Matt's Diary

I forget the language differences :)

No worries, I try to be mindful of things like the fact that pretty much everyone outside the US uses the metric system, but I'm sure I've said things that some people who live outside the US might not understand.

Looks like you are on track. What is your calorie goal?

You sure do a lot of walking, more than anyone I know. Is that for your work, or do you just like walking?

Sort of . Its going down, but going down a lot slower than I'd like. I'm going to try to keep it within 2200-2400 calories. I like walking, though mainly my dog takes me on walks lol. Sadly since she is older she wants to walk less lately. I might start walking more by myself to kind of get used to doing it.

No worries, I try to be mindful of things like the fact that pretty much everyone outside the US uses the metric system, but I'm sure I've said things that some people who live outside the US might not understand.
I enjoy the differences & always look up something I don't understand.

I like walking, though mainly my dog takes me on walks lol.
When I was younger I really liked walking, probably never walked as much as you. It didn't matter too much where I walked; one thing I always liked was getting a good feeling for the geography and topography you can only get by walking it. Unfortunately I let my self get old and fat and my feet and knees can't take the walking anymore. I hope you are wiser than I and solve that problem before you have the problems I do. I am sure you can do it, you seem pretty bright and understand your problem better than I did at your age. And you are clearly working on it.

ISadly since she is older she wants to walk less lately. I might start walking more by myself to kind of get used to doing it.
I know that feeling, my wife and I are dog people and we always are worried about our dogs aging, dogs have too short a lifespan. We always try to get a "replacement" dog as one ages, we currently have a 9 year old dog and recently got a 2 year old for that purpose. In the past it seems to have helped us cope with seeing dogs age and die. I know however owning 2 dogs is not something everyone can do. Enjoy your dog while you can!

Goal 7A: In Progress...

Today's Weight: 207.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 5 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 1 bag of Chips, 1 Banana.

Snack: A few Mints.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce), 1 piece of Garlic Toast.

Snack: 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 3 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 2850

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

I did fairly well though I had to go to the bank to make a deposit for work and ate too many of the mints that they had out. I looked at the bag and didn't realize they had so many calories!

When I was younger I really liked walking, probably never walked as much as you. It didn't matter too much where I walked; one thing I always liked was getting a good feeling for the geography and topography you can only get by walking it. Unfortunately I let my self get old and fat and my feet and knees can't take the walking anymore. I hope you are wiser than I and solve that problem before you have the problems I do. I am sure you can do it, you seem pretty bright and understand your problem better than I did at your age. And you are clearly working on it.

I used to walk a lot when I was in college but that kind of fell to the way side. Unfortunately, it got to the point where it was hard to walk long distance without my back hurting (though for some odd reason I didn't have much of a problem walking my dog). I enjoy walking and looking at the scenery.

I know that feeling, my wife and I are dog people and we always are worried about our dogs aging, dogs have too short a lifespan. We always try to get a "replacement" dog as one ages, we currently have a 9 year old dog and recently got a 2 year old for that purpose. In the past it seems to have helped us cope with seeing dogs age and die. I know however owning 2 dogs is not something everyone can do. Enjoy your dog while you can!

I don't think I can get another dog, I can't really afford another pet right now, but in addition to my dog I take care of some neighborhood feral cats.

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 3 cups of Coffee.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 12 piece Chicken Nugget Combo ( w/1 Large order of Waffle Fries, 1 Large Dr. Pepper), all from Chic-Fil-A.

Snack: A few free Samples, 3 Bags of Chips, 2 Cupcakes.

Miscellaneous: 3 Bottled Waters, 1 20 oz. Cherry Coke, 2 Shots, 2 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 3730

Exercise: 2.25 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 208.4

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Cheese, 2 Hash browns, 1 small cup of Coffee all from McDonald's.

Lunch/Dinner: 7 Slices of Pizza, 10 pieces of Garlic bread, 2 slices of Dessert pizza, 1 Cinnamon Roll, 2 small Dr. Peppers, all from Cici's Pizza.

Snack: 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water, 2 20 oz. Cherry Cokes, 1 Milkshake from Wawa.

Estimated Calories: 5650

Exercise: 3.5 Hours of Walking.

I went a little crazy, honestly I wasn't going to but I've been a bit discouraged since last few weekends I've tried to keep the calories down and I've still gained weight.

Today's Weight: 209.6

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Meatloaf).

Snack: 5 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters.

Estimated Calories: 2100

Exercise: 3.25 Hours of Walking, 20 minutes of weight training.

I'm going to try to do more exercise and take up lifting weights again. I'm going to bring my gym bag to work and do it after I get home so I won't put it off.

well, there are a lot of stories here that are just too difficult to jump into, but i've got to say congrats. read page 1 and 138 and see you may be closing in on 200lbs. quite a journey and a huge kudo for sticking with it. i'll drop back in a while to see if you crack that barrier. not aware of all the nuances in your case, let me add that it is quite possible you will start to see a slow-down. when i hit a BMI of <25 i went from losing ~2lbs a week to maybe that in a month. in the past 6 months i have only dropped about 7-8 lbs, but hey, it's still going in the right direction.

Hey Matt, Flyer makes a good point.

You have lost over 100 lbs, that is a rare feat! And you have been able to keep it off, and even rarer and tough thing to do. You should be proud of your accomplishments!

I also started at 320, but I am far behind you, your dedication is an inspiration.

Today's Weight: 208.6

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: A few Crackers, 1 Bowl of Steamed Broccoli

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce).

Snack: 5 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2270

Exercise: 3.67 Hours of Walking

Today's Weight: 208.8

Breakfast: 2 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Yogurts.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Slow Roasted Beef).

Snack: 3 Yogurts.

Estimated Calories: 2250

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking, 30 minutes of Weight Training.

I was disappointed my weight went up a little, though I think it was because of gas from the broccoli.

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Snack: A few Crackers, 2 Cookies.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce), 2 pieces of Garlic Bread.

Estimated Calories: 2470

Exercise: 2.45 Hours of Walking.

I ate a little more today, also I wanted to do more walking but we had a huge thunderstorm.

Today's Weight: 207.2

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Roast Beef and Cheese Sandwich, 2 bags of Chips, 1 Banana.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 2 Cocktails, 1 Rum and Diet Coke.

Estimated Calories: 2810

Exercise: 2.45 Hours of Walking.

Today's Weight: 207.8

Breakfast: 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 1 Lemon Muffin, 1 cup of Coffee.

Lunch: 1 Korean Beef Zoodles, 2 small Cherry Cokes all from Noodles and Co.

Snack: 2 Cupcakes.

Dinner: 1 Double Whopper, 1 Small order of Fries, 1 Small Dr. Pepper.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters, 1 Cocktail, 2.5 Rum and Diet Cokes.

Estimated Calories: 4750

Exercise: 4 Hours of Walking.

I started off good but went nuts in the end. I think it'd the heat that's effecting me lol. It was over 100 degrees F yesterday!

Today's Weight: 209.4

Breakfast: 1 Sausage McMuffin w/Egg, 2 Hash Browns, 1 Medium cup of Coffee, all from McDonald's.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 Taziki's Feast meal (Beef Medallions w/1 side of Roast Potatoes, 1 side Salad w/ Pita Bread), 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies all from Tazikis.

Snack: 1 piece of Carrot Cake, 4 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 1 Bottled Water, 1 Bottle of Sweet Tea, 1 20 oz. Sprite.

Estimated Calories: 3650

Exercise: 3 Hours of Walking.

Again I was doing good, then broke down and had sweets. Well doing okay, I should have avoided McDonald;s breakfast. In my defense I was half asleep. I was called in to work and had gotten almost no sleep because my dog kept me up all night (she had a stomach ache and needed to go out and kept eating grass, eventually she threw up and was fine). Luckily I didn't have to go into work so I was able to get some sleep.

Today's Weight: 209.8

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters

Estimated Calories: 2650

Exercise: 2 Hours of Walking, 20 minutes of Weight Training.

Today's Weight: 209.0

Breakfast: 3 Yogurts, 2 Poached Eggs, 2 pieces of Toast, 2 Packets of Oatmeal, 4 cups of Coffee.

Dinner: 1 Marie Callender's TV Dinner (Spaghetti and Meat Sauce), 1 piece of Garlic Toast.

Snack: 2 Yogurts.

Miscellaneous: 4 Bottled Waters

Estimated Calories: 2710

Exercise: 2.5 Hours of Walking.

I switched up my yogurt last time I went shopping and got some new types of yogurt, a blended fruit and a fruit on the bottom kind. The only problem is that they are double the amount of calories.

Back