and don't have the sugar contents like prepared stuff.

Anyways I know the issues can be complex, and I appreciate you answering my questions.

Back to the 1 cup volumes.
Painful stomach with anymore.
Luckily I have some storage containers.
It's just that idk how to keep the rest. Like some of my cans have 1.5 cups in them. The 2 cup cans are easy. Just eat half of it put the other half( 1 cup) away.

Blue, I just starting typing sour cream and onion chips into MFP & it gave me lots of options. The more you use MFP the easier it gets.
Yes.
And somehow I even figured out how to have it say meal 1 and meal 2 .
I don't have to use labels i don't have like breakfast lunch and dinner.
I still need find out how to put my own foods in but I will.

dry lentils and peas can be pretty cheap...and they can offer a lot of nice nutrition and protein

you don't like to buy beans that aren't prepared? Like plain chickpeas or black beans--usually cheaper than prepared and don't have the sugar contents like prepared stuff.

Anyways I know the issues can be complex, and I appreciate you answering my questions.
I've made lentil soup from dry ones.
I tried a split pea soup once and even soaked them overnight. They turned out hard still. From a slow cooker too!
I need them to be soft- having no teeth.
I made a black bean soup once too but don't care for black beans. I like chickpeas but idk how to make a soup from them and have them soft enough.

The apps are definitely easier to use once you are used to them. i use cronometer and it has just been so insightful to see what nutrients I was and wasn't getting! I've really changed the way I eat since observing that...i guess that's partly why I ask you about protein stuff-to me the nutrient levels are as much as or even more important than what calories we are getting.

Canned broccoli cheese soup
Cheese popcorn
Squash

Back