Weigh Yourself Everyday (or frequently) Club

145.2 lbs

Hello, fellow frequent weighers! I have a question:
I like to weigh myself often, and it works as a motivator whichever way it goes. But that means I feel adrift if I'm travelling (visiting family, on holidays, whatever) and there's no scales, or if - as happened to me a while back - there are wrong, out-of-whack scales.
Do any of you here have any tips for how to handle that situation - ie how someone reliant on seeing those numbers can to keep on track without the daily weigh-in?

I weigh myself often, some days several times. But I don't consider it official until my regular weigh in on Wednesday mornings. My weight bounces around a lot, up or down 3 pounds is not unusual. Makes it hard to know what weighing everyday really means.

I generally weigh more or less fully clothed first thing in the morning, that seems to be fairly consistent. I however suspect my summer wardrobe (shorts no socks) weighs less than winter, so some of my recent weight loss may just be the clothes. I occasionally weigh unclothed, and of course I weigh a couple pounds or so less that way. That might actually be the most consistent thing to do, no clothing bias.

When and how dressed and when do y'all weigh?

When and how dressed and when do y'all weigh?

i have an interesting around the house wardrobe... about a decade ago, The Reader, a locally published paper, had puzzle contests where you could win a t-shirt. when they finally stopped publishing them, i had (have) about a dozen of them. most are XL too big now, but around the house... com'on.

the other half of this story comes from when a Target store close by shut its doors with a blowout sale. i picked up the only sweat pants i liked there... only one color... so i now have 6 pairs of those, too. so i'm pretty much consistent there.

i do weigh myself sometime in my out-the-door clothes. between that weight (pockets loaded) and my out-of-the-shower weight is about 2.5 lbs.

Ok, I weighted myself several times a day for the past 3 days, high was 301 lbs, low 295 lbs. Think I will go back to once a week.

Ok, I weighted myself several times a day for the past 3 days, high was 301 lbs, low 295 lbs. Think I will go back to once a week.
you cannot look at any one weigh-in and get any true idea of where you are and even worse, what if you hit an anomalistic low one week and a high the next? you might see an increase even though your overall trend is downward. a few weeks ago i saw a 177 one afternoon... that's about 7-8 lbs over my average. the next morning i read a 172... a few days later i saw a 168.5. the other 90% of my readings for the month were probably around 170.

everyone enjoys seeing lows and the first thing in the morning is likely going to be it.... but as much as i like to see new record lows, i understand that they do not reflect my true weight. funny thing, though... i remember when 205 was a new low... and 199... and 182... etc, etc.

Last edited:
Ok, now I am hooked, I am weighing myself a lot more frequently, but not sure I am ready to post daily.
you cannot look at any one weigh-in and get any true idea of where you are and even worse, what if you hit an anomalistic low one week and a high the next?
You are right of course. In the last week I have varied from 293 to 302, even my first weight in the morning has been as high as 300. But its usually been below and seems to be averaging around 297 or 298, so I took 298 as my "official" weight for the week.

I am still weighing mostly clothed, or using that for my official weight anyway. I do sometimes step on the scale in or out of the shower and know I weigh a couple of pounds less without the clothes. Maybe I will switch to unclothed weigh some week when the scales are not nice to me, for as you say for the feel good factor.

.... In the last week I have varied from 293 to 302, even my first weight in the morning has been as high as 300. ...
the more you lose, the smaller the daily highs and lows will become. more mass means you have more cells that can hold more water. figure about 2½ -3½% of your body weight. that is what makes the biggest variance. at 170, my range is about 4-5 lbs now worst case.

as long as i'm here...
169.0 this morning.

I just have a regular scale that came from Target. It’s almost accurate. I don’t know about the 1/10 lbs though. I also weigh myself at the doctor’s office but with clothes.

lol... talk about a deceptive camera angle...

IMG_4816.jpg

Back