Matt's Diary

Year 1, Day 258 (Day 627)

Goals 1-7: ACHIEVED! Ongoing goal: Weight Maintenance...

Weight: 179.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Bowl of Southwest Chicken Chili, 1/2 of Italian Pasta Salad, a few Crackers all from Jason's Deli

Snack: 4 Yogurts, 2 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

Dinner: 1 bowl of Spaghetti w/ Meatballs.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 1 Hot Tea.

Estimated Calories: 2630

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I probably shouldn't have gone to that meetup since I got sicker and it turns out I have bronchitis. What's worse is the AC on my car broke!

I should have asked earlier but do cough drops have calories? I've been eating them like candy lately...

Someone has been keeping up with their most AWESOME lifestyle change. OMG Matt, you look GREAT......I'm so happy and proud of you. I've been MIA this past year and now am trying to catch up on everyone's journey and it brings me great joy to read that you have kept a healthy routine and continues trying to improve your eating habits. I hope that, overall, life has been treating you well since making this lifestyle change.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling "too hot" these past few days. Try to get some rest, increase your fruit intake and if things don't improve soon seek a doctor again and again. Bronchitis is no joke...I am sending you positive vibes and hope that you (and your lovely doggy) feel better soon.

PS: Check the back of the cough drops pack...depending on what kind flavor, they do have some calories, but nothing TOO CRAZY...now, it is important to check the packet for other reasons as well, bc if they are the kind that have analgesics then it isn't recommended that you eat TOO MANY of it thinking it's candy. If your throat hurts try having a spoon of honey with 5 drops of lime every day.....I swear by it, it has saved me many times from getting sick. ;-)

Year 1, Day 259 (Day 628)

Weight: 179.2

Breakfast: 6 Yogurts, 4 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Hot Tea.

Lunch: 1 Southwest Tortilla Broth Bowl, 1 cup of Vegetarian Summer Corn Chowder, 1 piece of French Baguette all from Panera Bread.

Snack: 6 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Miscellaneous: 4 bottled waters, Various cough drops.

Estimated Calories: 2710

Exercise: 2.75 Hours of Walking.

I had a weird craving for "soft foods" which is why I ate mostly yogurt and soup today. My AC in my car is still broke maybe I'll sweat out some extra pounds lol. Also for the sake of accuracy I added the calories for the all the cough drops I took today!

Last edited:
Someone has been keeping up with their most AWESOME lifestyle change. OMG Matt, you look GREAT......I'm so happy and proud of you. I've been MIA this past year and now am trying to catch up on everyone's journey and it brings me great joy to read that you have kept a healthy routine and continues trying to improve your eating habits. I hope that, overall, life has been treating you well since making this lifestyle change.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling "too hot" these past few days. Try to get some rest, increase your fruit intake and if things don't improve soon seek a doctor again and again. Bronchitis is no joke...I am sending you positive vibes and hope that you (and your lovely doggy) feel better soon.

PS: Check the back of the cough drops pack...depending on what kind flavor, they do have some calories, but nothing TOO CRAZY...now, it is important to check the packet for other reasons as well, bc if they are the kind that have analgesics then it isn't recommended that you eat TOO MANY of it thinking it's candy. If your throat hurts try having a spoon of honey with 5 drops of lime every day.....I swear by it, it has saved me many times from getting sick. ;-)

Hi Cali Girl it's great to see you back! Yeah I kind of figured I'd get b/c it's happened before. I'll get a cold, then I'll feel fine except for a lingering cough, then I go back b/c the cough doesn't go away and it turns out I have Bronchitis! I'm probably going to go to the store later on and get some fruit and more soup. I just checked the back of my cough drop package and it says it's 10 calories per drop!

Year 1, Day 260 (Day 629)

Weight: 180.4

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1/2 Salad, 1 bowl of Organic Vegetable Soup, 1 cup of Fruit w/cream, 1 Chocolate Chip cookie, A few Crackers all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 2 Fiber one bars, 1 Yogurt, 1 cup of Cantaloupe Chunks, 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream.

Dinner: 1 bowl of Campbell's Well Yes! Italian Vegetable w/Farro soup, 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2750

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

I'm feeling a better and I don't feel the need to suck on cough drops as much. For some reason I've been craving soup and fruit I don't know if it's b/c of the season or what. Also I could've ate a little less and could have done with less sweets.

Year 1, Day 261 (Day 630)

Weight: 181.0

Breakfast: 3 Fiber One bars, 2 Yogurts, 4 Doughnuts, 1 Bottle of Milk, 1 glass of Orange Juice.

Lunch: 1 Spicy Bite Hot Dog, 1 20 oz Cherry Coke all from 7-11.

Dinner: 1 Big Tavern Burger, 2 order of French Fries, 3 glasses of Dr. Pepper all from Red Robin.

Miscellaneous: 1 glass of Water, 1 Bottled Water, 1 Cherry Coke.

Estimated Calories: 5400

Exercise: 4 Hours of Walking.

My weight went up on a cheat day so I probably should have ate what I did. I think the antibiotics I took may have caused a bit of weight gain. My dog may have some more problems. I took her to the vet some heartworm pills and he though she may have some motor neuron issues with her hind legs b/c her foot dragged and there was some stiffness. So we may have to walk a little less.

Year 1, Day 262 (Day 631)

Weight: 183.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Apple, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1.5 cups of Salad, 1 Pepperoni/Salami/Ham w/Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Stouffer's Fit Kitchen TV Dinner (Steak Fajita), 1 bowl of Campbell's Well Yes! Minestrone w/Kale soup.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 2440

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking.

Well I'm slowly getting back on track. I feel a lot better, though yesterday's damage was done.

Year 1, Day 263 (Day 632)

Weight: 181.2

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 1 Side Salad, 1/2 Bag of Chips, 1/2 Club Royale all from Jason's Deli.

Snack: 2 Chocolate Chip cookies, 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 A few pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 bowl of Fettuccine Alfredo.

Estimated Calories: 2720

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Year 1, Day 264 (Day 633)

Weight: 180.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Lunch: 2 Yogurts, 1 Apple, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1.5 cups of Salad, 1 Pepperoni/Salami/Ham w/Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Dinner: A few pieces of Rotisserie Chicken, 1 bowl of Penne w/ Meat Sauce.

Estimated Calories: 2770

Year 1, Day 265 (Day 634)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee

Snack: 1 Kit-Kat mini, 1 Fun-Size Snickers, 1 slice of Pound Cake.

Lunch: 1 Meataballa Sub, 1 bag of Chips all from Jason's Deli.

Dinner: 1 Stouffer's Fit Kitchen TV Dinner (Oven Roasted Chicken).

Miscellaneous: 7 bottled waters.

Estimated Calories: 3000

Exercise: 2.6 Hours of Walking.

Today was kind of stressful and I overdid it on the snacks a bit. The dog is still having balance problems so I didn't walk her for as long as normal. The good news is I got a new car!

View attachment 24545

Year 1, Day 266 (Day 635)

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 3 cups of Coffee

Snack: 1 Banana

Lunch: 1 Yogurt, 1 Apple, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1.5 cups of Salad, 1 Pepperoni/Salami/Ham w/Cheese Sandwich.

Dinner: 1 Healthy Choice TV Dinner (Country Fried Chicken).

Miscellaneous: 5 bottled waters, 2 Dos Equis beers, 2 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3030

Today was kind of a hectic day. Misty had her appointment to see a veterinary neurologist for her vestibular and balance problems. It can be several things unfortunately they wouldn't know without an MRI which is VERY expensive. We got some medication so I hope that helps. I cut the walking short because my stomach was bothering me.

Year 1, Day 267 (Day 636)

Breakfast: 4 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal.

Lunch: 1/2 Italian Sub, 1/2 Garden Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette all from McAllisters Deli.

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, 1 cup of Cantaloupe Chunks, 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 3 waters, 4 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2800

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking.

Year 1, Day 268 (Day 637)

Weight: 179.8

Breakfast: 4 Doughnuts, 1 Bottle of 2% Milk.

Snack: Chocolate Chip cookie, 2 bottle of Cherry Cokes, 1 York Peppermint Patty.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Smoke and Pepper Burger, 2 sides of Fries all from Red Robin.

Snack: 1 Pint of Halo Top Ice Cream, 1 slice of Cake.

Miscellaneous: 1/2 Dr. Pepper, 1 Glass of Reisling, 1 Bottle of Fanta.

Estimated Calories: 5480

In case you were wondering today was a cheat day. I think I went a little TOO crazy on the sodas and Desserts lol.

Year 1, Day 269 (Day 638)

Weight: 183.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 packets of Oatmeal, 2 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 2 Yogurts, 1/2 bowl of Grapes, 1 Hard-Boiled Egg, 1 bowl of Campbell's Well Yes! Soup (Italian Vegetable w/Farro), 1 Pepperoni/Salami/Ham w/Cheese Sandwich.

Snack: A few Crackers, 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 5 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2610

Back