Wordle and/or other word games.

wow...

Wordle 477 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
after this one a few days ago, i started doing a screen save to keep track... if i posted results this way (image below), the next day at the earliest, would anyone mind? i'm in SoCal so i'd even wait until the morning when i'm sure the day has crossed the dateline. i've gotten well past first words as i have a half dozen by now that i choose from randomly. i don't think it's very hard to look up the most used letters, though recently they haven't been very revealing.

Wordle 10.09.22.jpg

I don't mind.

i probably won't post everyone like that but some days i think it would be more fun to comment on some that way. i actually avoid this site after 2pm (U.S. west coast time) since Cate's midnight happens well before mine and even looking at the way you get to an answer with only the color squares is too much of a hint for me.

I probably would prefer not to see your progression as I have a bit of fun trying to work it out. I don't use the same starter word each time. If you want to know what I did anytime you can PM me.
I have had 3 goes at it today & know what the first letter is & the last 2, but can't come up with a word (any word), so am going back to it later.

drat... don't know how i screwed this up. Wordle still says i have 100% and i haven't missed a day, but my streak got reset.

Wordle 482 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

i think this is the solution to posting here... literally and figuratively.
look under the 2nd 3-dots on the menu bar and it will bring up a spoiler flag.
insert an image or your words between the bracketed "spoiler" words.

to copy the solution image, i just use MS Paint (WIndows 10)
1. while looking at the solution, use Shift-PrtSc to take a snapshot of the page.
2. open up any other jpg image... right click, Open with... Paint.
3. File, select New, then Paste (Ctl-v)
4. Select: Rectangular selection, then click and drag to enclose the solution squares.
5. Crop.
6. Resize... i use 350 vertical pixels.
7. Save as... jpg.

Wordle 482 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 10.14.22.jpg

Last edited:
Wordle 483 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

probably a little luck that at first i didn't see all the *atch words.
watch, batch, match... and the two i already eliminated, patch and latch.

Wordle 10.15.22.jpg

Last edited:
:D I at least didn't have a clue on the second try.
i have 8 puzzles saved now and it's fun to look at the collection. you'd think there would be some pattern, but it's usually the first word that pops into my head looking at the available letters. have to admit though, for a short puzzle, a few times i've spent more than a few minutes to finally conjure up a word.

Last edited:
Back